OC & Modding Haswell Prelude Build Log 2.0 Water Cooled

Does this look good or should i go with the red mayhem aurora

9lr6.jpg

It does look good. However I have seen people stick to the color scheme dictated by the mobo and work according to that.

Wow, I was looking all over the Internet and didn't realize we had an Aquacomputer user in the house. I am very interested in buying their Aquero 5 XT and their pump and RES. Are you using their fan controller or just programming via USB. I am a noob and I didn't find enough documentation online. Any idea how their flow and pressure sensors work. Also would like to know how their temperature sensors are installed so that we can create a curve control and control the fans and pump speeds. Also I have seen people add 2 pumps just for redundancy. Any plans of doing that.

Been Busy doing some crazy stuff to the 4770k

Delid using vice method didnt expect it to be so easy, chip didnt even go flying off the vice just stayed on.

d0bp.jpg

Chip after 20mins of cleaning.
jgk0.jpg

Temps dropped 12c using normal Koolance paste waiting for CLU to turn up should be able to gain 20c drop with that.

Farookh Sir, just curious - how did you remove that black glue from the chip board? Any solvent used in particular?

Warranty is a goner I guess. Any reason for delidding? It wasn't required with this LC in place.

Hi Gannu,
Used Xylene cleans very easy.
Ya delid just for the heck of it. but now when I look back its really not worth the risk and trouble just for a few deg. Plus like you said warranty is a goner.

x7gz.jpg

this turned up last week but had not time to reset, since i got time today reapplied the CLU tim

Temps peaked at 67C but through out the 2 hours stayed between 55-65C not bad.
Not bad i think it was 88 before the delid and CLU, now 67C so thats a nice drop of 21C.

75tz.png

Looks nice, If possible please post osomeOCCT benches, they will give a nice readout of the water loop, and how its doing....

Everything looking lovely.
Can you oplease PM me what TIN you are using and what you used to clean it, I will be redoing my CPU block soon I think thats why asking.
Also, I feel your chip can do more than 4.4Ghz, and that you are being modest by the 4.4OC.
I dont know about Haswell volts though I have not used any of those chips so far.

Thanks for the OCCT :)

Everything looking lovely.
Can you oplease PM me what TIN you are using and what you used to clean it, I will be redoing my CPU block soon I think thats why asking.
Also, I feel your chip can do more than 4.4Ghz, and that you are being modest by the 4.4OC.
I dont know about Haswell volts though I have not used any of those chips so far.

Thanks for the OCCT :)

It is the Cool Laboratory Liquid Ultra popularly known as CLU.

OP:
Any reason to choose CoolLab Liquid ULTRA over the PRO? Doesn't the PRO seem better for a dollar more?
I have ordered the PRO for myself thats why asked.

Back