User Guides GUIDE: Resume NFS Carbon Saved Games

Guide to Resume ur NFS Carbon Savegame and run it successfully again.

After a Long Long time i am writing a guide Hope i havent made any mistakes.

What you will require.

Your Savegame file from NFS Carbon and the exact CD Key with which u installed the first time.
C:\Documents and Settings\UR XP Login Name\My Documents\NFS Carbon

svegmelocndi7.jpg

Please Note down ur CD key with which u played the game earlier , this can be used to play later.

Now u have uninstalled the game and now u have reinstalled the game now.

How to go about resuming the same game

1.> After you have installed ur game and if u dont know what CD Key you entered you can always get back it like this way.

Open REGEDIT by typing it in Start>Run.
Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\Electronic Arts\Need for Speed Carbon\ergc

regcy5.jpg

cdkeyregmu7.jpg

2.> Once you have found ur CD Key Copy it and keep it safely for future use when u resume
ur game playback.

Open Notepad and type the following and save it as .reg file.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\Electronic Arts\Need for Speed Carbon]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\Electronic Arts\Need for Speed Carbon\ergc]
@="Enter ur found CD Key from the registry here"

regfiledz9.jpg

Save this file as NFSCarbon.reg or anyname.reg
I have saved as "MyNFSC Backup.reg"

3.> Now when u have to play ur old saved games copy it back to
C:\Documents and Settings\UR XP Login Name\My Documents\NFS Carbon
and double click on the created NFSCarbon.reg game file which u created

And launch game and u are ready to go.

Hope this helps.

Quad Master said:
63 Views , Not even a single reply.

Is this guide useless. :(

:hap2:

No not at all useless..infact saved a lot of my game as i had done arnd 75 % of da game..thnx for the guide...

dnt mind but sometimes..ppl just read posts and even after benefiting from it.dont reply or rep u..it happens..i ve seen it many times...dnt worry u have done a good job..

reps added..;)

EDIT :

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Quad Master again.

sorry..next time maybe..

Quad Master said:
Dude its not about reputation.
But please leave a comment or 2 so that i can get ur feedback on improving myself.
The guide is fine and dandy. The problem lies with the game ;). Thats one of the reasons you are not getting feedback for your guide.

Quad Master said:
Dude its not about reputation.

But please leave a comment or 2 so that i can get ur feedback on improving myself.

sorry..yaar..i didnt mean anything like this ..i am really sorry.if it hurt u..or sumthin..but i did not mean anythin like tht.

anywayz i knw reps dnt matter..much..spcly..when u have so much..:bleh:

^^^ as for the problems with the game i think there is a 13mb patch released for NFS carbon at NFS PLANET

i dont knw if it solves the savegame problem..but it does solve some online gaming problems in carbon..go check it out.

the problem i find with usin g other save games is the cd keys need to match and to easies way to do that is to download the regediter for nfsc and then when you open it it automaticly goes to where all your saved games are and you just need to make sure the 2 numbers match and you delete the 1st # then copy and paste the nuber in the 2nd box cause that is your cd key and put in in the 1st box and click save and start the game and load your saved game.So If you know a friend that has the game completed 100% or you can find a file online somewhere you just edit it with this program and save it saves in your /Documents/NFS Carbon folder that was created when you installed the game so no need to know where the file is or where to put it it does it for you enjoy......

P.S here is where you can find the reg editor for your save games or some1 elses :)
http://www.nfstools.nm.ru/nfsc/NFSCSaveEditor-1.27-src.zip

P.S.S
I did not make this nice little tool we all need to thank
(C) 2006 CoDe RiPPeR "thanks CoDe RiPPeR"

P.P.S.S
They also have reg editors for need for speed most wanted and need for speed prostreet if you play those instead of carbon...."I play them all!"

Back