Storage Solutions Hard disk suggestion

allyrocky

Disciple
I would require suggestions for a new HDD.
Which would be used for running windows and i would install apps/games in it.
I would usually use my system for around 14-15 hrs per day.Hence would require the hdd to support/endure it.

Thanks.

Capacity/budget ?

Get one from Seagate or Western Digital.

250GB SATA HD should cost around 2K.

FYI, All HDs are designed to endure such workload.

A 500GB from Seagate [Baracudda.12] retails for around 2.7K
I would suggest the WD 640GB [AAKS] which is available for about 3.2k. This gives you 140 GB extra space for 500 bucks extra.

PS: I use my system 24x7 and am very happy with my WD AAKS. They also have a green model [AACS] which you can consider if you would like to save a few watts.... :p

Personal Note: This was my 100th post on this forum. :D

thetoxicmind said:
Capacity/budget ?

Get one from Seagate or Western Digital.

250GB SATA HD should cost around 2K.

FYI, All HDs are designed to endure such workload.

Im currently using ,Seagate Barracuda ITB 7200.11 which has let me down twice, got it replaced twice :(... So only i wanted a HHD to endure some workload and not crash frequently..

Capacity/budget - doesn't matter,as i said the HHD should reliable.

Go for Western Digital its a better brand than Seagate + it has door step warranty service

If u want performance thn u can go for WD Caviar Black [Higher capacities]

Or u can go with WD Caviar Blue [All capacities Range]:hap2:

Guys im really frustrated with my Seagate Barracuda ITB 7200.11,again it's making some problems.It suddenly stops working while playing games or accessing heavy apps..

So kindly suggest me a good HDD 500 GB -1TB ,also i would require a good extrenal HDD for back up..

I have been using 7200.11 drive for 10 months, there were firmware problems, but once I updated it, there weren't any problems at all. Check your drive for problems with seatools and if there's some issue, just RMA it/. seagate ass is quick, they will replace the drive in 3-5 days.
Most of the guys here seem to be happy with their wd 1tb green drive, opt for it if performance is not an issue.

allyrocky- rma your 7200.11 and hope and pray you get a 7200.12.

Some guys did for their 500GB ones.

1TB 7200.11 got 7200.11 again. :p

Firmware update or not, the 7200.11s are something i am not trusting.

Even the ones w/o firmware issues have eventually failed at some point of time. :S

Most of my friends now buy WD 1TB for storage.

Plus the online rma service, home pick up and drop is good for them as they are busy on weekdays to go to the Seagte service centre.

Back