Goqii Smart Vital watch - Is this worth buying? Cost 2.8k right now

What is Goqii? Are they a fitness brand that provides diet and exercise plans? Is it mandatory to own their Smart watch? I saw their ads during the SA cricket series. When I go to their website they only talk about their watches. It is very confusing. I lost interest after spending 10 minutes on the site.

I had got their basic band for 999/- on offer from Amazon few years back. It was very basic but came with the usuals like steps, heartbeat and sleep. It also came free with 9 months fitness coaching program. You would need to use their app for availing the coaching and syncing the band data. My experience with the trainer was good. There were periodic touchpoints and reviews. Guidance was fairly ok. I think they sell the band with the hope of getting folks to subscribe for their coaching. I did not subscribe any further but continued using the band on and off till I moved to Amazfit Bip last year since I wanted to use Gadgetbridge so that I can keep everything local (the band apps in general are pretty intrusive with data uploading to their servers).
The band could be used without subscribing to their program but you still need to use their app.
Overall their were better bands available then but I was keen to try one out for the first time hence bought it cheap.
I will defer to others on their latest products as my experience is somewhat old.

Last edited:
I had got their basic band for 999/- on offer from Amazon few years back. It was very basic but came with the usuals like steps, heartbeat and sleep. It also came free with 9 months fitness coaching program. You would need to use their app for availing the coaching and syncing the band data. My experience with the trainer was good. There were periodic touchpoints and reviews. Guidance was fairly ok. I think they sell the band with the hope of getting folks to subscribe for their coaching. I did not subscribe any further but continued using the band on and off till I moved to Amazfit Bip last year since I wanted to use Gadgetbridge so that I can keep everything local (the band apps in general are pretty intrusive with data uploading to their servers).
The band could be used without subscribing to their program but you still need to use their app.
Overall their were better bands available then but I was keen to try one out for the first time hence bought it cheap.
I will defer to others on their latest products as my experience is somewhat old.
Agree with the above I have the watch, received it as a corporate gift

Back