Great news for Atrix owners... Unlocked...

I want to unlock it but not sure what version I will end up with after doing that..means..I am on a rooted Atrix with Gingerblur 4.5..so after following the process listed in the above thread..will I still be on Gingerblur or Gingerbread...

Hmm...people are reporting some issues after unlocking...will wait for some more days...

@madnav

Just one query...if you can answer...why is it the mobile operator logo does not appear on the notification bar on an unlocked(sim unlock not bootloader) phone like "ATT" appears on the stock phones.. eg.. I am on BSNL..when I reboot "Cellone" appears for a brief moment on the notification bar but then it disappears...

surya_neo said:
Hmm...people are reporting some issues after unlocking...will wait for some more days...

@madnav

Just one query...if you can answer...why is it the mobile operator logo does not appear on the notification bar on an unlocked(sim unlock not bootloader) phone like "ATT" appears on the stock phones.. eg.. I am on BSNL..when I reboot "Cellone" appears for a brief moment on the notification bar but then it disappears...
you on custom rom?

the logo/name does appear on sim unlocked at phone if on stock rom..

it did in my case until i shifted to gingerblur.

also i actually didnt notice it with new OTA updates..

i am sure it was there with the initial release..

will look into the issue being faced by people regarding unlock as im all set to do the needful... this feels like losing virginity all over again :lol: :) ;)

even on my atrix,

its running on stock firmware but with root.

I also dont see operator name.I tried with Cellone(bsnl),tata docomo.

Not even sim card menu.

not that we need it but still.

pratikb said:
madnav,

how you find it?

Has it got any faster?

can you post steps for us??
Single sbf version will b available tomorrow for much easier method.

-This Cryptic Message is brought to you from beyond The MAtrix :p:)

@madnav

any issues with Home button,fingerprint scanner,apn settings disappearing..?

If there are no issues...I want to try out after going home..

surya_neo said:
@madnav

any issues with Home button,fingerprint scanner,apn settings disappearing..?

If there are no issues...I want to try out after going home..
none so far.

unlocked while was on gingerblur.

gingerblur started reboot loop..

so flashed to the 2.3.4

you will require linux if you want to flash to 2.3.3 / 2.3.4

for simpler RSD Lite based sbf package you will have to wait until tomorrow..

Edit:

The FFC on the original devices seems to have a 90 degree clockwise orientation compared to atrix... thus fcc on atrix looks 90 degree anticlockwise oriented with this rom.

so far solid rom, will post if any error.

very much stable for daily use.

MotoBlur account will not be setup as moto does not recognize the firmware to be proper. just hit menu and skip motoblur login/registration.

also added the nexus S crt animation to it.. roms will splurge now for this baby... :)

@madnav: Would you say that the leaked 2.3.4 can work as a daily driver? I don't care about Fingerprint scanner for now!

Pat said:
@madnav: Would you say that the leaked 2.3.4 can work as a daily driver? I don't care about Fingerprint scanner for now!
Yes it very much can!!!

-This Cryptic Message is brought to you from beyond The MAtrix :p:)

Back