Got a PS5. now what?

1. Get a PS+ extra subscription for a month or three and enjoy access to top-tier PS games to start with. Quite a few excellent games in there and worth every penny especially if you are new to PS ecosystem. Also I said a month or three since very shortly there will be sale in which you can buy 1 year sub for as low as 2999 (or even lesser if there's some offer)
Can I expect this today? Right now the 1-year subscription to the "Extra" tier is for Rs 3749/-.

Can I expect this today? Right now the 1-year subscription to the "Extra" tier is for Rs 3749/-.
It's 25% off right now (3749), which is the usual price for June and Black Friday sales.
In December, it was available for 2999/year (only if you are not subscribed).

I think this is a good price as well.
Do the following to save more:
1) Buy a PS wallet code from Amazon, preferably when some bank offer is ongoing like 10% off for a specific bank card, so you'll be able to buy 5000 PSN gift cards for 4500.
2) Add the gift card to the PSN wallet.
3) Buy PS Plus using your wallet balance.

PSN USA.
I think if you going for it. PSN USA does not accept Indian CC so you will have to buy PSN digital card worth $50 from Amazon USA and then redeem it on USA psn account and then buy the psn plus.

I have heard of new ps5 slim coming.
Might want to wait for it.
Doesn't seem like anything special honestly. They removed the disc reader and the stand and turned them into accessories lol. IMO if one is getting a good deal on any game + disc version bundle, it would be better purchase than the PS5 slim.
If a PS5 pro comes along later then it would be a different story altogether.
Any idea when the next sale is likely and what could be the price for 1 year subscription?
Idk about the sale but after the recent price update they're probably going to sell 1yr deluxe subscription for approx 7500 :')

PS Plus deluxe is available for ~5300 for a year. Unfortunately no discount on monthly or quarterly. PS plus Extra is available for 300 less, but guess deluxe makes more sense at this price.

I have gone on to actually buy discounted games. Things a lot cheaper that way. I buy Discs (new or used), and also when games get really cheap.

I have gone on to actually buy discounted games. Things a lot cheaper that way. I buy Discs (new or used), and also when games get really cheap.
This approach is good when you know exactly what you want to play. Risk is higher because you might spend 2000 on a game which you end up not liking.

Subscription help you discover more games. You can try out stuff without worrying about the cost. Then on occasions where you want to own a game you liked, you can get a used disk or buy during sale.

My Steam library has around 20-25 games which I bought due to great reviews but never played because it was not to my liking. When I got game pass, I had the luxury of trying things out without wasting money.

Of course, for PC, I do have the option to try out almost any game for free before buying it. Lately I've been taking that route itself.

Back