GTA V - Discussion Thread

Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 - Discussion Thread

GTA3 - GTA VC - GTA SA - GTA4+Episodes

but i spent most time in GTA SA, that was best game, the way it brought all the characters from GTA3, & VC, it was just pure awesome.

when i saw Claude for the first time, i got goosebumps :p & when Rosenberg was intro'd, it was double goosebump :D, it was amazing when he mentions the great Tommy & CJ says, 'wtf is he'.

those characters felt good, they are legendary, but GTA4 series has no strong character except Niko & Roman, well Niko mostly.

^^true that man. SA was really good and the goosebumps were really yikes.!! :p

I must have finished the demolition man stage for abt five of my friends :p.

@Bluffy I suppose the stage might have been easy with a controller. Did you play it with controller or keyboard?

rajveersingh09 said:
Anyone finished Lost and the Damned? I really dont like it i just played 1 or 2 missions then i was like "this sux" found Luis (TboGT) much better :D

I finished playing LaD and TBoGT last week. The later missions in LaD get better man :)

Among TBoGT, and LAD, the Luis is awesome. The missions in LAD became boring after first few missions, as they all looks same. but still worth playing.

rajkumar_pb said:
Among TBoGT, and LAD, the Luis is awesome. The missions in LAD became boring after first few missions, as they all looks same. but still worth playing.

Yes thats the same i thought!

Tbogt is the closest thing that came to match gta san andreas.it was definitely better than gta4.

Story was very nicely written and pretty fast paced even by gta standards

I found Lost & Damned to be better than Gay tony but that maybe because I had just finished watching a season of "Sons of Anarchy". :D

The reason I didn't like Gay tony was because Luis was a very weak and flawed character with absolutely no moral compass. According to his character he was supposed to be a rational and sensitive guy who has a soft heart but yet in one of the missions he had no problem to blow a train full of innocent civillians just to kill a target. This act alone makes him the worst GTA main character ever, although I absolutely loved Yusuf, he was freakin hilarious! :D

Bluffmaster said:
I found Lost & Damned to be better than Gay tony but that maybe because I had just finished watching a season of "Sons of Anarchy". :D

Me too, I loved Lost and Damned more than TBoGT.

I enjoyed The Ballad of Gay Tony over The Lost and Damned. The missions in TBoGT were hilarious and fun. TLaD's missions were pretty dull and overtly serious. Yusuf Amir has to be the best character in all of the 3 games combined. :p

^I agree on Yusuf being a very memorable character. He is infact one of the best characters in the GTA universe for me. The last mission where he comes out of nowhere in his gold helicopter to save luis was one of the most epic scenes I had encountered in any GTA game that I had played.

Ethan_Hunt said:
I enjoyed The Ballad of Gay Tony over The Lost and Damned. The missions in TBoGT were hilarious and fun. TLaD's missions were pretty dull and overtly serious. Yusuf Amir has to be the best character in all of the 3 games combined. :p

HAHA "YES MY NIGGA" !! :D I loved his character! I find LAD so boring man. I dint feel like playing after taking that ass president out of jail and getting his bike. Missions in Gay Tony are like imba fun.

Bluffmaster said:
^I agree on Yusuf being a very memorable character. He is infact one of the best characters in the GTA universe for me. The last mission where he comes out of nowhere in his gold helicopter to save luis was one of the most epic scenes I had encountered in any GTA game that I had played.

That was pretty awesome. I loved the GOLD Ingram he gifted me :) and ofcourse the car HOTROD

That's the thing I love about Rockstar. They are bold and never afraid to try something new. Every character they design, has an amazing voice actor to back it up, which really breathes life into the game. Take Gracie Ancelotti in GTA IV, for example. The first time she meets Niko and the conversation that happens between them, just feels so natural, and real. I really hope they retain some of these memorable character in their next GTA venture. :)

I really hope they incorporate the motion scan technology of L.A Noire in the next GTA. That would make the experience truly memorable. GTA games have arguably the best voice acting talent in the gaming industry, just imagine what motionscan would do to a game like GTA. Its going to be tough to incorporate it given the huge scope of the game, but we can only wish and hope that it happens.

Here is something to fuel the rumor mills :

http://attackofthefanboy.com/featured/gta-v-could-use-team-bondis-motionscan-tech/

How come you forget Roman (and his loved "american titties" :p) And the most I like about GTA IV was the first dialogue right after the theme music

DADDY S BACK , YOU b**chES

I just love GTA series,

I played Vice city on my onboard GPU, loved it, found out that GTA IV is coming, bought a PSU and a Graphics card just for it. As soon as I bought it, I changed my job location to Bangalore.

So after office, it was just Me with Niko Bellic et al in an empty 2 BHK house till late night.

I just love GTA series,

Bluffmaster said:
I really hope they incorporate the motion scan technology of L.A Noire in the next GTA. That would make the experience truly memorable. GTA games have arguably the best voice acting talent in the gaming industry, just imagine what motionscan would do to a game like GTA. Its going to be tough to incorporate it given the huge scope of the game, but we can only wish and hope that it happens.

Here is something to fuel the rumor mills :

http://attackofthefanboy.com/featured/gta-v-could-use-team-bondis-motionscan-tech/

Motion scan is great, if you have gameplay which have up close character conversations. L.A Noire used it perfectly, because there were face-to-face interrogations with the suspects and we had to judge by their facial reactions to detect if they were lying or telling the truth. In GTA, you don't have such a scope, unless you're in a close cornered area and the camera pans on your face. Apart from that, the cut-scenes lip-sync is just spot on.

adi_vastava said:
How come you forget Roman (and his loved "american titties" ) And the most I like about GTA IV was the first dialogue right after the theme music

DADDY S BACK , YOU b**chES

This wasn't Roman's quote. It was actually Dave, one of Niko's crew mate. But yes, Roman was a superb supporting character too. ;)

I liked Brucie Kibbutz also, but the original version in GTA4 not the wimp in TBoGT. Also like Vlad coz he used to call Niko as 'Yokel'.

As for voice acting, how can one forget Little Jacob. That guy probably had the most amazing voice actor. I used to love listening his dialogs.

Back