PC Peripherals gskill sniper and noctua u12p se2 compatibility

stormblast

Skilled
Is anyone here using the following combo on amd x6 setup.

i wanted to know if the ram installs properly on all slots when using the u12p.

i want to change the current xms3 to gskill sniper but i do not want to remove and reinstall the heatsink. so wanted to know if its possible.

heatsink is installed in bottom to top orientation.

any help will be appreaciated. thanks

can you tell your motherboard model.. i have the u12p and the ripjaws x.. could not fit both of the modules without removing the u12p. however my mobo is a microatx.. anything board bigger than mine such as an atx only the first two slots maybe obstructed, the last two wont have a problem

mrcool63 said:
can you tell your motherboard model.. i have the u12p and the ripjaws x.. could not fit both of the modules without removing the u12p. however my one is a microatx.. anything board bigger than mine such as an atx only the first two slots maybe obstructed, the last two wont have a problem

using gigabyte ud3p 890gx. need to use all 4 slots so ripjaws is out of the question.

stormblast said:
using gigabyte ud3p 890gx. need to use all 4 slots so ripjaws is out of the question.

the u12p is not obstructed by the ripjaws. there is still about 2-3mm space left in between them(bottom of u12p to top of ripjaws). its just that you have to remove the u12p irrespective of which ram you choose, to install the ram in the first two slots..

BTW you mobo is atx form factor right?

mrcool63 said:
the u12p is not obstructed by the ripjaws. there is still about 2-3mm space left in between them(bottom of u12p to top of ripjaws). its just that you have to remove the u12p irrespective of which ram you choose to install the ram in the first two slots..

BTW you mobo is atx form factor right?

yes its atx form factor.

you dont need to remove the u12p if you install the corsair xms3. i am currently using them and have installed them several times on all 4 slots with the heatsink already installed

you can install all of them without any problem , just will installing or removing time bend the ram little bit and try to fit in the slot ;)

Works for me :D

princeoo7 said:
you can install all of them without any problem , just will installing or removing time bend the ram little bit and try to fit in the slot ;)

ok thanks, i will order it on friday and check. thanks

princeoo7 said:

in all honesty dont bend the rams.. the heatspreaders are not exceptionally strong even for the snipers.. just remove the u12p, install the ram and reinstall the u12p.. safest man.. if any heatspreaders break during installation they will not be covered under warranty..

mrcool63 said:
in all honesty dont bend the rams.. the heatspreaders are not exceptionally strong even for the snipers.. just remove the u12p, install the ram and reinstall the u12p.. safest man.. if any heatspreaders break during installation they will not be covered under warranty..

as ive already mentioned. removing the heatsink is not an option.

you dont bend the ram, you just put them in at an angle. will try it tomorrow and post once i get it.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

gskill sniper did not fit.

time to look for a different ram. probably xms3

Back