CPU/Mobo got myself P II 555 :)

I went to CTC today to get portable dvd writer for myself and saw phenom II 555 BE there. I just couldn't resist the temptation and bought one for myself :eek:hyeah:.
Will post overclocking results soon.
Got it for 5450 as always from Manish, Bhumika Peripherals.
I believe I am the first to get 555 BE on TE :D

haraakiri said:
I went to CTC today to get portable dvd writer for myself and saw phenom II 555 BE there. I just couldn't resist the temptation and bought one for myself :eek:hyeah:.
Will post overclocking results soon.
Got it for 5450 as always from Manish, Bhumika Peripherals.
I believe I am the first to get 555 BE on TE :D

What else you have to compliment that BE.

asingh said:
What else you have to compliment that BE.

I have got 790XT-UD4P, great mobo for overclocking. Only that voltage adjusments are coarse.

Yes, I will try unlocking too :).

EDIT :
Got it installed, and did quick and dirty overclock :)
Set Vcore to 1.475 and multiplier to 20 from bios and started prime. Failed in a few minutes.
Increased the voltage by two notches to 1.525V and prime 95 now stable for over an hour.
Linx 2MB 20 tests passed.
CPU-Z Validator 3.1

EDIT-2 :
Unlocked cores successfully :yahoo:
overclocked to 3.75G on stock voltage(which strangely is 1.375V. Is that normal for C3 processor? My 550BE had 1.3V as stock voltage).
CPU-Z Validator 3.1

wrong url in the above post.
CPU-Z Validator 3.1

I didn't go beyond that, as I tend use this as 24/7 overclock and I never found much of difference in performance after 3.6GHZ. If I get it stock volts, then no reason to go for more :D
Temperatures under control with my scythe mugen 2.

Hmm. Sounds promising for newer revisions. :) Now AMD should think something about the notebook lineup. We would get more VFM then.

Nice going there...lets see some prime screens as well as temp graphs...this will give an idea to the heat this thing generates.

^^ Will try that. Have to do it again :(.
Just to prove 4ghz with 4 cores is possible on this chip, no stability check done.
CPU-Z Validator 3.1

I think I would need a better cooler for 4G as most suggest to keep temps below 50 for 4G. It's already above 50 at 3.7@1.38V.:ashamed:

EDIT :

hyper pi 1M 4GHZ@1.55V

i'm thinking to get athlon x4 620 and gigabyte-785-GMT UD2H combination. Just for a home pc, not a hardcore gamer.

In my case,

1) should I go for Athlon x4 620 or P II 555 with above mobo ?
2) whether the above mobo can unlock (if at all) 2 cores ?
3) If I may ask, are there any BATCH numbers to ask for successful unlock?

I'm planning to buy these from PrimeABGB mumbai this weekend. Any suggestions please !
Thank you.

Back