Guild Wars 2 - Discussion Thread

where is that ... a high level region i think ... Love chasing vistas ... once u figure out the path they are easy but finding the path is like in game puzzles ... love em :D

Oh wow I've been looking for a thread like this for sometime~ Btw this is my first post on TE.
Have been ghosting around here since 3+ months in the hardware sections.

@atif and cybermantas : What are your system specs? My PC is quite crappy compared to what I see people using on the GW2 forums (And still have a lotta problems) and I was planning to buy the game, but I thought better to research about the hardware required to play and then purchase.

My system:
Processor: AMD Athlon II x4 640 No OC
Motherboard: Gigabyte 880GM-UD2H
GPU: HD 4250 Integrated on the MB
RAM: Cheap 2GB DDR3 dynet RAM
HDD: Seagate 320GB STX 7200.12
Cabinet(and PSU): Zebronics Bijli with 500W PSU (I know now it's crap :<)
Monitor: Dell IN2030M @1600x900

I would be changing my GPU, obviously, but need help there. If possible I'd like to fine-tune my PC keeping GW2 as the basis 'cuz most games I play aren't at all demanding and I can run them all well. (Ragnarok, DotA1, TES: Oblivion). I'm mighty tight on budget at the moment as I'm still a student and can't really pay for my own for now~ I hope you understand what I mean lol...

Anyways, I've been looking up options and here's what I've come up with:
BUDGET <7k
Sapphire HD 6670 OR Sapphire HD 7770 OC.

I would request some guidance in selecting a GPU, hoping that my CPU wont be a bottleneck to the game.

Regards~

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing is u dont need an awesome system to run this. Ofc you wont get all the perks on having one.
I am running it on a core 2 duo with Geforce 210 on board. And it still runs fine. Ofc running it at all low and 1366*768. A bit of frame rate must be expected for large battles.
Still its a beautiful game.

Hmmm it would help if you could tell me if that 210 is better or worse that my onboard 4250 @650 core and 700 mhz. I'm not too tech savvy yet :p. I want to sure before i purchase cuz i only have cash for either gw2 or hardware upgrade, unfortunately.

Really really awesome content plan! Unfortunately, I just cant find time to play this game anymore - what with just 2 hrs of time post office hours, can either do 1-2 games of DoTa or some Singple Player (NBA 2k13 / XCom) before its time to hit the bed... Guild Wars2 needs just way too much involvement :(

Actually i do a mining run in low level areas for < 2 hrs and finish off daily achievements. Thats some gud exp right there.

What server is everyone playing on ?
Free world transfers are available for now, We can join same server and play together.

Yeah? Great... tell me your servers, I will go back today, check mine and post back or move to yours... what level are you? I am lvl 15 odd, last I checked...

Back