has amazon stopped packing their product

Ramadhir Singh

Wasseypur
Adept
back to back 4 product delivered in last 1 month, non of them were packed.
amazon receipt was directly attached/ to the original packets with transparent tape/glue.
2 of the item were kitchen item, one electrical & one non electrical.
other two were - one headphone ( replaced as the original seal were tempered and dust inside the headphone - replacement also came in more or less same condition) & another electronic items.
3/4 product packed were heavily scratched/damaged.

called amazon , they said since all are prime/sold by amazon - not packed with amazon branding material is shocker to them as well. .. but they cant lodge any complaints.

wanted to know is this is going to the norm these days for amazon delivery -- someone come and hand over a packet to us, as if it was picked form a local store and delivered by hand.

I had this experience once with a Bosch heat gun. The seller cloudtail decided all that was necessary was to stick a label to the original box.

The box wasn't in great shape but functional.

Otherwise i either get stuff in boxes or their white plastic sealed bags.

Large items don't always come with extra packing, although there seems to be no consistency in this. A mixer grinder that I bought a few months ago was delivered in the company packing. No additional boxes. But a microwave oven that a friend bought recently came in additional packing box. May be it is related to the warehouse from where it is being shipped?

Doesn't it depend on the retailer to do packing or not? Some of larger goods I have received without the Amazon's box and Amazon seem okay with it.

I have faced somewhat of a reverse situation . Couple of washing liquid refill packs were packed in a box big enough to fit a whale and there was absolutely no padding. I was afraid that with so much knocking around, the packets would leak.
However till date I have not faced the situation as described in the OP

If the products are stocked closer to your home then they are not thoroughly packed. These items are delivered like pantry/groceries. Amazon and flipkart are both doing it.

I'm actually finding it very welcoming as I'm getting too lazy to unbox stuff.

Large items don't always come with extra packing, although there seems to be no consistency in this. A mixer grinder that I bought a few months ago was delivered in the company packing. No additional boxes. But a microwave oven that a friend bought recently came in additional packing box. May be it is related to the warehouse from where it is being shipped?
I think its down to the seller
If the products are stocked closer to your home then they are not thoroughly packed. These items are delivered like pantry/groceries. Amazon and flipkart are both doing it.
Hmm, the heat gun was definitely from a local seller.
I'm actually finding it very welcoming as I'm getting too lazy to unbox stuff.
I flatten the boxes and get some Rs through the recycling guys.

I used to remove my address from the label but have given that up for the reason you mentioned.

back to back 4 product delivered in last 1 month, non of them were packed.
amazon receipt was directly attached/ to the original packets with transparent tape/glue.
2 of the item were kitchen item, one electrical & one non electrical.
other two were - one headphone ( replaced as the original seal were tempered and dust inside the headphone - replacement also came in more or less same condition) & another electronic items.
3/4 product packed were heavily scratched/damaged.

called amazon , they said since all are prime/sold by amazon - not packed with amazon branding material is shocker to them as well. .. but they cant lodge any complaints.

wanted to know is this is going to the norm these days for amazon delivery -- someone come and hand over a packet to us, as if it was picked form a local store and delivered by hand.
It is a waste reduction initiative and I have been getting some items in that state for over a year, having received message in advance that some items will only be shipped with only address labels to reduce wastage. Larger box items are actually labelled as "contents will be visible" prior to placing the order.

However, most items are still shipped in bags or cardboard sleeves.

However, most items are still shipped in bags or cardboard sleeves.
i envy you;

i remembered 5-6 months back i ordered gardening compost - it came with 3 later of protective packing :p,
bag ( bora) inside a cardboard box which was again inside of a hugs-a$$ box. for 10kg compost i received a washing machine size box.

golden days!!

Back