Hauppauge PVR 150 + MCE Remote Crazy Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.
note to buyers..

do check out the product's user reviews on newegg.

lots of ppl have complained that it does not support 4gigs of memory..

as has been confirmed by hauppage cc too. if you have >4gigs, you'll need to remove the extra ram OR use maxmem.

^^^ i am using it with 4 gigs right now on Vista Ultimate.

Dont have an idea what newegg people r talking about.

Vista doesnt need ne drivers either its got it built in.

@Farookh

Can yoy actually see if the card is a 150 and not a 1600 as Hauppauge is giving the 1600 in the 150 box. Thanks!

EDIT: Iam out dude, want the money somewhere else. Sorry for the inconvineance caused :)

Great Card..unles you have >3GB of RAM

Reviewed By: on 4/18/2008

Rating + 3Rating + 3Rating + 3Rating + 3Rating + 3

Tech Level: high - Ownership: 1 month to 1 year

Pros: Great price, decent picture quality, works right out of the box with Windows Media Center on Vista and is supported by almost every PVR software out there.

Cons: ..well, it was great until I upgraded to 4GB or RAM. Now I get a blank screen and no audio. Unlike most in this situation though, I can actually get video and audio after a reboot, but once I quit Media Center and try to watch TV again..Blank screen. Hauppauge apparently has been working on a new driver to address this issue, but after more than a year of waiting, I have little hope. Which is really too bad, it's such a great card otherwise.

Did you find this review helpful? Yes No

Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!

Beware of 64 bit OS memory restrictions

Reviewed By: on 4/8/2008

Rating + 3Rating + 3Rating + 3Rating + 3Rating + 3

Tech Level: high - Ownership: 1 month to 1 year

This user purchased this item from Newegg.com

Pros: Great TV tuner when drivers are working properly in 32 bit OS or 64 bit OS with 3GB of memory or less.

Cons: 3 GB memory limit in 64 bit OS confirmed by Hauppauge tech support. When I picked up this product I was using 32 bit XP with my RAM maxed. Then I switched over to Vista 64 bit. Unknowing to me and not explicitly stated in their manual, this product is limited at the time of this writing to the max memory supported by 32 bit XP or Vista. Namely ~3GB. When I initially tried to watch TV with 4GB of memory the tuner did not work. Then I used msconfig to limit my memory (after contacting tech support) to 3.12GB and everything works fine at the cost of losing some of my memory. Therefore if you've planning on using Vista 64 with more than 3GB of memory you've going to have to wait until Hauppauge updates their drivers (if they ever do since it's been over a year and they still haven't released them).

This is what i read on newegg, at this link

nd these are the overall reviews..

^^^^First of all the card review and the ones i got are not same.
This has Cable & FM RF input and RCA input for video caputre and no remote input(remote rec is usb in this model.)
Also he mentioned only of 64bit over 4gb i am personally using this card in Vista Ultimate 32 bit with 4gb and have no issues.
So instead of posting someone elses review dont u think my word would be more reliable than his.

100% Gauranteed to work with Vista Ultimate 32bit 4Gb ram

farookh said:
This has Cable & FM RF input and RCA input for video caputre and no remote input(remote rec is usb in this model.)
Also he mentioned only of 64bit over 4gb i am personally using this card in Vista Ultimate 32 bit with 4gb and have no issues.
So instead of posting someone elses review dont u think my word would be more reliable than his.

Difenetly worth your words.

No.5-9 will be avail for shipping today if i get the stuff early or latest tommorrow.
10-16 Day after tommrrow.

Or if all agree as according to payment received but dont worry all 16 will get the card.

farookh said:

100% Gauranteed to work with Vista Ultimate 32bit 4Gb ram

hmmmm..but using 4gb ram on 32 bit OS wud mean u are using only 3.1 gb of ram actually, the recent patch just lets you see total system memory as 4gb, but actual usage wud still be 3.12 GB. Though i dont use 4gb hence it doesnt concern me, but i guess anyone concerned should do his research properly before buying.

@farookh

i'm not questioning your or anyone else's integrity. I saw the thread, got interested and decided to look around a little bit, came up on whatever ive posted over at newegg.. and decided to put it here. nowhere was i questioning/doubting you. all i was doing was providing the source from which i had obtained the info in my previous post.

no offence mate.

@all...

if farookh has gotten it to work... well, i dont have anything to say do i? :)

This card has incredible image quality. A million billion times better than anything else I've seen so far. I got one in bangalore for 1330 bux all inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back