GTA V - Discussion Thread

Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 - Discussion Thread

Altair said:
LOL are you kidding me? You haven't played SA.? :O Buy it,insert it,Install it(otherwise: Download it,Install it),Connect the Controller,Play it..I am currently playing it again because of no GPU with my Xbox Controllers. Works Cool. :eek:hyeah:
I haven't dude. Not sure if I have the time to re-visit it either. :(

Buy it in fact. It's only 299 last I checked. But seriously you havent played?

It's like the game of the current generation. You can walk into a cyber cafe and still see small kids playing it. This game is like the contra/mario of their generation

Beamed from a low orbit ION cannon via tapatalk

:lol: ^Seriously it's true...I've myself seen so many kids playing and like talking about cheat codes of this game..flying cars,bunny hop etc etc...Seriously a must play. :)

I can attest to that fact as well. I can still see small kids hammering their way on the keyboard in my friend's cyber-cafe for San Andreas and Vice City. They have some cheat-code sheet handy and just keep adding insane stuff. I'm really tempted to play as well. What's the total gameplay time?

Ethan_Hunt said:
What's the total gameplay time?

Hmm i would say you would be disappointed here.dont ask and better try.Because the the gameplay hours justifies the map.In short its long.But nevertheless its so awesome that if you get immersed in it you wont feel it.:D

I guess I should have expected that. :p

I just realized that this game is also available for the Xbox 360 as a part of the Xbox original titles. So might as well get it for that, since it will have the controls natively mapped. But I'll definitely watch out for it.

The trailer is kind of confusing. It has latest GTA cars in it, but half of the skyscrapers are under construction.
GTA SA had completed skyscrapers. So which year is GTA 5 set in?
2012 or old?
The trailer shows recession theme too.

But i'm really looking forward to play this game :D
btw, the house that's shown as "for sale" looks like Sweets' neighbors' house :p

I know trailer is old now, but does this image from the trailer confirm the release date?

gtavreleasedateconfirme.jpg

Sign says For sale. Expect the game come 24 May 2012? :p

Will be a big bummer if it's in 2013 though, lol.

^No way it will come in Summer 2012. This is R*'s biggest franchise. They would want to hype it for 2 years. Anyway, they have Max Payne for 1st half of 2012.

I think it will be a 2012 release. The next Xbox should be revealed by next E3 at the latest. And R* would not want to release it on outdated systems like that.

Either that or its being developed for next Xbox too and will release in 2013 for it along with current gen :p

But Why? :/ HE shouldn't be in this. It's okay if he has a cameo, but if he's playable then it's fail for me.

^^ Guys its removed from the site. Maybe rockstar made them remove it as they did not want any spoilers!! :D

Secondly the main protagonist is Ned Luke presumably !! Read on ...

The Escapist : News : The Face of GTA V Is ... Ned Luke?

@Ethan_Hunt Play SA it will really help you in GTA 5! Its a pretty big game compared to VC and GTA IV includes total of 4 chapters or cities or whatever. Los Santos , San Fierro , Countryside , Las Venturas.

Complete fun and some super awesome missions and yes if you like Hip Hop / Rap real toast for you :p

rajveersingh09 said:
@Ethan_Hunt Play SA it will really help you in GTA 5! Its a pretty big game compared to VC and GTA IV includes total of 4 chapters or cities or whatever. Los Santos , San Fierro , Countryside , Las Venturas.

Complete fun and some super awesome missions and yes if you like Hip Hop / Rap real toast for you :p

I'll try my best rajveer. I'll probably end up getting it on the 360, since I don't have time to fiddle around with the PC copy. But roughly, how much time would I be investing in it?

Ethan_Hunt said:
I'll try my best rajveer. I'll probably end up getting it on the 360, since I don't have time to fiddle around with the PC copy. But roughly, how much time would I be investing in it?

It depends on you. Some missions can really take a lot of time to complete. For example the last mission involves around 4 parts. So if you mess up one you gotta start again. Just like the last mission of GTA IV. if you leave the mini games such as gymming , making girlfriends , making a tattoo , haircuts etc. (Though you would want to try all those as its a first in GTA franchise) Then it should come around to for an average player around 120-150 Hours. It was released on Dual Layer DVD because of its size. Though now a single DVD rip can be found.

You will find missions such as Aeroplane learning school which can be real frustrating at times just like Demolition Man in VC its like that. So that eats up a lot of time. You gotta chase people , Race Cars etc etc. Pretty Hefty took me around a month when i first played it in 2005 when i was just 14. And 1 more thing i dont know if you will use cheats or not but yeah if u do do not use it more than 100 times because as we see in GTA IV missions get disabled if you use cheats , IN SA there is a mission about a character named Madd Dogg who is about to jump from a building and you gotta save him. It turns out that due to excessive use of cheats Madd Dogg eventually falls of early till the time you settle to catch him :p

GTA V Trailer Recreated in GTA IV

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also, check out this hilarious GTA real life gameplay. :rofl:

Back