Budget 31-40k GPU from Singapore or US

satyanjoy

Skilled
I will be visiting Singapore next week. Is it worth to get GPU from Singapore in terms of price and is there any brand that offer global warranty. Same of US, my friend will be visiting US in March end and can I get GPU from there get local warranty here

No warranty on gpu will be applicable here brought from overseas. EVGA used to give but had to be shipped to taiwan and return shipping would then cause issue with customs.

This one time I ordered an Asus RX470 from the US since it was dirt cheap, once it landed here I realized it was a DOA unit lol.
Had to spend 1200 to ship it back to the US for RMA, it'll be better if you can stress test a GPU locally before it lands here.

This one time I ordered an Asus RX470 from the US since it was dirt cheap, once it landed here I realized it was a DOA unit lol.
Had to spend 1200 to ship it back to the US for RMA, it'll be better if you can stress test a GPU locally before it lands here.
Don't leave us hanging, what happened next? did you get it repaired/replaced, did you pay for shipping again after?

Don't leave us hanging, what happened next? did you get it repaired/replaced, did you pay for shipping again after?

They shipped me a new one to the same US address, luckily someone was flying back to Pune that month so I didn't have to pay for shipping.

customs won’t be a problem for Rma unit . Just keep emails for Rma and pics for courier used to send the device from India to Taiwan
Many people do not know their rights and end up believing they've to pay up to 43% customs again even for repairs
I will be visiting Singapore next week. Is it worth to get GPU from Singapore in terms of price and is there any brand that offer global warranty. Same of US, my friend will be visiting US in March end and can I get GPU from there get local warranty here
None.
Get one from here, however, if you're seeing a major price difference which is unlikely, you may prefer Singapore for easy RMA in future

I would guess that you're more likely to find deeper discounts on cards during sales in the US. SG might not be that much cheaper than India.

Back