Great news for Atrix owners... Unlocked...

for the time being...

Single Threaded

1309067245488.jpg

Multi Threaded

1309067307518.jpg

hi madnav
please tell me about the camera
has it improved with GB??
I would dive into GB if it has a improved camera, I have a slow internet connection so can't dive into unofficial GB and then having to revert

please reply

Not sure about the camera, but the battery life on 2.3.4 sucked for me! Infact it was nearly 50% of what it was on 2.2.2! So I am back on 2.2.2(OLYFR_1.8.3)! However I have to say, Gingerbread was way smoother than Froyo on this phone!

i can not really comment much about the camera as I hardly used it on froyo. I do not use it much.

the SQ seems a lil bit crappier to me from speakerphone on gb.

btw good news for froyo users that OC and UV kernels are out...

new devs are emerging for atrix at xda everyday now.. hope it gets in full swing with cm and miui

@PAT

yup the battery life seems half of that I got with froyo. But this is too smooth and awesome to give up for now :lol:

im happy as long as I dont have to charge twice a day...moreover it is only a matter of days until official update is out..

I think pc kernel is not needed for this beast
its more about optimization of the software from motorola

its smooth but still browser is not lagless as in sgs2
built quality and size is perfect
sound from earphone is great(slightly better than Sgs)
Camera has poor contrast and high NR
I like this phones usability more than sgs
but slightly miss the smiled(even a lcd wuz have been get but this pentile is really poor)
anyways will stick with this till GB comes out
really like the hardware

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

its OC kernel not pc
its Amoled not smiled

ayaskant12 said:
I think pc kernel is not needed for this beast

its more about optimization of the software from motorola

its smooth but still browser is not lagless as in sgs2

built quality and size is perfect

sound from earphone is great(slightly better than Sgs)

Camera has poor contrast and high NR

I like this phones usability more than sgs

but slightly miss the smiled(even a lcd wuz have been get but this pentile is really poor)

anyways will stick with this till GB comes out

really like the hardware

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

its OC kernel not pc

its Amoled not smiled
the screen on samoled is also a pentile screen.

samoled+ on the other hand has higher amount of subpixels.

samsung is sole manufacturer of amoled screens and s-lcd is i think a venture of sony.

I do not see motorola using either of them in their future. :(

I would be like 'in-your-face' to all sgs2 owners if it had samoled :p

sgs2 feels a little larger to handle but it is only a matter of time.. felt the same while going to captivate from blade so that isn't really a problem.

However, I can not stand their buggy s/w and horrible gps unless there is a solution.

all samsung androids I have used/handled so far seem to have some or other bug that you have to face everyday.

galaxy spica - random reboots, horrible gps (other I cant quiet recollect it being a while now), poor s/w support.

galaxy 3 - horrible gps, contacts bugged..displays names under improper alphabets, poor s/w support.

galaxy pop - random reboots. Didnt use it much to know more.

galaxy S - horrible gps.

galaxy S2 - Music players wont recognize the music from storage after copying. Friend who bought sgs2 is frustrated and thinks android is the culprit.

spica got most bugs solved at samdroid forums.

sgs has an enormous amount of devs and one can happily live with it despite of small problems.

sgs is still to get official gb.

yeah sgs had pentile but was definitely better than attic in showing gradients in pics. atrix wallpapers sometimes look like a fuzzy and 256bit color screen
that's a gripe I can live with since the White color is White essential for browsing sites which I do a lot

ayaskant12 said:
yeah sgs had pentile but was definitely better than attic in showing gradients in pics. atrix wallpapers sometimes look like a fuzzy and 256bit color screen

that's a gripe I can live with since the White color is White essential for browsing sites which I do a lot
you mean 256k(18bit) instead of 256bit... 256bit would be more than we can even notice (or count) :p

yeah im also a bit pissed off at the banding in gradients..

sgs was a lil bit over saturated but it looked nice to me nonetheless.

Moreover, if you have noticed...then the gradient banding is visible in the screenshots too (while seeing on the pc)

I wonder if it is not the screen and if it can be tweaked..

lol at attic, you will have to add atrix manually to your keyboard dictionary :lol:

Although this dev is working independently, it is gathered from the thread and irc chat cynoTeam has received an atrix in donation for development. we can expect roms when the official GB is released for ATT

And the first custom ROM based on 2.3.4 is out!!

Kennethpenn FTW :D :D

Lot's of awesome things happened today for Atrix Owners:

1.8.3 Source Code released by Motorola!

Official AT&T GB update leaked (all version 4.5.40 and 4.5.91)

First Custom ROM based on 2.3.4 by Kennethpenn!

First custom Kernel running on 2.3.4 ROMs!

Last but not the least, Overclock working on Atrix!

Willing to bet we will have a usable CM7 by this weekend! Wooohooo :D Time for fun :D

their is even leaked build getting delivered to guys who are on 1.8.3 in US.

I dont know whether we unlocked users will get it through phone itself over wifi.

on xda,people claiming to get update notifications and some 150 mb file to be downloaded.

Pat said:
And the first custom ROM based on 2.3.4 is out!!

Kennethpenn FTW :D :D

Lot's of awesome things happened today for Atrix Owners:

1.8.3 Source Code released by Motorola!

Official AT&T GB update leaked (all version 4.5.40 and 4.5.91)

First Custom ROM based on 2.3.4 by Kennethpenn!

First custom Kernel running on 2.3.4 ROMs!

Last but not the least, Overclock working on Atrix!

Willing to bet we will have a usable CM7 by this weekend! Wooohooo :D Time for fun :D
was just gonna post :p

weekend maybe too much expectation for official CM though..

and if i remember MIUI using CM kernels then we shall see that too very soon :happy:

There exists a thread at miui forums about atrix, show your interest and they may pick it up sooner than later.. :)

^^Assuming that a dev already got the port working (with a few quirks like Wifi issues etc.), I am sure with a combination of 2.3.4 custom kernel (+1.8.3 kernel source) he will be able to figure out to get most things working! I wouldn't be surprised if we get a very early alpha (at least) of CM7 this weekend!

Pat said:
^^Assuming that a dev already got the port working (with a few quirks like Wifi issues etc.), I am sure with a combination of 2.3.4 custom kernel (+1.8.3 kernel source) he will be able to figure out to get most things working! I wouldn't be surprised if we get a very early alpha (at least) of CM7 this weekend!
in that thread he said he wont build the kernel for now and plans to do that by the time att releases GB update officially. the CM would still be based on older source i suppose in his case..

Back