Hathway and Bit-torrent!

anand

Disciple
Hi.. i just got the 256 plan from hathway.. my downloads max out at 25 kB/s.. i've got the first connection in my area... but my torrents aint working... i tried tornado, shareaza and comet... only comet works but maxes out at 2-3 kb/s.. help :( i tried arnd 15-20 torrents...
also does hathway allow sharing files on lan?

I'm planning to get hathway. (if I get this unlimited plan in my area). But if torrents don't work, it would be a waste. Anyone else having this problem?
I have absolutely no other alternative. Tata/Vsnl is 800/- for 64kbps and 2000/- for 128. MTNL only has the nighttime unlimited plan.

I dont think its hathways problem...maybe the torrent u r trying is not seeded enuf.

am not facing any prob as of now

could be your firewall too. do you have one installed? check the torrent client options to find out the port it is using. Open that port in your firewall settings (Internet/Trusted).

also give Azureus a shot.

yes i have done that... azureus works.. even comet works as i said before... everything is just very slow. my http's average at 25 but the torrents are just arnd 3-4.

give it some time. As draz saind, it could be that the torrent is not seeding completely.

AFAIK, Hathway and BT do not have anty problems. I know a guy who is on the same Hathway plan as yours and can download 2-2.2 GB a day.....

anand said:
Hi.. i just got the 256 plan from hathway.. my downloads max out at 25 kB/s.. i've got the first connection in my area... but my torrents aint working... i tried tornado, shareaza and comet... only comet works but maxes out at 2-3 kb/s.. help :( i tried arnd 15-20 torrents...

haha...ports blocked...me on hathway 128kbps, same prob....

even P2P, BT, etc diesnt work.....

Nikhil said:
give it some time. As draz saind, it could be that the torrent is not seeding completely.

AFAIK, Hathway and BT do not have anty problems. I know a guy who is on the same Hathway plan as yours and can download 2-2.2 GB a day.....

u wer refering to me weren't u nikhil...:eek:hyeah:

but of late i must say..not getting good speeds on BT..

yup..... referring to you only!!!!

But I didnt know that you were having rpblems....

am damn happy with my Airtel 256 for 999/- :eek:hyeah:

the stupid guys r telling me that the ports are blocked. any 1 uses hathway in mumbai under the same plan pls post here.. tell ur area too

Am using port 5000 with azureus as 6681 is blocked by hathway. I've contacted their GM.. and he has promised to get back to me. I am just getting 20 kb/s with azureus whereas i should get 28-30..

Hathway just sucks! I hv also bought their cable modem. So dad wont allow me to shift connections anytime soon!!

I've got 5 ISPs(Hathway, Pacenet, Exatt, Satyam, Tata, Om Guru(wireless)) in this complex and still i wud be stuck with this crappy connection :(

teknicsand said:
jus give some random port no above 10000...I'm not sure how you do port forwarding with hathway...

You use hathway? what speeds do u get for http/ftp downloads? i get around 20-22 kb/s and the download speed varies a lot.. 1 moment it is upto 32 kb/s and the next second it drops to 10 kb/s.. does this happen to u too?

I get steady 26kBps from http and ftp downloads with my hathway in blore

ares and wares downloads go upto 20
and torrents sucks bigtime...though it downloads upto 15 kBps sometimes

@anand --- It will be better if you go for Pacenet. Blade_Runner uses it and gets amazing speeds....

But of course, as you said, you cannot shift now itself. Bad luck abt that...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nikhil said:
@anand --- It will be better if you go for Pacenet. Blade_Runner uses it and gets amazing speeds....

But of course, as you said, you cannot shift now itself. Bad luck abt that...

Yeah, i know pacenet provides nice speeds. i have tried it here on a friend's pbook.
However, i might still go in with the wireless guy... which will take out the last mile CTO problem. The guy offers nice packages.. 512 kbps untld for 1500

Last edited by a moderator:
anand said:
You use hathway? what speeds do u get for http/ftp downloads? i get around 20-22 kb/s and the download speed varies a lot.. 1 moment it is upto 32 kb/s and the next second it drops to 10 kb/s.. does this happen to u too?

I get 15.5KBps avg speed on FTP/HTTP dloads...but thanks to a cyberoam bug, i get >70KBps constant :D

Back