GTA V - Discussion Thread

Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 - Discussion Thread

Any news on the engine this time? Looks like its the GTA 4 engine with a few tweaks.

^Yea, looks like one of those GTA 4 screenshots with the ENB Mod. Still, whatever little bit of the city they showed looks awesome! Also, main character is a middle aged guy with receding hairline!!

adi_vastava said:
So no vice city, nor S.A?

LA, this time.

LA = Los Santos in GTA SA

So maybe its just Los Santos expanded, or we could get the entire state like before.

pretttt said:
^Yea, looks like one of those GTA 4 screenshots with the ENB Mod. Still, whatever little bit of the city they showed looks awesome! Also, main character is a middle aged guy with receding hairline!!
My Brother just called me and told me the exact same thing. He said the graphics look similar to the ENB series mods that are available for GTA IV. Need to get home and watch the trailer.

Also, does anyone else think the main character looks like a middle aged version of Tommy Vercetti? Look at his side profile at the 40 sec mark.

pretttt said:
Also, does anyone else think the main character looks like a middle aged version of Tommy Vercetti? Look at his side profile at the 40 sec mark.
Exactly you got that right.Moreover have you observed the map closely and the dialogues.Yep! it seems the story of vercetti continued in SA.

That sounds like Ray liotta alright, the voice of tommy. If this indeed is Tommy then it is a very smart move from Rockstar keeping the fans of both Vice City and San Andreas happy. And ofcourse it is the same engine, it is coming for the current generation consoles, what did you expect?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

BTW .... a thought just came to my mind. It has been rumored that GTA 5 will feature multiple protagonists. Now, how awesome would it be if we get to play again with Niko, CJ and Tommy. Think about it, Tommy is the boss, CJ is the local gang leader and Niko, well he is introduced to tommy through someone and now works for him.

It is Ray Liotta. I recognized his unmistakable voice from the very first line! Maybe because I have watched Goodfellas so many time. 60-year old family man Tommy Vercetti in San Andreas. Can't wait!

CJ and Claude are dead, though.

Back