GTA V - Discussion Thread

Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 - Discussion Thread

pretttt said:
But, yea Vice City was by far my favorite. Just the sound track was so amazin. Anyone remember Vice City Public Radio? :p

Hell yeah man, who can ever forget Maurice Chavez and his 'Pressing Issues'! They were hilarious!! Also, Emotion 98.3 was a great channel, lots of good tracks there as well :cool2:

Black_Hawk said:
Yah, Vice City was amazing IMO also. The 1980's ambience, music, beaches, everything was ubercool! However, the most number of times I have re-played a GTA game, was GTA III. That game I was totally hooked onto for months. :)

Vice city was the best and my very first open-world game i played. I still remember taking that PCG-600(Right?) and parked in a corner of a petrol pump. putting it on fire and jump over that petrol pump or whtever that was where armour was also present. Nice Stuff.!

pretttt said:
I found the flying school to be very annoying in San Andreas. Worst thing was that it wasnt even optional. Even Driving school was annoying but at least I could ignore it. Also, I hated over the top Gangsta style. But, I loved the gang war part and capturing territories while in Los Santos.

But, yea Vice City was by far my favorite. Just the sound track was so amazin. Anyone remember Vice City Public Radio? :p

Radio was simply awesome and Black Hawk said Emotion 98.3 was a great channel. Loved the songs and all. :D And, seriously those Flying school ettc were really annoying.

I've played VC so much that i remember each and every road,like where it starts and where it leave. Best Loved Mission: Killing Diaz and that bike stunt(Candy Suxx) Missions.(those were the first b****ies that i saw in a game :p).

The music of VC was the best of all GTAs so far. Talk radio even on GTA 3 was really funny - Lazlow + Maurice Chavez + Killer bees = Ultimate WIN :)

I remember that Remote control helicopter mission in which we have to blow up a building by placing bombs....no friend of mine was able to do that....i used to do that mission all the time...:lol:

I love GTA:VC so much I still have it installed on my PC and laptop. Also have the music of GTA:VC on my PC, laptop and phone.

Yes maurice chavez and his pressing issues!! :D That was the best.. San Andreas was pretty Annonying at times. I played Gay Tony it was a bit like VC but then VC is the best :D

Altair said:
I remember that Remote control helicopter mission in which we have to blow up a building by placing bombs....no friend of mine was able to do that....i used to do that mission all the time...:lol:

Yah man, I remember that mission extremely well. It was called 'Demolition Man' and completing it gave me nightmares. I remember having tried and tried till I ultimately succeeded in passing the mission. Flying that RC chopper inside the building was specifically tough for me!

Don't know why you people loved Vice City so much? :S It was my least favorite GTA.

Here is how I would rank each GTA game :

GTA 3 > GTA : SA > GTA 4 > GTA : EFLC > GTA : VC

GTA 3 holds a very special place in my heart because it was like nothing we had seen at that time. The gameplay and the scope of the game was just incredibly epic for that time. It also featured a much more realistic setting than Vice city. Sure, there were no bikes, helicopters and your character never talked but at that time it really didn't matter. Claude is still one of my favorite GTA characters of all time.

Bluffmaster said:
Don't know why you people loved Vice City so much? :S It was my least favorite GTA.

For the 1980's ambiance, music, beaches, neon laden streets... just felt fantastic playing through it. Also, it had references to many of my favorite movies which I loved. To each his own I guess. :)

Black_Hawk said:
Yah man, I remember that mission extremely well. It was called 'Demolition Man' and completing it gave me nightmares. I remember having tried and tried till I ultimately succeeded in passing the mission. Flying that RC chopper inside the building was specifically tough for me!

One of the toughest missions in Vice City. Demolition Man. I used to complete for my friends as well :D

Even in San Andreas flying school i did it for my pals :p Being the most irritating mission in that game.

Gta IV umm i just found the Bank Job mission to be testing enough others were pretty easy.

Ballad Of Gay Tony , Killing Timur and others were piece of cake infact i enjoyed the dancing mission :D

GTA VC then GTA SA then GTA 4 then GTA EFLC and then GTA 3 because the character never talked. Annoyed me.

And yes @ Bluffmaster heard indian song on the Radio? In GTA 3 ?

^^ In TBoGT I had a real tough time completing the mission 'Sexy Time'. Flying that chopper and destroying those speed-boats was pretty hard! I don't know, but I almost always suck at flying missions in GTA games. :p

^Demolition Man was damn easy, I completed it on my first playthrough. "Triads and Tribulations" in GTA 3 on the other hand was a b**ch of a mission, I remember attempting it numerous times.

About the Radio, do you guys seriously listen to it? I have always preferred to listen to to my favorite playlist on independence FM instead. Also, did anyone notice that all the taxi drivers in GTA 3 were Sardars/Sikhs (No offense). :p

@Black_Hawk : You are right, to each his own. I never liked the 80's, be it in games or the movies.

Bluffmaster said:
About the Radio, do you guys seriously listen to it? I have always preferred to listen to to my favorite playlist on independence FM instead.

Yah man... I love some of the radio stations in GTA thus far, be it in GTA III or GTA Vice City. For some reason in GTA IV I didn't like most of the stations, except for the talk stations which were fun, specially 'Integrity 2.0' hosted by Lazlow.

Bluffmaster said:

Here is how I would rank each GTA game :

GTA 3 > GTA : SA > GTA 4 > GTA : EFLC > GTA : VC

GTA 3 holds a very special place in my heart because it was like nothing we had seen at that time. The gameplay and the scope of the game was just incredibly epic for that time. It also featured a much more realistic setting than Vice city. Sure, there were no bikes, helicopters and your character never talked but at that time it really didn't matter. Claude is still one of my favorite GTA characters of all time.

I agree. Except the soundtrack nothing was too good.

For me its,

SA > Chinatown Wars > IV > EFLC > Vice City stories > Liberty City Stories > III > VC

Bluffmaster said:
^Demolition Man was damn easy, I completed it on my first playthrough. "Triads and Tribulations" in GTA 3 on the other hand was a b**ch of a mission, I remember attempting it numerous times.

About the Radio, do you guys seriously listen to it? I have always preferred to listen to to my favorite playlist on independence FM instead. Also, did anyone notice that all the taxi drivers in GTA 3 were Sardars/Sikhs (No offense). :p

Yeah i saw that in GTA 3. Actually there are many Sikh Taxi Drivers in the US. So thats why they have potrayed them.

Black_Hawk said:
Hell yeah man, who can ever forget Maurice Chavez and his 'Pressing Issues'! They were hilarious!! Also, Emotion 98.3 was a great channel, lots of good tracks there as well :cool2:

'Pressing Issues' was just awesome! Then there was Michelle Montanius and Jonathan Freeloader with their 'Bi-Daily Beggathon'. There were some instances where there was a particularly funny conversation going on and I would just drop out of the mission and just listen that and LOL.
Altair said:
yea, those ****ing RC missions. R* always has to push at least one in every game. I also struggled with Demolition Man for a long time on my first play-through. Then my friend found that if we used the slow-time cheat code, it became a piece of cake. But, after that I've replayed the game many times and now it is not so tough. The other mission which I had lot of trouble with was 'Dildo Dodo' which you get for buying the movie studio on Starfish Island. I must've tried that at least 100 times back to back.

BTW, I really hope R* bring back buying properties in the next GTA. IN GTA 4, I shit-ton of cash with me, but absolutely nothing to do with it. In VC, I spent days after finishing the main story trying to buy all the properties and hideouts.

BTW, anyone collected all the 100 hidden packages? I managed to do that only in VC.

b_naresh said:
Also have the music of GTA:VC on my PC, laptop and phone.

Yup, exactly, even I have some of the songs with me on my phone all the time. Really awesome collection of songs.

pretttt said:
The other mission which I had lot of trouble with was 'Dildo Dodo' which you get for buying the movie studio on Starfish Island. I must've tried that at least 100 times back to back.

BTW, I really hope R* bring back buying properties in the next GTA. IN GTA 4, I shit-ton of cash with me, but absolutely nothing to do with it. In VC, I spent days after finishing the main story trying to buy all the properties and hideouts.

BTW, anyone collected all the 100 hidden packages? I managed to do that only in VC.

Oh man, that 'Dildo Dodo' mission was also tough! The Skimmer was totally a crap plane to fly, the controls sucked on keyboard. I remember having managed to get all the 100 Hidden Packages in GTA III and Vice City. Used a guide for the exact locations though. :)

Btw, anyone got all 200 'Flying Rats' in GTA IV?

Gta vice city is the best.GTA 3 is also good but i liked it mainly for the awesome tracks it had.If my memory serves me correct then it also had some famous tracks from scarface.vice city on the other hand had awesome radio stations.yep "pressing issues" was damn hilarious.The environment the atmosphere was engrossing too.
The story was more mature and interesting.

Yes your rite, GTA III had many songs from Scarface. Vice City had many references to the movie Scarface also and many in-game scenes in Vice City brought back memories from the movie as well.

Black_Hawk said:
Yes your rite, GTA III had many songs from Scarface. Vice City had many references to the movie Scarface also and many in-game scenes in Vice City brought back memories from the movie as well.

Err , Vice City was loosely based on Scarface itself :p And also the Vercetti Mansion is Tony's Mansion and the last mission is like Tony's last scene .. and Vice City being Miami!

Anyone finished Lost and the Damned? I really dont like it i just played 1 or 2 missions then i was like "this sux" found Luis (TboGT) much better :D

Back