GTA V - Discussion Thread

Grand Theft Auto 5: Game Release To Follow Book Release?

Masters of Doom creator David Kushner is taking on the “interactive entertainment” world again through Jacked – The Outlaw Story of Grand Theft Auto. Kushner’s project is set to launch on April 3, 2012. The book will be telling the tale of the creation of Grand Theft Auto and even the true story behind the so-called “Hot Coffee” incident. This book should then give the GTA fan a great fix. Of course, this is still months away. So, there is nothing yet to keep the GTA fan going right now except for some GTA 5 rumors.

The book does not just give me a reason to take on reading again but it also raises some interesting GTA 5 questions. Ooooh, I can see your eyes bulging right now as you read through GTA 5. Yes, that GTA 5 – the one that you have been talking about lately. The audio edition marketing blurb for the 2012 Blackstone audio catalog is apparently suggesting that GTA 5 will see the light of day after Jacked. It seems to be the case. Maybe the book will really sort of introduce the coming of the game. Wouldn’t it be anticlimactic if it comes after the game? Depends on the player I guess.

The book will be released in April and GTA 5 may actually be released in fall or if ever there is a delay, even early 2013. It will still be sort of a media tie-in with the game. Also, Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick said that the company expects “substantial earnings growth during the next fiscal year. That year begins on April 1, 2012.

rajveersingh09 said:
Also, Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick said that the company expects “substantial earnings growth during the next fiscal year. That year begins on April 1, 2012.

Actually, this need not point to GTA V. Take Two already have two huge titles lined up for FY2012: Borderlands 2 and BioShock: Infinite. Both are expected to sell very well.

Game Informer: You just released the GTA V trailer. Can you talk about that project in any respect? Obviously, it looks like it's going back to San Andreas.

Dan Houser: I've got to be real careful here, or they will drag me through the office and whip me with barbwire. I will stick to exactly what's in the press release. It's Los Santos and the surrounding countryside - and a very big map.

While this would appear to back up Rockstar's initial press release about the game being set in Los Santos, we still can't call it 100% confirmed. The fact that Dan explained he would "stick to the press release" would appear to show he doesn't want to give anything away that Rockstar aren't ready to discuss - but that there clearly there is more to tell. Whether that is the inclusion of other cities (such as San Fierro and Las Venturas), time will tell.

For those of you eagerly awaiting the release of GTA 5 you will hunt around all day on the Internet to try and find a morsel of information just to keep you going until some other details comes out. Sadly the developer has been a little subdued when it comes to handing out more details, but there could be a way for you to know more, and that is by taking up Rockstar’s offer as a GTA V tester.

There are many young people living in Scotland who find it hard to get a job, so how lucky would it be for them to land what many would consider a dream job? The pay does not sound that great, just £14,000 a year, which you can earn more stacking shelves. However, testing grand Theft Auto V sounds much more interesting to us.

It’s no secret that this next installment of the game needs to deliver, previous versions have done pretty well, but games have evolved over the years, and GTA V needs to prove itself once again – although we have no doubt that it will. It’s hard to say just how long Rockstar has been working on the new game, but surely they have been doing so for a number of years?

In a recent article is suggests that Grand Theft Auto V will be one of the biggest releases of 2012, but there has not been any conformation as to an official release date. We had assumed may , but it could be later, maybe even towards the end of the year.

We should not undermine what this jobs entails, yes it could get repetitive, but just think what a service these people are doing, because if it were not for testers looking for any kind of problem in a game, just think what that could mean for the end user – you? More details on this job opportunity can be found on the official Rockstar North website.

-Source Inentertainment

GTA V Gets Music Industry Attention

It seems that the music business has finally cottoned on to the immense potential of the video games market. Their first target, Grand Theft Auto V.

Thanks to the series now famous ability to switch between radio stations as and when you please, music companies have become very interested in securing some space in the myriad of audio content Rockstar plan to offer.

“Over the years, the Grand theft Auto series has provided EMI Music Publishing with a unique opportunity to get sync placements for some hidden gems in our catalogue that otherwise may not have landed in the world of video games,†EMI’s VP of music resources said in this week’s edition of Music Week.

“We look forward to working with Rockstar Games on future versions of this fantastic series and to continuing to deliver value to our songwriters in this regard.â€

So it seems that the radio stations this time around will probably be loaded with contemporary music until our ears burst. Here’s hoping we don’t have to put up with the likes of chart toppers, and can instead enjoy discovering new music and groups, or indeed old ones like Kino.

Source - Gaming Hub.

^^ Nice post Rajveer, good read.
<

Masters of Doom was one of the best gaming related book I've ever read (well it's the only one!). It'd be interesting to see the GTA series getting the same treatment although I'd have liked Half-Life and its spin-offs featured in a book. That said, GTA is no less deserving as the games set many standards for current gen third person shooters.

I loved vice-city and san andreas but I must say gta 4 seemed more of the same stuff regardless of the graphics and the environment. I think they have milked the series dry and fifth iteration really needs to bring some much-wanted freshness to the series. I was sort of disappointed with the teaser trailer as it showed nothing to get excited about. I feel it was rushed as fans were begging for details on the new game. Hopefully, we get to see better previews soon.

very eagerly waiting for more details or a new trailer...

all we know as of now it that the map will be HUGE in Los Santos

come one R*.. give us some surprise

Take-Two confirms no release date yet

During Take-Two’s financial call the company confirmed that Grand Theft Auto V was “…making great progress†in development, but the company was still far from “determining a window of release.†This news isn’t going to make GTA V fans happy.

The analysts that we have spoken with seem to agree with our analysis that GTA V will most likely arrive during Take-Two’s upcoming fiscal year, which ends on March 31st, 2013. Still, knowing that most analysts are speculating about this, Take-Two has remained eerily quiet, which just adds to the mystery.

During the call, Take-Two revealed no specifics about GTA V beyond saying that the game “…promises to continue Rockstar’s track record of delighting fans and raising the bar in interactive entertainment.â€

- Fudzilla
Take-Two reckons its financial 2013 will be one of its ‘best year ever’, hinting at a Christmas release for Grand Theft Auto V.

The parent of GTA publisher Rockstar Games has just reported a drop in q3 profits ending December 31st, but is confident its next financial year beginning April 1st 2012 and ending March 31st 2013 will be much stronger for the firm.

Take-Two chairman and CEO Strauss Zelnick said: “Fiscal 2013 is expected to be one of our best years ever, with substantial revenue growth and non-GAAP net income in excess of $2 per diluted share. We are well positioned to continue to deliver growth and profitability over the long-term."

The company has several big releases due out in its fiscal 2013, including Max Payne 3 in May, Spec Ops: The Line in autumn, XCOM: Enemy Unknown also in autumn and BioShock Infinite later this year. Plus, there’s Borderlands 2 and the other XCOM game out in Take-Two’s fiscal 2013.

Then, of course, there’s Grand Theft Auto V. The next game in Take-Two's 100 Million Selling franchise. Although its release date is listed as TBC, Zelnick’s enthusiasm for a strong year hints it will arrive during its fiscal 2013. And a fiscal Q3 release would make sense given the even stronger demand for boxed games at Christmas.

Take-Two is also the parent firm of BioShock publisher 2K Games.
- Mcvuk

Rockstar should take their time and make a full game not the broken and badly coded one like gta 4 .

(The gameplay compensated it all though)

^ I do not think it was broken at all. GTA games are not supposed to have a 'STORY' to interest us. It is an open world free adventure fun mission game. With good gameplay and good graphics. Vice city was a loose copy of Scarface. Really not looking forward to any story in GTA 5 but the open world to explore and spend a lot of time in the game. The missions were fun in GTA IV that made it awesome. A cold serb killer!
<

Without a story the game will fall apart. There's no fun in random missions "Go kill X", "Win race X", "Protect X from Y". GTA 4 had an great story. The broken part was the graphics in PC, which was horribly unoptimized.

^ It had a very common story. Revenge. If you are calling that a story then it has been in San Andreas as well. But still we do play the games for the gameplay and the missions! not really for the story.

Hi all, I am planning to buy GTA4 complete edition from flipkart. Has the performance issue been sorted out or it still exist. I have Radeon 4330

I dont have any intentions of argument.But i feel GTA IV was overrated.10/10 is too much it should have been given 9.5 or 9.6 max.

Storywise it was just ok. Gameplaywise I agree it has matured.even the map is not that good.I mean its good but not that much.

News from R*
Grand Theft Auto 5 information may be scarce at the moment, but that will change in "a few months’ time," Rockstar has confirmed.

Responding to GTA 5 questions in what was supposed to be a Q&A for the upcoming run-and-gun sequel Max Payne 3, the developer said:

"First of all, we’d like to again thank you and everyone out there for the amazing response to the debut Grand Theft Auto V trailer. We know that there are a ton of questions you all have about the game, including release date and lots else."

GTA 5's announcement trailer hit back in early November last year, but Rockstar has remaind silent on the game since, while it finishes Max Payne 3 for a 18 May release on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.

"Right now, we are very hard at work on the game and are excited as well to show and tell you more as development progresses - expect that we'll be talking much more about GTAV starting at some point in a few months’ time," added the developer. "Please hang tight until then and thank you all for your patience and support!"

It sounds like Rockstar is aiming to get Max Payne 3 launched and out the door before dropping any new info on GTA 5.

GTA 5 currrently has no confirmed release date or platforms, but publisher Take Two recently hinted that it expects a big fiscal 2013.

Back