GTA V - Discussion Thread

So tomorrow GTA Online launches. 16 player per server. Are there any servers in India? if not which is nearest server.? any info on this??

Reading on other sites/sources that people are having problems getting into online and even they are managing to start the game is freezing. Anyways, please do make a save-game backup of your SP play-through as there have been reports from gamer's having lost their SP saves after installing the patch.

As for me... I'm merrily finishing up all the Random missions and Freaks and Strangers missions in the SP play-through. :)

Last edited:
Done with the single player main storyline last night (70% completion rate). Took me around 35 hours, give or take, to complete the main storyline plus a whole bunch of other stuff. Just have a few more Strangers & Freaks missions to complete. I loved the game, BUT this is not to say that it didn't have any faults.

On the positive side, I feel Rockstar really did a fantastic job of creating Los Santos and Blaine County in a vastly detailed and vivid manner. It's hard to believe they pulled off this level of detail from 8 year old console hardware. They also managed to implement a good amount of gameplay changes like the weapon selection wheel, characters switching, quick-save, special ability, new means of exploration etc. I liked playing as Michael and Trevor, but hated Franklin's character. The side activities were quite fun and even after the main game ended, there was a lots more to do. The entire look and feel of Los Santos in HD was a treat to watch, especially the night time environment.

On the downside, I feel Rockstar could have really made better side characters. I remember GTA IV had so many memorable bunch of side characters and their missions were so much fun, but this game had some really dull NPCs. Some heists could have been designed differently and could have been better. The chopper controls and tank movements with the characters still seem to be an inherent problem, this seriously needs to be addressed. The radio stations and soundtracks were completely boring, except for a few tracks. The writing is certain aspects was really annoying, especially with Lamar's character. It was so annoying to hear "nigga" being spilled out in almost every sentence. The "hang-out" sessions in GTA IV was something which I really enjoyed. I could call almost any of my contacts and they would come right over. In this game, I managed to go out with Amanda only, the rest would either be busy and wouldn't have the option to "hang-out". The options were really limited.

That being said, like most, I chose the 'C' option in the end. That was again not up to the mark. In GTA IV, the ending was fueled with a great deal of rage on Niko's part, which made it that much more interesting. This, however, was more predictable. Come to think of it, I can't really understand why they would even provide option 'A' and 'B' in the first place. Nevertheless, I guess they had to provide some sort of choice in the end.

So to sum it up, it delivered on the hype, with a few hic-ups, but still managed to be highly entertaining and fun. Good work as always Rockstar!

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more. The writing is a bit weak, rather GTA:SA left such an indelible mark, very difficult to top. The Grove st. v Ballas worked insanely well. I must say though the switching works really well. 3 different personalities. I'm around 49% completion. Still a long way to go. Sometimes it's a little difficult to keep track of the main story of Michael and Trevor and the deed that was done. Love the potshots taken on popular culture.

Enjoying this thoroughly, love playing as Trevor, manic missions. And so much better than GTA 4. Couldn't stand the Russian accents.

Yes me too not able to join...although was able to create the player...one of the most unique way of creating player is there in this game...
Edit : the game hangs often while trying to play online...
Should we start our crew?

Couldn't agree more. The writing is a bit weak, rather GTA:SA left such an indelible mark, very difficult to top. The Grove st. v Ballas worked insanely well. I must say though the switching works really well. 3 different personalities. I'm around 49% completion. Still a long way to go. Sometimes it's a little difficult to keep track of the main story of Michael and Trevor and the deed that was done. Love the potshots taken on popular culture.

Enjoying this thoroughly, love playing as Trevor, manic missions. And so much better than GTA 4. Couldn't stand the Russian accents.

Play the story out, it comes together towards the end and is quite rewarding IMO.

Oh yeah definitely.

On a side note IGN podcasts say there's a cool feature where you can shout out orders at the store clerk via mic during a holdup and he'll give you the cash faster. Have to try this out :)

OT: But whilst waiting for Beyond Two Souls, I thought I might as well kill some time and hence loaded up Vice City. Spent almost 3 hours playing it continuously. Over a decade old game and still continues to be fun. The radio stations and songs are freakin' awesome, as @quan chi rightly put it. I completed around 10 missions or so and one of them was 'Demolition Man', one of the infamous RC chopper mission. I thought it was going to be a nightmare, as per what people had described, but I completed it on my second try. It feels very natural to control it with the 360 controller. I love the missions in this game, they are so much fun and not all serious. I might put in a serious attempt to complete it later.

@Ethan_Hunt : Definitely complete it... it's probably one of the best games in the series and the classic 80's 'Miami Vice' styled environment is totally awesome!But that 'Demolition Man' mission was so annoying to do back in the day with a KB and mouse combo I tell you. The other mission which gave me a tough time was called 'Dildo Dodo'!

Coming back to GTA V: Re-played the Heists in the game once again with a different approach (the one's that did have two choices that is). I mainly stuck to the stealthier quiet approaches the first time around but re-played them the guns blazing way yesterday. For the record if you-play the Heists, at the end the money doesn't get added to the main game play-through.

Last edited:
@Black_Hawk - What about the mission where you are supposed to drop bombs on Speedboats using RC planes?

@Ethan_Hunt - The reason I didn't enjoy GTA:San Andreas like a lot of people is - 'GTA - Vice City'. CJ felt like a wimp compared to Tommi Vercetti. The music, the aura, the missions... are so much fun. Try getting one of those Harley Davidson type bikes and use handbrake (I know sounds odd) to power slide in corners.

@prabs : Oh yes... that mission was there too! I think it was called 'Bombs Away' and you had to fly one of those RC Dodo planes! Anything associated with flying in that game and that too with my KB and mouse gave a hard time.

How you guys finishing off the games so fast? I keep waiting for getting marks on maps, or calls, or sms, or emails etc. after a mission is completed and keep roaming around :(

@krishnandu : Just keep doing the mission's which appear on the map (along with the side-mission's which pop up on the map as well!) and the call's, icon's on the map should come up seamlessly. I never once had a problem with mission's not showing up. Also, do the Stranger's and Freak's missions and the Random Events which come up. This game is choc-filled with missions.

How I finished off the game is pretty simple: Long play hours, lots of it! 60+ hours and counting...:D

@krishnandu : Just keep doing the mission's which appear on the map (along with the side-mission's which pop up on the map as well!) and the call's, icon's on the map should come up seamlessly. I never once had a problem with mission's not showing up. Also, do the Stranger's and Freak's missions and the Random Events which come up. This game is choc-filled with missions.

How I finished off the game is pretty simple: Long play hours, lots of it! 60+ hours and counting...:D

Thanks. Generally I did few Side Missions first, and then started ignoring them :p Thought of completing the game and then doing those :)

Anyway, I'll just stick to the game normally without any choice :p

Sorry to interrupt your topic.
Hello members do you have any Idea of GTA5 for PC. Is the rockstar games will make GTA5 available for PC..? I have heard somewhere.!;)

Back