Got myself nokia n79

Hi, frnds, yesterday, i purchased n79 and i am really very happy to have it, awesome sound quality, nice camera and features.

I would like you to please make me know something more by which i can enhance the feature of my phone and get the max out of it, like with the help of some useful application, or softwares etc..

Thanx

It is the Best non-touchscreen phone available at the moment in 12-15k price range.

If you have some dislike towards TS devices then it's a no-brainer go for you.

the phone is awesome, a bit slow but truly a performer, great camera, both still and video recording than compare to most others 5mp camera phones available in the market now, as for sound if paired it with ep 630 or pl30, makes a powerful combination.

^ strictly disagree,

I am owner of N79 since more than year. Phone is good for everything except processing speed and audio quality. If you compare the audio quality even with N73ME, you'll feel N73ME is way better than N79. I've tested it with Creative EP630, PL13 and few more headphones, even with FiiO E3. But you'll not get real Audio taste :no:

I am not saying, the phone sucks. N79 is best and unbeatable at that range. Camera is awesome, operating is OK and sucks while browsing Images (Gallery). If you neglect cons like Audio quality, Slow processing speed then the phone rocks :yeah:

Best luck with your phone, it's like a piece of cake :)

Anybody can suggest an automatic call recording s/w for this fone ..? something that can function in the background w.o any prompt .. kinda like secret recording s.w ..?

need unltd recording s.w .. pref free

Any help wd be appreciated.

I bought the fone at the time of launch(was bit costly then).

The phone has lots of features and is gr8 at the current price range. It is tad slow. Audio quality is not that bad. Has good camera, gr8 GPS chip.

The only thing I do not like is that it does not falls into Nokia's preferred list. As a result there are no free OVI maps, no MFE 3 (that support subfolders).

Spacescreamer - search for ultimate voice recorder for s60v3.

Spacescreamer said:
Anybody can suggest an automatic call recording s/w for this fone ..? something that can function in the background w.o any prompt .. kinda like secret recording s.w ..?

need unltd recording s.w .. pref free

Any help wd be appreciated.

Use total recall...nothing better n stealth like that

I cud have sent you...but I hv a one for N72..symbian Series 2

I've been using it for over 6months. The audio quality is good if you use it with some good headphones like PL21. If you want to use really good apps you need to hack it. Google for how to do it.

You can get great apps from sites like dailymobile.se

One thing in N79 is that the Camera Sounds cannot be turned off even in Silent profile. If you need to fix that there is an app in the above site which does the job without the need for hacking the phone.

Back