Has anyone used Indiamart?

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
Does anyone here have any experience with Indiamart?
How do you make payment and such?
What if the seller don't ship the product on time?
How do you filter reputed sellers from the bad ones? There are lots of sellers. I don't know whom to buy from. Also someone who gives samples would be great.
Is there any alternate website which ships metal hardware (non-electronic) and other accessories?

Indiamart is a b2b listing platform. Most sellers are into bulk selling i.e. you buy multiple quantities. Not many will entertain single order unless product value is high.
They wont give samples. Best would be to visit them if from same city. they have their own verified dealers listed next to name but there is no reputation rating as such.
There is no payment gateway so its upto sellers for payment terms.
There are some eCommerce b2b platforms like industrybuying and moglix which are popular and have payment options

Lack of payment gateway is too risky whether the seller is reputed or not. I think I'll stay away. I couldn't source the products locally so I was looking online.
I know about moglix but I didn't know it was "popular." They didn't even reply back to my messages lol. I waited for weeks. Couldn't even reach them.
Is industrybuying b2c?

I have bought from many sellers on Indiamart. Biggest order was 50k. It is a transaction based on trust, but I think they do have an escrow service as well. Have bought from Moglix and Industrybuying as well. Industrybuying can be slow at times, especially when handling refunds, but still never had bad experience with them till now. Moglix were very quick in shipping in all the times I ordered stuff from them.

I have a question about Indiamart. If there is no payment gateway. Who will handle if there's any problem with the order? Assuming I had already made the payment.
And moglix doesn't have some of the things which I'm looking for. Is there any other site which sell metal sheet hardware and the likes?

I have a question about Indiamart. If there is no payment gateway. Who will handle if there's any problem with the order? Assuming I had already made the payment.
And moglix doesn't have some of the things which I'm looking for. Is there any other site which sell metal sheet hardware and the likes?
If you are looking for something generic, then just try to find a dealer closest to you.
They do have an escrow process as they have advertised it to me at times, but I didn't explore that option.

Back