Has anybody taken MTNL FTTH plans in Delhi ( FTTH-1990 )

Im going to get this shit! im already paying 1900 for 2mbps unlimited.
btw what is full form of FTTH ?

<

The reason i want to go for this is Reduced latency + 10 mbps speed xD .. Anyways i havent downloaded more than 70 Gb in the past few months ( all the new movies suck
<
)

^^ I guess so coz thats a new plan for new members.

@ultra vires Which is your present connection? Why dont you upgrade to combo 800 Unlimited plan, You will get 2mbps from 11pm to 8am and regular 512kbps during the rest of the time

80GB is an easy target to reach when you have a 10Mbps connection, and 512Kbps is ancient and slow.

I couldn't stand that speed when I moved back to Delhi, so shifted to the 2Mbps plan like #-Guevara-

So if you are very sure that you will not cross 80GB and if you do then 512Kbps is not bad, then go ahead.

Currently i'm on 1899 plan and i am pretty sure that i won't exceed 80GB cuz half the time my NAS doesn't downloading anything ( college days are long gone
<
) . Just want to know if anybody has tried MTNL's FTTH service.

I called them up today and i was told i wont be getting this because they haven't yet dug and put the fibre cables in my area.

They said it would take 2 months to get it done in my area...which in reality means more than a year.

^^ Same i also called them yesterday and one "babu" told that it can't be provided to single person ,they will provide Ftth....to housings and societies initially...
<
wtf...?

They are providing this to those people who wont use it and instead will be happy at 512kbps for 599 bucks.

They should atleast offer it to correct target audiance
<

^^ I guess so coz thats a new plan for new members.

@ultra vires Which is your present connection? Why dont you upgrade to combo 800 Unlimited plan, You will get 2mbps from 11pm to 8am and regular 512kbps during the rest of the time

Hey can u shed some light on this 800 rs plan?

Especially for new customers any offer like no installation, no security charges???

Want to get rid of FailTel now, 649rs + tax for 2 mbps till 3gb, 256 kbps after that
<

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Hey can u shed some light on this 800 rs plan?

Especially for new customers any offer like no installation, no security charges???

Want to get rid of FailTel now, 649rs + tax for 2 mbps till 3gb, 256 kbps after that
<

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

well i guess if you will be using your own modem then they will charge 200/- for activation and 100/- for installation. Better ditch that failtel but inquire abt the mtnl service in ur area.I live close to the exchange and never experienced any downtime ever

Back