Storage Solutions hard drive led

id1x

Disciple
hi . i noticed that at idle the hard drive led dosnt stop . it keeps flashing
in a regular way like 2 times per second like the police car lights

is this normal ? btw indexing is off and at task manger sys idle process
at 99

go through Run-msconfig and ensure no unwanted softs are running in the background. just a precaution.

otherwise as the other members said its normal.

No it is not normal.

which hdds u using? sata or ide

it happens in case if you have disabled any ide hdd by disconnecting its power source and still kept the ide cable attached to it.

Rest scan for any background warez running hidden in process or may be trojan.virus. Do system scan for malware/spyware n virus.

Also it can be your indexing service.

^^ Ronit so you think only if his computer is infected by a Virus or Spyware or Malware the HDD led blinks :p

FYI i have MalwareBytes installed on my system and also KAS installed and my system is virus and spyware free and indexing service is also off but still my HDD led blinks

:D

@rocky_pratik of course

i have stated here all the possibilities that may lead to the issue :D

during malware attack your system usage can be full even on idle or no matter you r working it does slows down everything.

BTW you should try to diagnose why is your led blinking unnecessarily though you are avoiding it for no reasons it may be a cause for worry :p

Try turning off Optimize hard disks on idle state.

some sort of programs would be running like backup & recovery or system restore.

You can check them by right clicking my computer then follow system protection tab where you can see if system restore is enabled or not.

you can disable it but do it only if you are a pro.else,disable restore for all drives except Operating System drive.

but if you don't know what you are doing then let it remain as it is..

i have only one hard drive like its shown in my sig and its connected properly

sys restore and indexing is off .. i will try to format and see what happens

^^ Where did you get Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB and for how much ? I thought its not available in India.

that doesnt matter man. Even in my brothers pc it keeps doing the same.

No need to worry about it. Otherwise your system is fine na..

Keep it up

i dont live in india but in cairo and i got it from yoyo shop in uk was a lil over

priced back then about 90 sterling

well it wasnt blinking in bios for a change

anyway ill just reinstall windows and see if it kept blinking without me installing

anything then its just the way it is . and i will stop looking into it

Back