Graphics RIG for Studio

Questions

Q: What is your budget?

140K(1.4L)

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

Need NEW

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

NA

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

Plz Suggest

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

NO

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

HYDERABAD/(worst case Online)

Open to online purchase

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Graphics Editing and Processing,A graphic suite for a professional studio.

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

No gaming stuff gadgets, mouse pads and other hifi gaming stuff.

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

NO.Should be able to smoothly handle Maya,3ds MAX

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

Ultrasharp HD quality,HDMI and DVI inputs.

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

Yes(better factory overclocked)

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 64 bit

Processor- Intel i7 2600k-17k

Motherboard- ASUS P8P67 DELUXE B3-14.7k or Asus P8Z68 DELUXE-17.5k/GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD7-B3-18k

RAM -G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz CL9 2 x 4GB-3.4k/Corsair vengeance CML8GX3M2A1600C9B 2X4GB 1600-3.3k

PSU -CORSAIR HX650-6.5k/SeaSonic x650 gold-7.5k or SeaSonic X760-8.5k

GPU-MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr IIOC-14.5k/Zotac Geforce GTX 570-22k

Case-Corsair carbide 400r-5k/Nzxt phantom-7k

HDD- Seagate 7200.12 2Tb-7k

SSD-OCZ Vertex 3 Series 120GB SATA III-14.5k

ODD- LG Black 22x- Rs. 900

Monitor - Dell U2410 -27k/Dell u2311h-14.5k

Windows 7 ultimate 64bit-11k

Hope this helps.

thegatekeeper said:
Processor- Intel i7 2600k-17k
Motherboard- ASUS P8P67 DELUXE B3-14.7k or Asus P8Z68 DELUXE-17.5k/GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD7-B3-18k
RAM -G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz CL9 2 x 4GB-3.4k/Corsair vengeance CML8GX3M2A1600C9B 2X4GB 1600-3.3k
PSU -CORSAIR HX650-6.5k/SeaSonic x650 gold-7.5k or SeaSonic X760-8.5k
GPU-MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr IIOC-14.5k/Zotac Geforce GTX 570-22k
Case-Corsair carbide 400r-5k/Nzxt phantom-7k
HDD- Seagate 7200.12 2Tb-7k
SSD-OCZ Vertex 3 Series 120GB SATA III-14.5k
ODD- LG Black 22x- Rs. 900
Monitor - Dell U2410 -27k/Dell u2311h-14.5k
Windows 7 ultimate 64bit-11k
Hope this helps.

OP is not gaming, so pretty pointless telling him to get a GTX 560 Ti, also he cannot possibly over-clock on the stock HSF you have to be kiddding me, here is what I'll suggest --

Intel Core i7 2600k ~ 17500/- [although for a studio environment / productivity applications the non-k version supports more instruction libraries absent from this edition] + Noctua NH-U12P SE2 ~ 3900/-
ASUS P8P67 DELUXE ~ 15500/-
Corsair XMS3 4GB x 2 1600MHz / G.Skill RIPJAWS 1600MHz 4GB x 2 ~ 3300/- [productivity applications, more the RAM better the experience especially particles, get the standard RIPJAWS as the RIPJAWS X RAM heat-spreaders will obstruct the installation of the Noctua HSF]
Get a Quadro OR FirePro professional level graphic card ~ XXXXX?, here is a link for online purchase as I'm not sure any shop in CTC stocks them all -- Workstation Graphics Cards.
Corsair VX 550W OR Corsair TX V2 650W ~ 4500/- / 5400/- [Quadro and FirePro cards are leaner, meaner optimized for productivity not blazing fast frame rates]
Corsair Carbide 400R ~ 5400/-
Seagte Barracuda 7200.12 1TB ~ 7000/- [yes hard drive prices are more volatile than acid and they bubble to new heights each passing day]
LG / Samsungg / HP OEM DVD drive ~ 1000/-
Dell U2311H Ultrasharp ~ 14800/-, this is the best monitor you can get for a work environment in your budget, here is why -- LCD Panel Technology Explained - S-IPS, H-IPS, S-PVA, MVA and TN
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit legit copy ~ Windows 7 Professional, Buy Windows 7 Professional Online in India.

Hope this helps, Sire.

CPU : i7 2600K - 17000
CPU Cooler : H50 with push pull combination - 3800
MOBO : Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 - 14000
GPU : Radeon 6990 - 40 - 45000
PSU : Seasonic X850 - 10000
Case : Corsair 600T - 10000
Monitor : BenQ M2700HD LCD Monitor 27.0"W - 21000
SSD : 64 GB ssd is needed for Z68 series if you want your HDD's work like a SSD with the help of Intel SRT technology - 5 - 6000
HDD : 1TB - 6000
Keyboard : Razer Blackwidow – Expert Mechanical - 4500
Mouse : Razer DeathAdder Gaming Mouse With 3.5G 3500 - 2300

Total = 1,39,600 ONLY:cool2:

The rig which i and alpha has suggested covers it all,no need to get benq 27" tn panel which is nowhere near dell u2410 or u2311h h-ips and s-ips panels,which are best suited for studio work and op is not going to game so it's better that he get Quadro gpu than hd6990,noctua nh-u12p se2 is better than corsair h50.

Noctua NH-U12P SE2 CPU Cooler Review - Results and Final Thoughts - Legit Reviews

120gb ocz3 vertex ssd would be the correct choice.
vaibhav1 said:
CPU : i7 2600K - 17000

CPU Cooler : H50 with push pull combination - 3800

MOBO : Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 - 14000

GPU : Radeon 6990 - 40 - 45000

PSU : Seasonic X850 - 10000

Case : Corsair 600T - 10000

Monitor : BenQ M2700HD LCD Monitor 27.0"W - 21000

SSD : 64 GB ssd is needed for Z68 series if you want your HDD's work like a SSD with the help of Intel SRT technology - 5 - 6000

HDD : 1TB - 6000

Keyboard : Razer Blackwidow – Expert Mechanical - 4500

Mouse : Razer DeathAdder Gaming Mouse With 3.5G 3500 - 2300

Total = 1,39,600 ONLY:cool2:

TECH HUNTER said:
what keyboard and mouse are ideal for this?

^^ Get a TVS Gold Mechanical keyboard ~ 1200/- and a Microsoft Basic Optical mouse ~ 400/-. That will suffice for your needs.

thegatekeeper said:
The rig which i and alpha has suggested covers it all,no need to get benq 27" tn panel which is nowhere near dell u2410 or u2311h h-ips and s-ips panels,which are best suited for studio work and op is not going to game so it's better that he get Quadro gpu than hd6990,noctua nh-u12p se2 is better than corsair h50.

Noctua NH-U12P SE2 CPU Cooler Review - Results and Final Thoughts - Legit Reviews

120gb ocz3 vertex ssd would be the correct choice.

yes noctua nh-u12p se2 is better but i think it is because it is also expensive and and looks kinda Ugly H50 looks nice and it wont strain your motherboard with tons of weight on it. and i think instead of getting a quadro get 6990 it can do every thing price are same and 6990 is much more powerful than a quadro i GUESS, and if you are getting a 6990 then you should get a bigger monitor after all its a 4GB GPU.:cool2:

vaibhav1 said:
yes noctua nh-u12p se2 is better but i think it is because it is also expensive and and looks kinda Ugly H50 looks nice and it wont strain your motherboard with tons of weight on it. and i think instead of getting a quadro get 6990 it can do every thing price are same and 6990 is much more powerful than a quadro i GUESS, and if you are getting a 6990 then you should get a bigger monitor after all its a 4GB GPU.:cool2:

Okay the HSF which performs better and quieter is the Noctua NH-U12P as compared to the H50 which can get a trifle noisy @high speed in push-pull configuration, also I think the Noctua looks good [personal view] and don't worry it doesn't put a lot of strain on the board, these are built for such tasks, and as long as they are put together properly they work just as well [I've yet to see screenies with the socket ripped of by the weight of a HSF.

Sire you Guess, let me put it politely it is a misconception, as well both cards are for different purposes, the AMD FirePRO and nVidia Quadro cards are expressly made for productivity and thus, fare poorly in gaming while the same holds true for the opposite when the tables are reversed, here it is -- AnandTech - HP Z210 SFF Workstation: Serious Power in Cramped Quarters.

OP is not gaming so again pointless suggesting him that monster of a card. Hope this clarifies my stand, cheers!! & peace.

Yes i agree, but why not get the card which can perform both gaming and editing task very well, OP needs a pc for video editing that doesn't mean's that he won't do gaming ever in his life.

^^ He has explicitly mentioned no gaming. So let us not deviate from the topic.

For that purpose OP can be served better with an iMac, but an assembled system is less of a pain to maintain.

I think OP should think about it, i mean he is spending 1.4L on a system which is only for editing propose, I am assuming that after few months OP play some heavy graphics game on it and guess how he is gonna feel when he will notice that his 1.4L pc can't play this game smoothly.:no:

As he wont be gaming, the nvidia quadro's have proved themselves in a long way. When it comes to productivity they're nothing but speed... they're totally optimized for holding such tasks really well.

cards like 6990 might fair well, But again, if he decides Nvidia. Nvidia's CUDA cores will come into play when he is going to be working with graphic intensive applications. Given a choice between AMD 6990 and the Nvidia 590, as far as productivity goes the 590 will show better results faster render times, But, on the longer run... sometimes even 5 seconds delay per frame can be dreadful if rendering multiple frames at the same time.

As this Rig wont be meant for gaming.. he should definitely go for a good quadro card at the same price instead of the standard Nvidia or AMD cards which are actually made for gaming.

Firepro on the contrary is harder to get in India, But given a choice the Firefro has the best value for money.. but they cant compete with the best quadros

there's no chance he'll get the best at 45k, he'd rather go for a firepro instead of the Quadro depending on the benchmarks held between any two given cards of the same price range.

If the firepro works out better, try getting it shipped from someone from the US. it'll be worth it, if its that much better.

:)

^^ Look Sire, I joined this forum by a stroke of chance in 2010 -- http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/assembling-my-first-rig-need-help-157242.html, needed to build a RIG for ~80000/- explicit purpose of animation, but outfitted it with Razer peripherals and AMD HD 5770 [instead of investing on a GTX 2** series card], I now in my wisdom of hind-sight can say I should have redeployed my money from the Razer peripherals to a beefier SMPS OR better graphics sub-system, larger monitor [22' instead of 20']. But at that time I fancied the mouse and + keyboard as the center-piece of my system.

So I'll say let OP do that decision for himself, let them prioritize what they need and if he is willing to invest, then the Quadro 4800 ~ 44500/- is a worthy card for HD-gaming with medium eye-candy and production on the side.

Hope this makes my stand clear, cheers!! & peace.

ALPHA17 said:
^^ Look Sire, I joined this forum by a stroke of chance in 2010 -- http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/assembling-my-first-rig-need-help-157242.html, needed to build a RIG for ~80000/- explicit purpose of animation, but outfitted it with Razer peripherals and AMD HD 5770 [instead of investing on a GTX 2** series card], I now in my wisdom of hind-sight can say I should have redeployed my money from the Razer peripherals to a beefier SMPS OR better graphics sub-system, larger monitor [22' instead of 20']. But at that time I fancied the mouse and + keyboard as the center-piece of my system.

So I'll say let OP do that decision for himself, let them prioritize what they need and if he is willing to invest, then the Quadro 4800 ~ 44500/- is a worthy card for HD-gaming with medium eye-candy and production on the side.

Hope this makes my stand clear, cheers!! & peace.

I guess you are rite let him decide what he wants. I was just giving my opinion...PEACE:)

@freeze yes work station cards aren't the fastest card on this planet.

Just a little note...
I see that you want to run maya and other autodesk products. I will say one thing.. get a Nvidia card if you plan on using hardware acceleration. I would seriously recommend the Quadro 4000 for autodesk stuff. If you were using Adobe then any desktop nvidia card with over 192 cuda cores and GDDR5 will be more than enough.There is a very simple hack for Adobe software to get Cuda based Hardware Acceleration enabled.That is not the case with Autodesk software.
Amd/Ati fire pro etc dont have support for hardware acceleration under autodesk software. I really dont get how a 6990 will be good for you !
Also do keep in mind that a lot is still done using the cpu so the more cores you throw at it the better if you want to save time.
Cheers and kind regards !

vaibhav1 said:
Yes i agree, but why not get the card which can perform both gaming and editing task very well, OP needs a pc for video editing that doesn't mean's that he won't do gaming ever in his life.

No gaming ever.

Its only for pure graphics designing.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ATI is better or NVIDIA is better?

I am unable to decide.

I will be using photoshop, 3ds max and animations only,No video editing.

TECH HUNTER said:
No gaming ever.

Its only for pure graphics designing.

ATI is better or NVIDIA is better?

I am unable to decide.

I will be using photoshop, 3ds max and animations only,No video editing.

Get a nVidia Quadro 2*** series OR 4*** series card depending on your budget Sire, AMD is out of the race in productivity applications.

Back