Has anyone ordered from China recently? How was the customs experience?

inapis

Disciple
I am looking for some thermal pads and some ebay sellers are willing to ship to India. But some importers are saying that Indian customs are still targeting packages from China with high import duty. Even if the item value is low and the package is sent via China Post to be handed to India Post.

I am aware that private couriers like Fedex/UPS/DHL etc trigger high customs but I've always had good luck for packages delivered via India Post. Japan/Korea/Germany all packages which were sent through the national post service in the past one year have arrived without a customs charge.

So anyone has an experience for packages coming China/Hong Kong?

As we are on the subject of ordering stuff from China , is banggood reliable ? Did anyone buy stuff from bang good and got their products delivered ?

Last edited:
Trying to order some smart watch batteries from Ali express. As usual the payment for India does not go through but the seller told to order from friend /relative address from any other country and then send the India address to him through message option and he will ship it to that address. Will that work? Also not sure how the cost will work out.

Trying to order some smart watch batteries from Ali express. As usual the payment for India does not go through but the seller told to order from friend /relative address from any other country and then send the India address to him through message option and he will ship it to that address. Will that work? Also not sure how the cost will work out.
You won't get buyer protection once the order is delivered at the first address, so do it at your own risk.

Bangood seem to be shipping most items to India now, at an extra fee. All my parcel have reached within 15 days without any customs. In the last 3 months or so, I have ordered multiple items with many being in the range of 10-12k each.

Bangood seem to be shipping most items to India now, at an extra fee. All my parcel have reached within 15 days without any customs. In the last 3 months or so, I have ordered multiple items with many being in the range of 10-12k each.
Did you use expedited shipping or India post ? I’m also planning to order iems from china. Not sure, which method to use. Both sides have their own pitfalls.

Did you use expedited shipping or India post ? I’m also planning to order iems from china. Not sure, which method to use. Both sides have their own pitfalls.
I ordered from banggood and used india direct mail for ₹200. Got my item in 10 days, tracked all the way through.

Currently Banggood has only one paid shipping method available. I used that. Orders come untracked till Delhi, from there shipped via Xpressbees or Delhivery.

Back