Graphic Cards Graphic card buying advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragzdiablo

Skilled
After the huge success of the mobile phone advisor thread, I thought of starting this as more than 90% of members are gamers.:D

So here I'll just suggest you the best graphic card according to your requirement.

Other members are requested to correct me if they think I'm wrong in some suggestion.

PLEASE USE THIS TEMPLATE FOR ASKING YOUR QUERY

1. What is your budget?
  2. Current rig Specs

CPU

Motherboard

RAM

Monitor
  3. Which PSU/SMPS will you be using? Rating + Brand
  4. Primary use? (Casual gaming, Hardcore gaming, Just for display, Movies/HTPC)
  5. What resolution do you game on?
  6. Interested in Crossfire/SLI?
  7. Open to both Nvidia/ATI?

You may have a look here..

VGA Charts Spring 2011

Thanks asingh!

Best Graphics Cards in their budget

Entry Level - Budget 5k

a)HD5670

b)HD4850

Mid-Entry Level - Budget 8k

a)HD 5770

b)GTS 450

Mid Level - Budget 12k

a)HD 6850

b)GTX 460

Mid Level - Budget 15-16k

a)HD 6870

b)GTX 470

High End - Budget ~20k

a)GTX 570

b)HD 6950[18k](unlocked to a HD 6970)

ALL GLORY :eek:hyeah:

a)GTX 580

PSU is a very important component of the rig, please mark a specific budget to it also.

We will help you with the correct PSU selection also.

Even this can help..

http://www.techenclave.com/pc-buying-advice/the-power-supply-unit-recommendation-thread-155724.html :)

THESE ARE JUST BASIC SUGGESTIONS..

FOR MORE SPECIFIC QUERIES PLEASE LEAVE IN YOUR REPLY USING THE TEMPLATE PROVIDED.

Re: The Graphic Card Advisor

THOUGHT THESE WILL COME HANDY FOR THIS THREAD :D

ati4big.png

nvidia4big.png

that's a nice thread man..

i hope now people can see easily the best G.Card in their budget.

Ok here is the first query for you , i had already created a thread for it but who knows i might get a better suggestion .

Budget is 7-8k.

System specs are Core 2 duo e7500 , 2gb ddr 2( 800mhz ) kingston ram , will add another 2gb soon , 250gb sata + 320gb sata hdd , gigabyte g31m-es2l board , cooler master 500w extreme power plus , 1 optical drive .

I can wait for another 10-15 days , are there gonna be any more price cuts and also if new cards in my budget gonna be introduced soon .

rohan_mhtr said:
Ok here is the first query for you , i had already created a thread for it but who knows i might get a better suggestion .
Budget is 7-8k.
System specs are Core 2 duo e7500 , 2gb ddr 2( 800mhz ) kingston ram , will add another 2gb soon , 250gb sata + 320gb sata hdd , gigabyte g31m-es2l board , cooler master 500w extreme power plus , 1 optical drive .
I can wait for another 10-15 days , are there gonna be any more price cuts and also if new cards in my budget gonna be introduced soon .

It is always advisable to wait, but waiting for 15 days wont make a diff.

If u can wait longer it will be better as the HD5750 and HD5670 are coming in a month or two and will be at this price range only.

But, since you can only wait 15 days go for a

PALIT GTS250 ~ 7.4k

and your cm extreme 500w will be able to handle it.

But, your psu is not recommended..sure it can run the gts250 but after getting the card add up a few bucks and get a new PSU, like a seasonic 380w @ 3k. :)

Add something under 2.5k. Will be useful for people who have bad IGP but want to see HD videos. Like,
HD4350 - 1.9k
9400GT - 2.3-2.5k

Karthi007 said:
Add something under 2.5k. Will be useful for people who have bad IGP but want to see HD videos. Like,
HD4350 - 1.9k
9400GT - 2.3-2.5k

^^ done that..:)

[mod]You have been warned before, do not post copyrighted material without the relevant links, in this case even the images were irrelevant, a simple link would have done.[/mod]

nice work man..

u shld also specify the card according to monitor resolution...

rahul.. said:
nice work man..
u shld also specify the card according to monitor resolution...

yeah..i included the resolution in the question...
maybe he dint read it.

ragzdiablo said:
and your cm extreme 500w will be able to handle it.

But, your psu is not recommended..sure it can run the gts250 but after getting the card add up a few bucks and get a new PSU, like a seasonic 380w @ 3k. :)

Nope i just recently purchased the psu so no chance of buying anything else , and i am also not into overclocking so it should do just fine . Anyway i can wait max uptil 20-25th of this month . Any news regarding 5700 series and the price cuts ?

yeah..wait till 20th..

currently there is no news on when it will be out..

but it may be possible that news comes out till 20th and when a clear date of launch is announced it will help a lot.

and if no news comes out, GTS250 is the way to go eyes closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back