Google Play hits 25 billion downloads (25 apps/movies/mags at 25 cents) !

I think it an "Authorization Charge". Most of them usually deduct a small amount to check if your card is valid, and everything is fine between them and the Bank. They usually refund it back. See this -

[h=3]Authorizations[/h] Authorizations occur between our billing system and your bank's billing system to ensure that the card is valid and the necessary funds are available in your account before the order is charged. If the order has been cancelled, the pending authorization will not result in a charge.
You may also notice a $1.00 transaction from Google, which is actually a pending authorization request between our billing system and the bank that issued your credit or debit card, so you won't end up paying the extra $1.00.
When you check your bank account or credit card statement, payment authorizations are often listed as pending. These transactions might remain in your account between 1-14 business days, depending on your card-issuing bank. Please keep in mind they are authorization requests only, not actual charges.
However, in a small number of countries, $1 is charged to your account and will be refunded. This refund can take up to 1 month to process. We recommend you contact your bank on the authorization status.
Be advised that these charges may be filed under the name GOOGLE GOOGLE.COM/CH.
Note: Authorization requests are sent each time you update a card. When using a gift card, ensure that there are sufficient funds on it to cover both the authorization as well as the cost of the item being purchased.

Linky: Multiple Charges & Authorizations - Google Play Help

I dont know why people being charged 1$.

Yesterday I activated the google wallet on my card and I was charged only 1 Re (Yes one rupee) as a checking amount. So if your location setting is not India or your phone is US based grey market device you will be charged 1$.

Another thing Swift key 3 is not for 0.25$ but for 1$.

Looking to buy World of goo and Babylon kid story book today, yesterday purchased Office suite + HD

Paper Camera looks good!!
bought Office, planning to buy Paper Camera & SwiftKey!!!(what do you guys think, are they worth buying???)

Paper camera is ok. SwiftkeyX is excellent. I bought it during the $0.10 sale. It's unbelievably good at predicting words.

The offer is there only on selected movie titles n books. In the Play store there is the top scrolling slideshow one of them will point you to the sale page

Swiftkey's predictions are nothing short of amazing. Can't comment on the JB keyboard, but if you feel you need an alternative kb, there's nothing better than swiftkey.

Sounds good, bought. I usually don't write a lot on my phone but that is mainly because I find the small k/b on my phone unwieldy.

I bought too many things on this sale and I don't even have an Android device yet!

howz broken sword guys ??

I am not sure if you are into adventure games (like Myst, Monkey Island games, Grim Fandango etc) but The Broken Sword series of games are amazing. Loved them when I played on the PC ages ago. I bought it again for iOS and it was a pretty good port with the touch controls implemented very well. Easily worth 25 cents.

I am not sure if you are into adventure games (like Myst, Monkey Island games, Grim Fandango etc) but The Broken Sword series of games are amazing. Loved them when I played on the PC ages ago. I bought it again for iOS and it was a pretty good port with the touch controls implemented very well. Easily worth 25 cents.

Not able to download it. :( It keeps on giving me an error !!

Back