Hathway and Bit-torrent!

today some sucko called up from hathway and told me that the max speed during the day wud be 128 kbps :O he said it was an "upto 256 kbps" connection..

just sums up.. even their GM is a cold guy...

try g3 torrents.....anand..prob mayb u r not getting a seeded torrent......and if u hav options channge the net...ppl lik me dont hav options so we stay with hathway....i used to get max 16kBps on torrents..but now i m dependent on limewire and ares...20-25 avg

they've confirmed to me that they're indeed blocking port 6681... am using port 5000 now.. but now max speed i get is 128 kbps even on http... they say it's their max daytime speed..

am using hathway more out of sheer bad luck... there are 4 confirmed and 2 upcoming ISPs in my building.. bah why did i have to buy this modem for 3k!

u shd hav rented the modem...which i did so.....i know... mtnl will sometime in future may com with good plan...and heard tata has also invested 25000crore 4 broadband xpansion plan...also lookin 4 wimax to spread in india......

anand said:
Hi.. i just got the 256 plan from hathway.. my downloads max out at 25 kB/s.. i've got the first connection in my area... but my torrents aint working... i tried tornado, shareaza and comet... only comet works but maxes out at 2-3 kb/s.. help :( i tried arnd 15-20 torrents...
also does hathway allow sharing files on lan?

can u help me how to get connected to lan as i know p2p sharing and i downloaded more than 60 gb and i want to share with all other in thane
please tell me what are step to be followed to get LAN connected

Rajes09 said:
can u help me how to get connected to lan as i know p2p sharing and i downloaded more than 60 gb and i want to share with all other in thane
please tell me what are step to be followed to get LAN connected
losss guess one more leachers on lan for thane chiii
now the sean suxxx a bigg time dude with tata 2mbps plan closing :p

i use hatway 128 ul used to cost 1200 rs / 3months
they hiked it to 1500 rs / 3 months these ISP dont like to keep best of there plans running

i have no probs using torrents .. by the way i use private torrents mainly

i get green check mark on u torrent in default port

I have a Hathway 256 unlimited account and I get good download speeds as can be seen in attached picture (the white line indicates the 256kbps speed), its been like this for most of my downloads unless there is a problem with the cable conx itself - which is quite seldom now days. I use Utorrent with port 1723.

Try using bitcomet, had a similar problem with my previous ISP, utorrent and azureus gave 2- 3 kbps but somehow the download speed in bitcomet was around 24 - 27 kbps.

Eazy said:
I have a Hathway 256 unlimited account and I get good download speeds as can be seen in attached picture (the white line indicates the 256kbps speed), its been like this for most of my downloads unless there is a problem with the cable conx itself - which is quite seldom now days. I use Utorrent with port 1723.

EASY u have CISCO CAS STB from hathway na .. pl post some pics and also ur eXp about it

sumedhmumbai said:
EASY u have CISCO CAS STB from hathway na .. pl post some pics and also ur eXp about it

No... Hathway supplied me Humax STB's ... they are terrible, I have to whack the remote every time before I can press any buttons, all 3 remotes have the same problem. :(

hi friends,

sorry for late comment But my comment will satisfy all of the user question.

I prefer to use "Bit torrent" and "U torrent". its around 1 year over i had downloaded plenty of movies, softwares, games.

I get awesome speed which is equal to transfer rate.
currently i have 1mbs plan i get maximum of 115 kbps speed which makes my movies to downloaded in 2-3 hrs (condition is that Seeders for that moive should be good in number)

i dont understand why u get so slow speed.
if ur speed is to slow than i recommend to download these software to speed up as i use it.

tuneup utilities.
best antivirus like norton 360 or kaspersky internet security.

on of the condition for ur ip address is that it should be kep in "automatically get ip address" mode.

definately it will work.

i download in a month of average 20gb of movies.

currently i had more than 100gb of all latest movies.

my hard disk is so full that it limit my downlaod.

ok great guys...

hope it will definately work......
:hap2::hap2::hap2::hap2::hap2:

Back