Harassment by Tata Indicom - Not shutting down my connection

Make sure you are sending fax also, take confirmation of the fax sent. Faxes are legally valid in court.

Finding this interesting because local ISP in our area sending me overpriced bills, apologizing over phone that it is a mistake, telling me not pay and ignore it, then repeating same mistake again. Am pretty riled up over this.

This is why i never call customer care...

An email cc ed to the basic guys and the nodal office, gets the work done in airtel for me very fast...

No need to get the blood pressure rising talking to nuts in customer care.. Also email is admissible proof...

Public Grievance Mechanism: If you are not satisfied with our services you can highlight the matter to our Appellate officer Sanjay Tiku
through letter, Fax at 011-66552020 or write at Appellateauthority.delhi@tatatel.co.in. Please note appellate authority will be operational between 9:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday.

Copy pasted the above and sent it along with my Tata Photon+ number. I think an hour ago they tried to contact me, but I could not receive the call due to being busy. My ticket still shows open as per their site.[DOUBLEPOST=1391608283][/DOUBLEPOST]I am tired of them contacting me. Sigh...

Let us see what happens tomorrow. Got an auto-reply from the Appellate mailbox, so it has hit their system; my mail.

Last edited:
Calling CC's is never a solution(they will keep repeating the same thing again and again, we have noted your request, will take so many days etc. etc.).....always keep records in written or via email.

They closed out my request, and the account has not been closed. I am totally fed - up now. The reason they gave: we tried to contact you, and you did not pick the phone. So case closed. What baseless f***-all logic is this..? I feel so stupid now. I again asked them, why my prior request was closed without closure of my account they said "someone called Manish called you, and you were retained". I do not remember any such conversation. They are blatantly lying and fooling me. I do not even know any f****** person with the name Manish. They are lying to the face.

What should I do. No reply from the appellate also. Every month I am dishing out INR 1300 for something which I am not using. I am so so frustrated and irritated. This is simply unbelievable.

I have opened another docket for closure. They are saying 7 days. Oh..god..help me.

^^ if possible, change your plan to prepaid and then ditch them. i had to take this route for airtel postpaid mobile connection after running around for 6 months.

They closed out my request, and the account has not been closed. I am totally fed - up now. The reason they gave: we tried to contact you, and you did not pick the phone. So case closed. What baseless f***-all logic is this..? I feel so stupid now. I again asked them, why my prior request was closed without closure of my account they said "someone called Manish called you, and you were retained". I do not remember any such conversation. They are blatantly lying and fooling me. I do not even know any f****** person with the name Manish. They are lying to the face.

What should I do. No reply from the appellate also. Every month I am dishing out INR 1300 for something which I am not using. I am so so frustrated and irritated. This is simply unbelievable.

I have opened another docket for closure. They are saying 7 days. Oh..god..help me.
Did you post on their social networking pages??? Post links to this page also and post a comment on every one of their recent posts..... SPAM them....[DOUBLEPOST=1392119090][/DOUBLEPOST]BTW They dont want to reduce the no of customers now because anyways they are in a plan to out sell their entire telecom business to other companies like Vodafone and Bharti Airtel.

IMO, its not worth soo much of effort. Better to do what was suggested earlier. You send them a letter that you want to discontinue and keep the proof of their receipt. I think customer service centers too give an acknowledgement (not 100% sure). Keep that proof and stop paying the bills. Yes, it is supposed to be very simple but it is not possible. They just wont understand your point of view :)

Best way for me was to say I am moving out of country and this is deadline. If you dont cut and give me the dues I fly away you will never get any more money. Worked like a charm. Cancelled Airtel and Tata this way... Few calls and when you say you are moving out of country no further questions :p

Moneylife.in takes up the grievances of common people/consumers regarding Insurance and other financial issues they encounter when dealing with banks and Insurance companies. Not sure whether they deal in telecom matters. But you could try to contact them with your story and see whether they can be of any assistance to you.

Just say you are a terrorist, and how they issue a connection to terrorist
couple of years ago someone from my salary linked bank inquired about huge international transactions made in my account. i thought it was a phishing scam and out of jest, i explained them how it was all linked to some terrorist activities. i was traveling then and it created a lot of ruckus.

in an another incident, one of my colleague got his house barged in by FBI agents. he did something stupid but it was quite a scary incident... for him and his room-mates.

so, don't use sensitive words like terrorist or bomb unless you really mean it. :rolleyes:

If you already sent them email/fax . It can be used as evidence . just give them threat that you will be suing them for harassment and will claim pretty hefty charges for your trauma. Your all issue will get resolved. It worked for me

couple of years ago someone from my salary linked bank inquired about huge international transactions made in my account. i thought it was a phishing scam and out of jest, i explained them how it was all linked to some terrorist activities. i was traveling then and it created a lot of ruckus.

in an another incident, one of my colleague got his house barged in by FBI agents. he did something stupid but it was quite a scary incident... for him and his room-mates.

so, don't use sensitive words like terrorist or bomb unless you really mean it. :rolleyes:

damm u live in USA ??, and what your friend had done, please throw some more light on it

Their main intention is to allocate as more connection as they can, and looks like they would never close your connection. The main problem is even after your multiple requests, you are paying the full bill and they are earning. That's it.

Simply say next time, "I do not wish to close the connection, but I'm not going to pay a single penny, so you can continue to give me free service". And do not pay the bills and keep using the service. Automatically they will disconnect the service.

Well some days back:

1. I could not log into my account online.
2. I called up, and asked them if it is closed. Mentioning my number.
3. They said NO.
4. I raised a request.
5. I got an SMS that they are servicing my request --- actually they NOW raised a request to shut down my second Photon connection. I have two connections and wanted to retain one. Groooan.
6. I was transferred to the cancellation department, when I called up regarding the mess up.
7. They told me, the initial number HAS BEEN cancelled.
8. They cancelled the request for my secondary number which I want to retain.
9. Upon repeating both numbers to the CC: they confirmed: One is closed, one is active.

Now I will wait for the latest bill.

Interesting read on the hassles about disconnecting a postpaid plan.

Initial request to disconnect : Dec 17 2013
Actual disconnection : 2 months later

Two months extra bill to pay.

Interesting read on the hassles about disconnecting a postpaid plan.

Initial request to disconnect : Dec 17 2013
Actual disconnection : 2 months later

Two months extra bill to pay.

It is basically harassment and exploitation of consumers. They know no one will sue here. Past 2 weeks, my wife is trying to cancel her data plan (no data plan what so over) on her mobile bill. This is Vodafone. Same drama. They keep saying, we are shutting, then some SMS comes, for 2 months free data + no data charge (1GB per month) and on third month the plan will dissolve to be "actually removed". I am sure this will not happen, and billing will start. I have given up. Till date the data plan is active on the phone number, despite numerous calls from us to remove it. If I had a baseball bat, I would bash the teeth in of the MoFo; who implemented such malpractices for retention and made bad-practices an industry standard.

Back