Charun

Skilled
hey friends i have got my aunt's iphone 3g 8gb from US

now i have the option of selling it or keeping it[if father permits]

currently i m thinking of keeping it for myself

i am a noob in operating iphone

please tell me each and every minute detail that i should do

its jailbraked and my sim card is working

however i find it quite warm when talking or charging as compared to my nokia n73

also please tell me from where do i download all games and applications from ?

please mention things which i may have forgotten to write also

i am going to create a sale thread also for this phone

You should now jailbreak it and get apps from Cedia. I used Blackra1n since its unlocked I think it has the firmware which can be jailbroken.

keep the phone, it'd be the best phone you'll ever own. Once you get used to it and see its awesome power, you would not want to use any other phone, period.

Goto App store, play around, download some free apps ;) best way to learn is to experiment. If it'd JB'd, it must have Cydia installed. Check it out, research online, add some repositories.

sibot said:
keep the phone, it'd be the best phone you'll ever own. Once you get used to it and see its awesome power, you would not want to use any other phone, period.

Goto App store, play around, download some free apps ;) best way to learn is to experiment. If it'd JB'd, it must have Cydia installed. Check it out, research online, add some repositories.

thnxs man and i hope that father allows me to keep this fone
Rahulrulez said:
nothing to get help in it.. You'll get familiar with it within 1 week or less.

but i dont even know that where to download a game from so links will be very much useful bro
Rahul said:

the site u have given is not opening :(

Ok..

iPhone Operating -

You'll get familiar with it soon. Nothing to guide you, everything is straight forward.

Downloads -

i. Apple iTunes, App Store. Register there and download various free and paid applications.

ii. As you're using it in India, that means you've jailbroken it. There will be a Application called Cydia or Icy on your iPhone. Go there, make sure you've internet connection through Wifi or GPRS on your phone. Now just install the applications to your iPhone through Cydia or Icy.

Remember, there are lots of games and apps available on both sources, no one can beat the iPhone, iPod, iPad repo till the date.

Rahulrulez said:
Ok..

iPhone Operating -

You'll get familiar with it soon. Nothing to guide you, everything is straight forward.

Downloads -

i. Apple iTunes, App Store. Register there and download various free and paid applications.

ii. As you're using it in India, that means you've jailbroken it. There will be a Application called Cydia or Icy on your iPhone. Go there, make sure you've internet connection through Wifi or GPRS on your phone. Now just install the applications to your iPhone through Cydia or Icy.

Remember, there are lots of games and apps available on both sources, no one can beat the iPhone, iPod, iPad repo till the date.

cant i download the apps and games and install it thorugh itunes ????

i dont have gprs or wifi :(

@ all thread crappers, he's asking help, help him. Don't misguide him..

@Swastikrj - Yes, you can download them in iTunes and later sync all the apps into your iPhone.

It is anytime better.. Any queries, feel free to PM me :)

hey guyz i have around 300 contacts in my nokia n73

now how do i transfer these contacts to iphone ?????

and from where do i buy a scratch guard ????

afaik the Zagg mirror shield is the best one right ??????

any idea about its cost ????

also i m not able to send any messages - i m getting this error - msessage send failure

swastikrj said:
hey guyz i have around 300 contacts in my nokia n73

now how do i transfer these contacts to iphone ?????

and from where do i buy a scratch guard ????

afaik the Zagg mirror shield is the best one right ??????

any idea about its cost ????

also i m not able to send any messages - i m getting this error - msessage send failure

Just sync the contacts to MS Outlook through Nokia PC Suite or Ovi Suite. Then go to iTunes and sync contacts from Outlook to iPhone.

You can buy Zagg invisible Shield, you can't say it's best but they claim it.
You can check the cost on their website -

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | Apple iPhone 3G/3GS Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield
About Message not being sent -
Check this thread Message send failure iPhone 3.1 - Mac Forums

Restart the device, try to reset the settings in Settings option.

Seed said:
is it updated to 3.1.2 atleast or im guessing since it was with your aunt it's on some ancient firmware

it has 3.1.2 firmware

Rahulrulez said:
Just sync the contacts to MS Outlook through Nokia PC Suite or Ovi Suite. Then go to iTunes and sync contacts from Outlook to iPhone.

You can buy Zagg invisible Shield, you can't say it's best but they claim it.
You can check the cost on their website -

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | Apple iPhone 3G/3GS Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield
About Message not being sent -
Check this thread Message send failure iPhone 3.1 - Mac Forums

Restart the device, try to reset the settings in Settings option.

thnxs bro will try the msg settings

and today i tried installing 2 games but after some 90% some error occured and i couldnt install game

do i need to register on itunes in order to install apps or games ???

someone please help me

till now i have come around 2 types of errors

a) one error as mentioned above is of app sync 3.0 error - plz tell me wat to do about that ???????

b) today i saw another error when i tried installing some games give by my frnd - it said you are not authorized to do this on your computer

i tried de-authorizing and then again authorizing and then again tried installing but no luck

please help me guyz

and what about 3.1.3 firmware update ?????

anyone tried that ????

and is the spirit jailbrake soo easy ??????

should i go ahead with it ??

^^ Do not upgrade to 3.1.3. You'll loose unlock. Jailbreak and unlock are two different things. Please stay away from it. And do not ever upgrade before you do proper research. If you upgrade, then you'll loose unlock. And you wont be able to downgrade. SO do not upgrade.

And regarding that error, you are trying to install cracked apps. There is patch available to install cracked apps but I can't help you on this as this is piracy.

dude i would suggest doing a clean restore of 3.1.2 and start the phone off fresh with just essentials installed.. jailbreaking and unlocking 3.1.2 is easy but restoring it will be a little tricky. plenty of guides available though, just search

i have search many many times and got a lot of information

but in all i am very much confused and i need someone besides me who can help me

because i have never used any apple product

can anyone in mumbai from nearby malad area help me please ????

Back