Budget 10-15K Hard-working Android phone

1. Budget?
A: 10k (Can stretch by another 2K if I get something better.)
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar
3. Preferred display type?
A: TFT
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Samsung, Sony, Huawei, Lenovo and Panasonic
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen. 4" at least.
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a GOOD 5MP camera. I loved the camera on my Lumia 720 before my GF took it away from me. So anything half as good as that would do.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android only
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G/Wifi
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: GPS>Camera>SMS (In that order)
10. Any other requirements?
A: Single Sim. Dual sim will do too if the battery back-up is good.
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: I've considered these phones: http://goo.gl/UIDZBb
I want a phone that can at least last a day with about 2 hours of GPS, 1 hour of music, 15 mins of whatsapp and 1 hour of calling - using 3G only. I think only Lenovo can manage to do that, but I might be wrong there. Also, my field work requires me to take a pic here and a pic there, only during daylight though; so the camera should be decent too. Do let me know if there's anything out there.

@Sanav3 Just 7K. What a steal of a deal!
@Deathbearer that is like 10K more than Lumia.

Off topic: My GF dropped my briefly-owned Lumia720 yesterday from the mezzanine floor of her office. It fell face down and the screen has got multiple cracks on top and bottom of it. It works like a charm though, but I'm impressed by the rugged build of the phone knowing that this screen-repair is going to make a big hole in my pocket.

Ascend P1 :

pros : great screen, great camera, good enough processor for daily driver ( not for high end gaming) and quite a few ROMs already available on xda.
cons : average battery life and also battery non-user replacable.

Back