Video got myself a new ps3. Please suggest a monitor.

hey techenclavians !!

finally my ps3 will be landing at my home this week. So i have to zero in on the monitor for the same. .

so please help me with that. But the thing is that my budget is 6k. . i know thats far less but i have no choice.

please note that i am not a hardcore gamer. so i have no idea what ghosting , beeding of screen and blah blah ( NOM to the veterans ) means . so all i want that when i play tomb raider or uncharted series ( i like those kinda games, no fps .. very rare ) i can get a decent graphics. ( i am expecting prince of persia warrior within graphics) .

So guys start pouring your advice please and yes please let me know the price of the product if possible.

BTW i have searched for some of them on letsbuy.

1. Dell 20 Inch WideScreen HD LED Monitor (IN2030M)

2. Philips 20" Widescreen LED Monitor with Smart Touch

3. Moser Baer 21.5" Wide Screen LCD Monitor (MBI W22G)

TIA.

will the dell suffice my needs? I dont want that i repent later due to the graphics .. :( . does it have a hdmi port ?

and the benq one is out of stock in letsbuy. Any idea about its price in the market at present ??

p.s : i have edited my first post and added some monitors. Can u plz check if they are good ? .. my only purpose is gaming on ps3 .

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

guys can u please help me out with this. I am free tommorrow so i can go to the local shops, else i will have to wait till sunday . :(

anyone guys ?? :(

awaiting suggestions .. :(

In reply to your PM, I have no idea on which ports are there on which monitors.

But, if possible, try to save up some cash to buy a bigger monitor, IMO. Get a 22/24 incher at the very least.

ok, I will try to do that. So which one are good in 22 inches ??

and please also note that this is my first console so will i really be able to make out the difference in graphics between 20" and 22" ??

aquaticbullet said:
ok, I will try to do that. So which one are good in 22 inches ??

and please also note that this is my first console so will i really be able to make out the difference in graphics between 20" and 22" ??

anyone guys ?? :(

get the benq g2220 hd and get a dvi to hdmi cable.you are set.

dont go below 22 inches in screen size and 1080 p in reso.

simply get the dell ST2220l

Buy Dell 22 Inch WideScreen HD LED Monitor (ST2220L) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

I have it, got it for 7k from letsbuy only, its price has increased since.

I also have a ps3 and the graphics are amazing!!

I would suggest you not to get anything less than 22" n 1080p as it will spoil the whole fun of a ps3!

Also this model comes with HDMI port & dvi port and you will get a dvi and a vga cable free (its not written but i got one from letsbuy)

Always go with HDMI and not dvi to hdmi converter because then you will need another cable for sound and it creates wiring hassles,

so go for HDMI, that cable will transmit both sound n 1080p graphics from ps3 to monitor and that monitor has a 3.5mm jack so that you can connect any speakers or headset and YOU ARE DONE!!!..

I had the exact same requirements as you and i did this and i am very happy n satisfied :)

HOPE I SOLVED ALL UR QUERIES~

ok so i have decided to go for dell. But i have a small doubt. I have read a post @ "http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/led-monitor-for-ps3-201131.html" where urban_nomad has posted pics of his dell while playing ps3 . The game looks very bad , anti aliased. :( . so can it be corrcted by settings or that is what i will get in 8k ?? :O

p.s : http://www.letsbuy.com/belkin-standard-hdmi-aa-cable--3-feet-av1004703-p-16721 , will this cable do the work ?? or can i get other cheap options in the local market ??

pps : how to make hyperlink ?? i always have to paste the whole link. can ny one plz help :(

how much would a local hdmi cost ?? is it reliable ??

whatever you buy make sure it is HDCP compatible or else you wont see anything.would tell you what hdcp is but i guess you dnt need to know.

local Hdmi cables can be bought for 250-200 which are equally good and hdcp compliant.

I have connected my dell st2220l with both my ps3 n my PC and have played many games (fifa 12 too), didnt notice any such problems. That BENQ g2220 model is good too, i have it in my other room, But i prefer my dell one as it has hdmi. Visually the benq one look more sharper but it depends on the person, for me having HDMI>>>>A lil' sharper visual, thus dell is better.

Gannu said:
Yeah it can but there are very few titles that has native 1080p resolution.

Apologies for the OT!

That is what I was wondering. All the discs I have seen till now have 720pi.

guys finally i have bought dell st2220l .. :) :hap2: .. my ps3 will land 2morrow and then will connect it and would let u know if the monitor worrks fine.
Thanks all for help . appreciate your effort.

HDCP is

High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection

a hdcp enabled device will only work with an HDCP enabled display

graphics card ,consoles all are HDCP enabled :D

thanks for the info ubergeek .. :)
BTW i recieved my ps3 and the monitor is working fine. Again Thanks all for the suggestions.
This thread has served it's purpose so i am requesting mods to please close this thread.

Back