Gran Turismo 6 - Discussion Thread

quan chi

Skilled
granturismo6.jpg

Sony has announced that Gran Turismo 6 is in development for the PlayStation 3 with a targeted released window of 'Holiday 2013'.
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/15/gran-turismo-6-officially-announced/

Preview:- http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-17-gran-turismo-6-preview-the-turning-point

I was one of the biggest fans of GT . Have drifted past the racing games and didnt really enjoy 5 that much.
The only game i have kinda enjoyed in the recent past is NFS MW and even that had very less repeated play ability.[DOUBLEPOST=1369068073][/DOUBLEPOST]I am throwing money at the screen looking at this.

ibrWwxVIIJtsaW.gif

^^If you are planning on GT5 too then do let me know. I have read that if you are not much of a racing fan then single player of GT5 can be a bit boring for you.

I won't call single player in GT5 boring but I wish you could get credits for custom races.

@quixand - There are so less takers for GT5 now that I am sure you can find the academy edition for very less.

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't call single player in GT5 boring but I wish you could get credits for custom races.

@quixand - There are so less takers for GT5 now that I am sure you can find the academy edition for very less.

Mte can you fix us up with a link of the academy edition with the cheapest going rate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mte can you fix us up with a link of the academy edition with the cheapest going rate.

Try posting a WTB thread for the game or look in FS threads at IVG. Don't worry about the codes you get with the actual boxset. 1of them was for some event which I never used and the was for a car which was not very good.

I remember game4u selling it for as low as near Rs.1199/- during last Diwali and there were no takers for it even then.

Okay played for few mins. Completed the sunday race challenges. The game looks good and controls are smooth. Background score is not bad.I think photomode is not available in the demo.

Played upto the club events.

Really liked the way the cars tipped in corners and you could make that out in cockpit view as well which made it even more fun. Another thing I noticed in the cockpit view was the lighting, you can see the effect on the car's headliner and pillars as well. I will have to pop in gt5 to see if these features were there but I am sure even on soft suspensions the cars never tipped this much.
Generally I use the chase camera but I would prefer the cockpit view for this game.
The AI follow the racing line pretty seriously so when I dived on the inside it still tried to reach the inner kerb pushing me on the grass and they don't defend the outside line but I guess both can be attributed to the demo being set on easy.
The only thing they should get rid of is the ugly start button sticking out in the right top corner.
I hope they have garage import from gt5 and gt psp.
Also credits should be awarded for custom races.

@quan chi - I did go through the link upto the point that the discussion got silly. You are right about the price and I would have bought it if it was lower but as good as the game is I think you should really focus on the word 'Grind'. Price and Grind are the 2 words keeping me away from this game and grind is the bigger reason.

Gran Turismo games have a huge collection but most of them are similar clones and a lot of useless cars that you wouldn't race. Top Tier cars are quite expensive and rare cars even more. I bought GT 5:AE to play with 'Lancia Stratos' but the car is so ridiculously priced that it is out of reach unless I this is only game I play for months. In 5 the other problem is you don't get credits for custom races or arcade races but set events or multiplayer. This made 5 a bit more frustrating for me and the dead feeling that the game had didn't help either.

From the demo I already felt that the AI cars follow a certain line regardless of what is going on around them and this is pretty much the same as in 5 and I guess bumping up the difficulty will not make them more aggressive while passing you or defending from you but reduce the braking distance, better traction in corners and out of corners. In short bumping up the difficulty will take the AI cars closer to perfection.

The dead pan interface and AI doesn't bother me much when I am really in the mood for a serious racing game but mostly toss it aside for similar but more fun games like 'Trofeo Pirelli Ferrari Challenge', F1 CE, Grid, Shift 2 etc.,

I haven't played the full version but might get it in future based on the impression from demo. If you haven't played a GT game I would suggest you get it especially if you have a wheel.

@quan chi - I did go through the link upto the point that the discussion got silly. You are right about the price and I would have bought it if it was lower but as good as the game is I think you should really focus on the word 'Grind'. Price and Grind are the 2 words keeping me away from this game and grind is the bigger reason..............................................................................................
Well thanks for the input. From that link only the OP makes some sense rest as usual you can guess trolls spoiled it. Anyways I think the reasons you have given matches with many people who are really frustrated on this game for the ridiculously priced cars & grinding. I think forza wins hands down here. Even from the youtube videos I also feel the same.
I wanted to get GT 5 but when they announced about shutting its servers I had to drop the idea. Thats why I wanted to get GT6 but the price is not justified at the moment.

Last edited:
Back