Video H265/HEVC Android Box

I picked an Amlogic s905 box a month odd ago or so but ended up replacing it with an Intel NUC (long story, short versio being that while it happily does hevc, my need was more towards native 23.976 support)
In any case, what would be the right price point to put it up for a sale on TE?

@avi
Is dts true hd supported out of the box or is it required to register on vidon as detailed below.

if you want to use DTS-HD, Dolby True HD, 7.1 Passthrough via HDMI

Note: You need to registe an account in vidon.me, then you log in the tronsmaart TV BOX, , you will be our tronsmart Senior User, and you can use dolby / dts and other transparent transmission.

source : http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Tron...20894.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000023.4.ZHQtPe

Hi guys...Got my paws on the Tronsmart Vega S95 Telos and so far its pretty good with my HEVC content streamed from my Plex server.My only issue is with the standard remote which is a PITA.I can use the RC Client app on my phone as an alternative but are you guys using an airmouse?
If so can anybody point me towards a good one?

My primary need is portability so a Logitech K400 Keyboard with touchpad won't cut it for me.I looked at the TSM-01 and MINIX Neo A2 and people are facing issues with the TSM-01 so it might be a no go.

Can anybody say if the Neo A2 works okay with the Vega?

Is there any HEVC media player that plays 10bit encoded file. The one I have plays it but it is very choppy and moves slow frame by frame. Any amount of tweaking does not work with 10 bit encoded HEVC file. A normal HEVC encoded file works good.

^I have that thing and I love it!
A few questions.
How is the output quality of this - both sound and video? How does the quality compare to pc video card output. Example if we are playing via MPC-HC and using madvr.
Does it play ac3 audio? Or we have to buy some media player from app store which plays ac3 audio and not show ads on the screen?
Does it play high bitrate (>16MBps) mkv files? How is 10bit output?

I haven't tried most of the things that you have mentioned but 10 bit output is okay with HEVC files.High bitrate files are also okay but keep in mind I play my videos out of external HDD connected to the Vega S95

whats the custom duty on these? 35%? will a windows 10 box the same site is selling be similar in quality and output?

whats the custom duty on these? 35%? will a windows 10 box the same site is selling be similar in quality and output?

Most times, small items come without any duty. IIRC, @avi was not charged any duty for $90 device. Whereas @benryu was slapped with duty for $30 item. But his was 1 out of 4 case.

I will suggest you to go buy Mi Box or the Mi Bar (if you willing to spend more)!

It supports 4k video playback! Definitely plays hevc files! And is pretty decent at a very reasonable rate!
Here's the link to the Android TV Box!
Mi Box

You can buy it at ebay for around 4k!

The Mi Bar is Android TV box + A Sound bar! It will be around 20k!

Both these gadgets are definitely the best you can get! Nothing matches them!
HDMI, USB, bluetooth, 2gb ram, 8gb internal! You name it, it's there!

Check it out!

I will suggest you to go buy Mi Box or the Mi Bar (if you willing to spend more)!

It supports 4k video playback! Definitely plays hevc files! And is pretty decent at a very reasonable rate!
Mi Box

Check it out!
Check thoroughly as most of these boxes struggle to play HEVC 10bit encoded files

Mi Box

Check it out!
Did you mean this one? I think reviews on Amazon.com mention it to be a Chinese TV+Movie streaming box and everything being in Chinese language. Seems there are ways to make it into English too.
The new 4th gen version looks better than this. I wonder when it will come out.

I picked an Amlogic s905 box a month odd ago or so but ended up replacing it with an Intel NUC (long story, short versio being that while it happily does hevc, my need was more towards native 23.976 support)
In any case, what would be the right price point to put it up for a sale on TE?

Which company product did you buy? What were the drawbacks?

Back