Got an Xbox 360(Jasper)... KMD is a dude !!!

When I ordered it on 7th Jan, KMD said he would get it in 8-10 working days. Imagine my surprise when he PMed me this noon saying its already with him. He suggested getting it hand delivered the next day. Obviously, I wasnt going to wait for another 24 hour so I went and picked it up in person. So its barely a week since I ordered it and I have it in my hands :D

JASPER !!!

Yes its a Jasper as I hoped (based on the 256MB, Value Bundle description). I see the 12.1v power connector on the box and it matches the Jasper socket, so its a Jasper confirmed :eek:hyeah:

How much did you pay for it? And why are you surprised that KMD is a dude or did u mean KMD is the Man or something to that effect...

I am also interested to buy !

- I think u need a step down transformer for this ?

- confirm the damage ...

- also confirm if it has HDMI port?

So we have our first TE Jasper RRoD testing guinea pig. ;)

Just kidding. Congrats & just pray it doesn't go kablaam! :)

Fahrenheit said:
How much did you pay for it? And why are you surprised that KMD is a dude or did u mean KMD is the Man or something to that effect...

I already mentioned the damages in the RRoD thread..which is 14,800/-. It also comes with some 6 arcade games so atleadt I have something play right away.

I already have a 1KW 220-110 step-down (use it with logitech, but its only 510W so the sme can easily accomodate the XBOX).

It has HDMI, LAN, USB and A/V sockets.

So just to make sure that you get a version that probably will not fizzle out, you went ahead and got something that's a brick if it does fizzle out

Over something that possible had a greater risk of fizzling out, but would have been fixed if it fizzled out

Beats me!

superczar said:
So just to make sure that you get a version that probably will not fizzle out, you went ahead and got something that's a brick if it does fizzle out

Over something that possible had a greater risk of fizzling out, but would have been fixed if it fizzled out

Beats me!

lol ... well said !

BF1983 said:
^^ Actually 90% of all RRODs can be fixed. So its not bad what he has done.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I wanted a Jasper for 2 reasons:

1. A newer and mature version of xbox360 that draws less power and dissipates less heat

2. It makes sense if I decide to mod it later as I would be loosing warranty and don't want the RRoD bug to come and bite my ass.

^^ Actually 90% of all RRODs can be fixed. So its not bad what he has done.

So why hunt for a Jasper (or Casper) in the first place?

EDIT: Saw your post after the above

1. A newer and mature version of xbox360 that draws less power and dissipates less heat

2. It makes sense if I decide to mod it later as I would be loosing warranty and don't want the RRoD bug to come and bite my ass.

1- A noble thought indeed, trying to reduce your carbon footprint and all that, but worth losing the warranty on a product that is known to be failure prone (even in its casper avatar)?

2- The soft mod resides on the Drive firmware, so the soft mod should have no bearing on your warranty (since you can always revert back to the original firmware in case your console RrODs

So someone tell me about the Jasper. Is it the new improved X360 that dosent crap on you ?

And is this console comparable to the features/pricing offered by the PS3 kit.
Does this make it a better buy or what ?

Congrats Dude
Am so happy for you
tell me how your first night was with xbox arcade
and ill thank you and tell you about my first seed box night
ttyl

dlalvani said:
Congrats Dude
Am so happy for you
tell me how your first night was with xbox arcade
and ill thank you and tell you about my first seed box night
ttyl

WTF dude, its way past your bed time :eek:hyeah:

Well you get 6 games free with the box. But they are the arcade types including 1 card game, How long can you really play them lol.

I am sure your seedbox is doing good :D

Back