CPU/Mobo got myself P II 555 :)

If you are going for just a home pc, better to opt for 620. It has got lower power consumption, confirmed quad core and cache doesn't matter in general applications. You could also opt for a cheaper mobo in that case.
555BE definitely is a better performer especially in games with higher clock speed and cache. 555BE has got a very high chance of unlocking, Manish tells me he unlocked two more after selling me one. Atleast it should become tricore. There are some failures though, have a look at XS forum. I have got 1002FPMW batch processor.There isn't much info on good batches as of now, I think.
@macchi12345 : IIRC msi has got MSI 785GM-E51 mobo for 4.6K. asus and gigabyte both have got ddr3 785g mobos for around 6K.

haraakiri said:
If you are going for just a home pc, better to opt for 620. It has got lower power consumption, confirmed quad core and cache doesn't matter in general applications. You could also opt for a cheaper mobo in that case.
555BE definitely is a better performer especially in games with higher clock speed and cache. 555BE has got a very high chance of unlocking, Manish tells me he unlocked two more after selling me one. Atleast it should become tricore. There are some failures though, have a look at XS forum. I have got 1002FPMW batch processor.There isn't much info on good batches as of now, I think.
@macchi12345 : IIRC msi has got MSI 785GM-E51 mobo for 4.6K. asus and gigabyte both have got ddr3 785g mobos for around 6K.

THANKS........:hap2:

My procy stepping is 1002FPMW and it did unlock. I have seen lot's 1002EPMW unlock on XS and other forumes. They overclock great too. Go for it and do post results :).

haraakiri said:
^^ Will try that. Have to do it again :(.

Just to prove 4ghz with 4 cores is possible on this chip, no stability check done.

CPU-Z Validator 3.1

I think I would need a better cooler for 4G as most suggest to keep temps below 50 for 4G. It's already above 50 at 3.7@1.38V.:ashamed:

EDIT :

hyper pi 1M 4GHZ@1.55V

Pathetic :| Btw which cooler ? You should have crossed 17s mark with 4G :p

Oops :p Just noticed that its on unlocked cores :p BTW try some Oc on 2 cores and hit something near 4.2g. You can get 4G under 1.45 with C3 based PII :p

haraakiri said:
sub 17 superpi with 4.1ghz :). Using scythe mugen 2.

I need 1.525V for 4G even without unlock :(. Posted before.

That is possibly due to the motherboard. People did hit 4g under 1.44 :) I won't upgrade since there is not some real improvements :p Happy with my B50, will probably wait for Liano or Bulldoer :)

I think that's dependent on the chip more than my mainboard. You perhaps have got one of the best C2 chips and I one of the worst. :ashamed:
After reading things about C3 chips on different forums, I think 1002EPMW and 1004APMW are better at overclocking especially at lower volts. This one doesn't and there are a few similar on other forums.
Will attempt to get temps under control after I get my better cfm scythe fan.

wohoo upgraded form a 550BE to 555BE

550BE gone to my bro

Im running a noctua SE2 - Temps are hitting 55 Max .. full load.. is that ok?

Congratulations for successful unlock. :)
You should get better temps. Or perhaps you have got higher ambient temps. Or your chip even more hotter than mine. Which batch? Try reseating cpu cooler, if possible. If you are planning to overclock, temps should come down.

haraakiri said:
Congratulations for successful unlock. :)

You should get better temps. Or perhaps you have got higher ambient temps. Or your chip even more hotter than mine. Which batch? Try reseating cpu cooler, if possible. If you are planning to overclock, temps should come down.

mobo + cpu idling @ 45d .. had applied as5 .. its a pain to reseat the cpu .. are these temps ok ? or do i HAVE to reseat it ?

oc maybe later ..

1002FPMW

I think all 1002FPMW are hot, I have got the same one. :)
If you don't plan to oc, then these temps are nothing to worry about. Arctiv Silver 5 has 200 hours breakin period. It will get better with time. So by the time you get to oc, perhaps temps would be better.
Still if you plan to oc, perhaps it would be better to reseat and use a different thermal paste like TX3.
If you don't have cnq enabled, please enable it. It will lower cpu temps(and power consumption) at idle.

haraakiri said:
I think all 1002FPMW are hot, I have got the same one. :)
If you don't plan to oc, then these temps are nothing to worry about. Arctiv Silver 5 has 200 hours breakin period. It will get better with time. So by the time you get to oc, perhaps temps would be better.
Still if you plan to oc, perhaps it would be better to reseat and use a different thermal paste like TX3.
If you don't have cnq enabled, please enable it. It will lower cpu temps(and power consumption) at idle.

Its now idling at 42~44
Will give it some time .. cnq enabled

Back