Graphic Cards Graphic card

im plannin to buy a new pc.....is da 8600gt graphic card gud???? shud i get a 8500 wit more ram or an 8500gt wit like 320mb ram.....wch wud b better???? also wch company wud b preferable?

8600 GT is good enough, but if you can buy a 2600XT at the same price then go for it. 8500 GT is a no go card....

Go for any co. which has the best after sales service in your area..

Sparkle 8600GT and Mod the shits outta it...or get in touch wit Katmandude he will be able to help u get a very good card at a very good rate.

Aniruddh said:
Get urself a 8600GT Leadtek,XFX,Zebronics any of dez brand,2600XT and 8500GT not at all suggested!
LOL a 2600XT outperforms the 8600GT in almost all games, and its likely to just get better with newer drivers. Sure it takes a hit with AA and AF turned on, but at that price range turning on AA and AF is just a waste of FPS....

^^^and who tells you that....check out the reviews again..though there arent many...but the primary shortfall of 2600xt and the likes are that, they might beat you to a particular resolution but as soon as you have AA and AF maxed out FPS drops out at a drastic rate and the games becomes unplayable. Then you cannot oc the 2600xt(maybe its the drivers or the temps, whatever). Then 2600xt is a costlier card and comes almost close to the range of 8600GTS where it gets it shit beaten out. So all in all, its certainly not a recommended card.

@!Aces
I read in anandtech and saw all de performance chart in which 8600GT was better in 90% gaming,encoding etc will giv u da link asap!

@thebanik eggjactly totally agree with u all the latest ATI cards have been vry disappoointing when compared to 8xxx Series!

thebanik said:
^^^and who tells you that....check out the reviews again..though there arent many...but the primary shortfall of 2600xt and the likes are that, they might beat you to a particular resolution but as soon as you have AA and AF maxed out FPS drops out at a drastic rate and the games becomes unplayable. Then you cannot oc the 2600xt(maybe its the drivers or the temps, whatever). Then 2600xt is a costlier card and comes almost close to the range of 8600GTS where it gets it shit beaten out. So all in all, its certainly not a recommended card.
Thats what I said, at that performance range turning on AA and AF does not make sense even on a 8600GT, besides a 2600XT is available for 100$ same as a 8600GT, in INdia I doubt u would get it that cheap, besides the UVD chip on the ATI cards are better.
In any case both the 2600XT and 8600GT are useless in the new lot of games, this mid series range frm NV and ATI has been one of the worst. ATI is slotted to release a 2900pro which might prove some respite, otherwise this series is worth letting go.

^^^
Well i dont think tht cards like 8600GT at this point of time is useless infact its one of de best VFM!and for guyz like me its de best!

and yeaa here is de link check it out urself its a performance chart ill give u more links! VGA Charts 2007 | Tom's Hardware

2600XT comes between 130-150$ just now checked!

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100208L Radeon HD 2600XT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail

A 100$ 2600XT

And whas with THG overall all game fps, as I said before 2xxx series take a huge hit with AA enabled, without AA enabled they are clearly faster. Chck out a better site then THG. Beyond3d has not got a indepth analysis yet but :

bit-tech.net | HIS Radeon HD 2600 XT IceQ Turbo GDDR3

Check out the scores without AA being enabled. which i think is a driver issue..

but with 8600gt you can enable aa and af and still play the games...i used to own a 8600gt and used to play games like Company of Heroes, NFS:Carbon, Oblivion at 1440x900 with AA and AF enabled. In any cases the prices are in US$, in India, ATI prices are way too higher. And then there is huge OC potential in a 8600GT while there is almost none in 2600xt. I dont see a reason why some1 shud buy a 2600xt. Its just that ATI had to bring out a competitive product they did but it has fallen flat and the prices of 8600gt has fallen further and made it more VFM. No point in arguing ACES, as of now 8600GT is simply the most VFM GC. If and when ATI brings better drivers and makes this card better, it wud certainly be added in the recommended list.

Aces170 said:
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100208L Radeon HD 2600XT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail

A 100$ 2600XT

And whas with THG overall all game fps, as I said before 2xxx series take a huge hit with AA enabled, without AA enabled they are clearly faster. Chck out a better site then THG. Beyond3d has not got a indepth analysis yet but :

bit-tech.net | HIS Radeon HD 2600 XT IceQ Turbo GDDR3

Check out the scores without AA being enabled. which i think is a driver issue..

Its cheap because its using GDDR3 memory and the cards used for testing are GDDR4, so again using this card will further drop performance. As said earlier it does not make any sense. and what with the link that you have given, 8600GT beats 2600XT in all the test except for one game out of 7. Check the conclusion as well.

^^ Huh at the same clock speeds using GDDR3 or 4 wont make a tangible diff, but then again its upto a point of view.. Infact GDDR3 might have tighter timings, again even that does not make a tangible diff in performance.

That said it all depends on whether you want to play sluggishly with AA enabled, or you want a better UVD. But the 2600XT is very much in the race at that price, is faster then 8600GT without AA. The only thing that matters is how both these games will perform in nxt gen games like bioshock, crysis etc...

To start with there is no 320mb version of the gt model.. its a 256.. the 320 is only for 8800gts. The 8600gt should be a good card for u considering the oc possibilities..

no need to buy a 8800gts bro bcoz the newer 98 series of Nvidia is about to be launched and these will be much better compared to 88 series.

Back