Graphic Cards Graphics card not being detected

Talked with Tirupati Enterprises today and they said HX620 has been discontinued and I need to buy TX650 ..:S .. should I go for TX650 or a VX550 will do?Please also tell should I keep this UPS or change it?

Maybe theres a problem with the way the card is installed in the cabinet. You said you took it to the shop, and it worked on their psu. It sounds like you didn't take your cabinet and psu with you.
I'd suggest you get someone to come and look at the system for you, or take the whole set-up to the shop and ask them to assemble it for you properly.
If it's still not working, the psu may be faulty, and you could send it for repairs. I'd say hold of buying a new psu until you know where the fault lies.
The vx450 has had excellent reviews, and should be able to power your system without a problem. Get someone who knows what they're doing to look at your set-up before blindly throwing money at the problem.

I not only took the whole system with me .. had it checked with every possible means whether it was a problem with my graphics card or motherboard .. I was unable to test using my VX450 in any other system as there were none available at that time .. I mailed corsair regarding my problem and they assured me that they would be checking the product in their lab and then tell me about the problem.

Took the PSU to corsair servicing centre in Kolkata ..told me the the replacement would be arriving in a day or two .. what do you guys say?should I stay with the VX450 or get some more power?:)I am seriously am not ready for an upgrade coz then I need to change the APC 650VA also .. :S ...man so many changes within 1 week of getting a new system ..:no: ...didn't even play a single game ..:ashamed:

i wud say stick with the Corsair VX450 for now and chek whether the replacement works with ur current setup.....

And as far as i no if the 5850 was overloading the Corsair VX450 then ur PSU wont start only,,,,,,,

Can u tell me one thing wen u powered ur system for the first time with the 5850 was the CPU fan and all other components running??

ananyabasu said:
Took the PSU to corsair servicing centre in Kolkata ..told me the the replacement would be arriving in a day or two .. what do you guys say?should I stay with the VX450 or get some more power?:)I am seriously am not ready for an upgrade coz then I need to change the APC 650VA also .. :S ...man so many changes within 1 week of getting a new system ..:no: ...didn't even play a single game ..:ashamed:

This may or may not be suggested by others but i still wanted to say

Corsair VX450 has one PCI.E 6 Pin connector, but it also has 6 molex connectors. Two of these can be easily converted to a PCI.E 6 Pin connector via molex---> PCI.E 6 Pin converter.

With HD5850 + VX450, you have enough headroom. ~100W.

In 100W you can attach a lot of peripherals, and be good to go.

Wat say huh ?

Ya it ran ok not only for the first time but for a couple of times .. I am planning to get the VX550 but will the UPS be overloaded at startup?since its a 650VA one ..:eek:ppo:

ananyabasu said:
Ya it ran ok not only for the first time but for a couple of times .. I am planning to get the VX550 but will the UPS be overloaded at startup?since its a 650VA one ..:eek:ppo:

If u r extremely tight on budget try my method "Corsair VX450 has one PCI.E 6 Pin connector, but it also has 6 molex connectors. Two of these can be easily converted to a PCI.E 6 Pin connector via molex---> PCI.E 6 Pin converter."

Else exchange ur VX 450 with some cash max 2k-3k for VX 550 if its new or on warranty period

I can spend money on VX550 but not on both UPS and PSU .. anybody using this combination .. VX550 AND 650VA .. please tell whether these two will be ok?probably getting them tomorrow ..

ananyabasu said:
I can spend money on VX550 but not on both UPS and PSU .. anybody using this combination .. VX550 AND 650VA .. please tell whether these two will be ok?probably getting them tomorrow ..

VX550 (~5.6k) will be sufficent even if you buy 5870/equivalent nVidia card + i5/i7/i9 rig. ( though u have a ATI 5850 )

If you just want to save your works and shut down/hibernate your machine, 650VA would do (2-5mins of back up depending on load). And for more back up you can get 800VA,1kVA etc. But they will cost you more.

If it is not getting detected, there are all the factors mentioned above. Don’t try all of them together, then you wouldn’t know what the problem was even if it starts working. Do it one by one. Trial & error. I know it is tedious, but there’s no other go. First check the power connectors. Is the PCI-E connected to the card. Is your PSU able to drive enough power?

Back