Has anyone ordered from China recently? How was the customs experience?

Yeah, Banggood seems to deliver and they're relatively fast, I've gotten stuff within 20 days. For some reason they inflate the price on the label. I ordered something that costs about 600 or so, the label ontop of it quoted something like 102k or something.

A lot of things on Banggood aren't deliverable to India but the ones that are seems to be sent reliably.

Aside from these guys (Aliexpress / Banggood), customs don't mess around when you import something from China and declare the value correctly. I got some PCBs made from JLCPCB. Customs clearance was handled by Fedex/DHL (don't remember which one). It was smooth and quick. The additional tax was around 30-40% (including the fixed processing fee).

I am looking for some thermal pads and some ebay sellers are willing to ship to India. But some importers are saying that Indian customs are still targeting packages from China with high import duty. Even if the item value is low and the package is sent via China Post to be handed to India Post.

I am aware that private couriers like Fedex/UPS/DHL etc trigger high customs but I've always had good luck for packages delivered via India Post. Japan/Korea/Germany all packages which were sent through the national post service in the past one year have arrived without a customs charge.

So anyone has an experience for packages coming China/Hong Kong?
i used to order quadcopter parts from banggood china and never had an issue with customs, I may have been lucky.

surprised, how fast these shipments are reaching now a days... ordered a thunderbolt cable from ebay.uk, shipped on 6th from UK and received today :)

Have ordered from both Bangood and Ebay over the past year multiple times. Have had a mixed experience with both. Bangood will get your order deliverd for sure. Possible that they mess up the order itself. Has happend with me. Did not have to pay customs even once with bangood.
Ebay how ever is a different story. Its like a 50-50 situation. Orders can come and also be lost . Few orders came via Aramex so had to pay customs also. Since they came by Aramex there was assurance that it will arrive . There was also a case where the Indian Customs held my order for 3 weeks even though it came via Aramex.
So i try to stick to sellers with whome i had good experience. Got my thermal pads from this seller: https://www.ebay.com/usr/ermaoren26 came in 3weeks no customs.
For water cooling i get my stuff from : https://www.ebay.com/usr/ins_mqzje
If you have anything that you need it for sure . ask the seller to not to use indian post or the cheapest option. Ask them to use Dhl/Aramex.. But in case of the later you will defenitly be charged customs as the carriers always move it through the chargable category.Even if its like 10$

Ordered Aqara hub and switch on Banggood.

still haven’t received info on whether it has reached India or not. It’s been 2 weeks nearly.

had a bad experience with tanotis where my order was stuck for weeks in customs.

Its getting more & more difficult to buy stuff from China and will get worse as political tensions increase.

Ordered Aqara hub and switch on Banggood.

still haven’t received info on whether it has reached India or not. It’s been 2 weeks nearly.

had a bad experience with tanotis where my order was stuck for weeks in customs.

Its getting more & more difficult to buy stuff from China and will get worse as political tensions increase.
Once it took 5 weeks to reach. So I would say to be patient and wait.
Yes it's very difficult to import from China however I feel it has eased out recently

Back