Hathway users are connected on MAN across mumbai...

I have just found that hathway users are connected across mumbai through the large cable network. Unlike other cable internet (LAN) users, hathway users due to coax have better bandwidth and get better speeds. I just did a directConnect in Limewire with a frnd of mine and got speeds close to 4Mbps on sharing files with him and he stays about 30 kms across Mumbai. I was very amazed to see such high speeds and decided to find out if really we are connected through a MAN...

I think we could create DC++ hubs across Mumbai and share data through it, unlike localized hubs which other cable internet users have to do. But for this purposes we need to connect using the HFC IP, which is in the range of 10.xxx.xxx.xxx and not the normal static IP addresses that we r given... Any1 ready to discuss and try creating a hub and share data??

i tried to direct connect to my friend using direct connect but couldnt . we both are on hathway 64kbps ultd conn. can u plz explain in detail. btw dc++ hub is a good idea

How did u do the Direct connect with ur friend? What IP address did u put?? Im sure it was the normal static IP that u put in windows na?? That wouldnt help coz then it becomes internet sharing...we wanna do MAN sharing....for actual use of directConnect we have to use the HFC IP...and not the static IP.

hi...i may be going in for a hathway connection in a few days, as my Globcast provided sify is giving a lot of problems....i will join the talk as soon as i get the connection...BTW hows the download and surfing speed for hathway

devp24 said:
hi...i may be going in for a hathway connection in a few days, as my Globcast provided sify is giving a lot of problems....i will join the talk as soon as i get the connection...BTW hows the download and surfing speed for hathway

I find it quite good... just mayb 5-10Kbps less than promised !!

i AN My Friend tried To Share Our Files Through Google Talk And Found tht The Transfer Of Files Took Place At A About 20 To 30 kbps r mORE n i think it could be better than tht mayb in mbps will try tht out n will let u'll know sometime later ........
UNLIKE THE NORMAL delay tht i face at times while talking in google talk .it did'nt happen so ......... also the data transfered through google talk sharing is not counted by them

lionel_noronha said:
i AN My Friend tried To Share Our Files Through Google Talk And Found tht The Transfer Of Files Took Place At A About 20 To 30 kbps r mORE n i think it could be better than tht mayb in mbps will try tht out n will let u'll know sometime later ........
UNLIKE THE NORMAL delay tht i face at times while talking in google talk .it did'nt happen so ......... also the data transfered through google talk sharing is not counted by them

U using Google Talk... means u r going through the internet route and that means that it'll be depending on the subscription service that u r using... So u won get the speeds Im talking of... u need to directConnect like DC++ or Limewire using the HFC IP and then u'll get those speeds in MBps!!

hathway speed is very slow as claimed.they claim 256kbps on installation but on checking they say it is anything btw 100 -200 kbps.I had installed DU meter software (www.dumeter.com)and even after shutting all auto updates my meter shows continuos download which when verified on their site is matching.due to the above problem and slooooooo............w speed i changed to MTNL triband and i surf at breezing speeds on the same 256 kbps line.confirm with other hathway users personally and practically

sunbiz_3000 said:
U using Google Talk... means u r going through the internet route and that means that it'll be depending on the subscription service that u r using... So u won get the speeds Im talking of... u need to directConnect like DC++ or Limewire using the HFC IP and then u'll get those speeds in MBps!!
Im the friend lionel is talking of ,

Ya we used google talk and he sent me a 600mb file in half an hour. Lionel is a noob at internet speeds thats why he mentioned 20kbps:p its actually around 2Mbps+

btw we are both on 64kbps ultd ,hathway webtime i think

We also set up a hamachi network and got speeds of 1MBps but not as much as google talk

Why dont we use a hamachi network to share files, why go for dc++
we can do file sharing + gaming at lan speeds
I also found that the data transfers done through hamachi were not counted by hathway:huh:

@lionel: what the hell did u type in that post, I could hardly understand anything

im on hathway internet........iwant to know whts the hfcip stuff..the one u put in local area properties......internet protocol etc???

max_ds said:
Ya we used google talk and he sent me a 600mb file in half an hour. Lionel is a noob at internet speeds thats why he mentioned 20kbps:p its actually around 2Mbps+
It took you half an Hour to get a 600MB file @2Mbps.:huh:
I had downloaded a 700MB file in roughly 12 minutes flat @1Mbps.Btw are you 2 staying close enough? If yes then why not host a Hub for yourselves and get nearly 9Mbps speeds over DC++ or ODC.

I am more in favour of Hamaci cos, we can game as well as do file sharing
Also , I dont know anything about DC++
btw
600MB in 30 min = 2.67Mbps
I guess in ur case ur talking of MBps

but u guys transfer using GTalk right??? and u r getting such high speeds?? Do u guys have a cable modem or r u guys connected through an ethernet cable??

well guys why dont ya all post ur hub details out here ( whoever is runnin hub or whtever) so da other guys can join ya !!!!!!

i also have hathway conn.

plz someone post hubs add if any

or if someone id willing to connect plz give some info

i live in thane

Back