Hayai Broadband is Fake!

Do you think Hayai broadband is Fake?

• Total voters
I never asked you to be my servant
You are making demands as if we have some kind of master/servant relationship and I am obliged to do what you tell me.

and don't forget you are the claiming to have ISP license and You are the one who is again saying you do not have ISP license.
Are you really not getting it? Hayai - as an entity - consists of a few different companies, as I have already mentioned to you. Any MBA will tell you that having only one company for operations in certain industries - especially this one - is a bad idea. The main reason behind our doing this? Everyone wants 51% (or more).

Of course, if I gave 51% away, I'd be screwed because then I would be forced to do what *every* frickin finance guy wanted us to do and go "mass market", which means we'd be stuck offering half-megabit plans for Rs250 or some BS, and we wouldn't even *have* 100mbit/s plans because they would be deemed "too expensive" for more people. Tikona sold 70% when they got funded - look how well that went for them. Bugger that, I'm not going to let a bunch of accountants ruin what we wanted to offer.

Hayai is a brand name. The company HBPL - the name you are asking about in your RTI requests and the name you are looking for on all the DoT documentation - does not have a license - this has been said before. We started out piggybacking on someone elses license (this was public knowledge at the time) until that agreement ran out, and now the licensing company (which I am declining to name here on purpose) takes care of that side of things. Those that pay us a visit will see the name of that company and the signed license with the seal on it.

I don't see how that doesn't call you a Fake. That's why thread title is justified again as you have felt it as a attack on you I have personally asked the mods to Edit the title and remove your name.
Too late. Do you really think I'm that naive that I'm just going to drop all this because you're removing my name from the title? The damage is done, it is already out there.

What is the Big Problem you are seeing right now if you tell me those IP addresses/ AS no?
How convenient that you edit your screenshots.

I don't get it. Seriously i am unable to understand your motives?
And I yours. This whole argument bears absolutely no relevence to you, even *if* the whole operation was a sham - being you are in Hyderabad and we do not claim to cover Hyderabad.

I am happy to take up your offer but Initially without Proper documents how to belive you operate an ISP? [/quote]
What exactly did you think I was going to bring you to Mumbai to see? The shops at the airport? The bullet holes from the 2008 terror attacks? Lamington road?

Even the video is unclear and Except Speed Nothing can be noticed on that video which was recently published.
That video is actually rather old (>1 year IIRC). It was recently moved from one YT account to another.

As far as your sentence about investments is concerned: of course we need(ed) investments! How ludicrous for you to assume otherwise. Do you think I'm going to be paying people in IOUs or sexual favours or something?

Has it occured to you that, even though I've said publicly that we're currently in a funding round and as such there are many things I will not discuss, it might be my intention to be keeping mum about certain things?

Has it also occured to you that your public actions and attempts to antagonize me might be causing some people concern, and if it doesn't happen because of you then all of our endeavours may be at risk?

Seriously, how daft can you be? And who do you think I'm going to be seeking restitution from?

Well you have said that Hayai has an License and you keep on reiterating that. Look back at your old posts when you have mentioned that this Whole Breaking up in to Sub Companies thing. Just when i said I will file an RTI and it is on Forums check it.
http://www.techenclave.com/communit...volutionary-new-isp.72082/page-5#post-1871736

You have not mentioned before that.

How convenient that you edit your screenshots.

- Well you claimed it and i took a Screenshot with my Reply. Its still on Record on my twitter so that anyone can check it and judge your words.

- How do we know that the video is 1 year old Upload date is 30AUG-13. Because you said just now this has come to our attention.

Hayai is a brand name. The company HBPL - the name you are asking about in your RTI requests and the name you are looking for on all the DoT documentation - does not have a license - this has been said before. We started out piggybacking on someone elses license (this was public knowledge at the time) until that agreement ran out, and now the licensing company (which I am declining to name here on purpose) takes care of that side of things. Those that pay us a visit will see the name of that company and the signed license with the seal on it.
Then why do you claim you have one? After an old fiasco before 2 years, you should have learnt claiming things would hurt your business.
There might be funding process or other legal transfer process going out, I am not denying it. But Repeatedly saying will only make ME doubt you more and more and You should have Ended the Twitter conversation by saying " I cannot comment as such, I will let you know when we are launching/Launched".

Realize fault is at your End mate. Blaming or threatening me is not Going to help.

I'll be honest, that article is poorly written and has a lot of questionable points, and we're looking at a news post made in the year 2011. I am not talking about grammar or spell-check, but the fact that 'proofs' pointed over there are nothing more than his quotes being put together from different time and via different forums- and then an interview. Technically, whoever wrote that content (TT staff as author's name rather than the actual person's name- go figure!) didn't post any solid evidence at all. It raises certain suspicion- of which some people already had (nobody was excited or hyped like how you claim, but we really wanted to see someone do something about it) but then most were silent and hoping for the best since it was something new. Some of those points are silly. Though there's a significant population that does use internet for downloading pirated content- but so does a lot of countries, and besides why should ISPs should be watchdogs? At max, they should provide information if the concerned authorities require that information. This is the worst excuse to stifle the speed of the connection and implement moronic FUPs. For a guy who is asking solid proof, he didn't put up solid proof himself of how he deemed 95% of the population does that. A lot of them do, but a specific percentage was put up.

The one of many sentences are also pretty silly:
Firstly in (overcrowded) Mumbai there isn’t that much demand for Internet itself, forget alone the high speed fiber.
Seriously? What does the writer mean by 'isn't much demand for internet itself'? 0_o
Don't misunderstand. I am talking about the article. I am not saying one is guilty or one is innocent, that's something that the writer should prove. Whoever wrote that article seem to have posted with haste, vague knowledge, assumptions and adding it all up calling one as fake or fraud, and telling people not to go for it based on no actual solid proof. Investigative journalism is where you put actual proof that backs up your suspicion that you express and you present it in a neutral manner for people to decide who is write or who is wrong. I am however questioning the quality of the investigation and saying that it raises questions about the writer rather than raising suspicion about the ISP. Therefore, using a reference like this to call someone fraud or fake or whatever doesn't really make sense.

Rather than striking down old points and putting up a corrected content, if the writer of the article re-writes while the content is published also raises credibility and research of this so-called investigative journalism. One who uses the words 'journalism', of all people, should know that.

Add a third option "No idea" in the poll for the members to maintain a neutral standing- for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Well you have said that Hayai has an License and you keep on reiterating that. Look back at your old posts when you have mentioned that this Whole Breaking up in to Sub Companies thing. Just when i said I will file an RTI and it is on Forums check it.
http://www.techenclave.com/communit...volutionary-new-isp.72082/page-5#post-1871736

You have not mentioned before that.
Not to you, but why should I have to mention it at all? I have no obligation to be transparent to you as to how I operate my company, so long as I don't do anything outright illegal.

- Well you claimed it and i took a Screenshot with my Reply. Its still on Record on my twitter so that anyone can check it and judge your words.
No disagreement, however, it lacks context which is where my complaint with it lies.

- How do we know that the video is 1 year old Upload date is 30AUG-13. Because you said just now this has come to our attention.
[/quote]
Because if you checked the other videos publicly available on Youtube you'd see that it already existed on another channel and would recognize it as the same video which has already been up for I guess about a year. You're the one doing all the investigations here, not me. Just like with much of the other information which you're asking me for but is in many cases already publicly available *somewhere*, how is it all of a sudden my fault that you didn't find something as simple as a duplicate video on a public channel on my regular username on Youtube? Presumably you neglected to look, figuring "AHA! I've found more crap to throw at his face! I win at the Internet!"

In reality, it seems that you want me to hand you every single tiny piece of information - even those that you have no rights to - on a platinum platter; and because I am either refusing to do so or ignoring you or whatever - in part because you don't even live within 500km of where we have service and as such what I say/do doesn't concern you at all - you think you have the right to sit there and accuse me of this and that and the other *and* to interfere with people seeking out our service?

Sorry, but I've got news for you, and it's all bad.

Anyone else, however, who has registered will be invited to an event where they can see, do and verify whatever they'd like. And just so you know this isn't a push for people to subscribe, it's open to people who have registered till *this minute* (whether they are currently active or not), and they will need to bring their IDs and customer ID. Only people listed on the invite will be allowed in, so this will include people like aasimenator but not anyone who registers after now just to try and be nosey. I don't know yet when it will be, but once organized, the invite will have the required details.

Then why do you claim you have one? After an old fiasco before 2 years, you should have learnt claiming things would hurt your business.
1. Are you seriously trying to disclaim your role?
2. HBPL is *not* the only company involved in "Hayai". HOW ARE YOU STILL NOT GETTING IT??

There might be funding process or other legal transfer process going out, I am not denying it. But Repeatedly saying will only make ME doubt you more and more and You should have Ended the Twitter conversation by saying " I cannot comment as such, I will let you know when we are launching/Launched".
1. One of the first tweets I wrote to you asked you to stop. Yet you persisted. There were subsequent ones that went ignored by you and then ones where you attempted to antagonize me by telling me to "grow some balls", among other things. I'd told you even last year that "I do not discuss these things on Twitter" etc. Are you seriously trying to make me out as the aggressor here? Why do you force me to repeat myself? Do I need to post my own screenshots?
2. We *have* launched. You also seem to be forgetting that you interacted with one of our subscribers a few months back, but that would be too inconvenient for your argument, wouldn't it?
3. Businesses need funding after launch too. Or were you unaware that financing options for businesses who require capital to *expand* is a much larger market than the financing options for startups?

Realize fault is at your End mate. Blaming or threatening me is not Going to help.
I'm not the one calling me fake. That would be weird.

Last edited:
1. Are you seriously trying to disclaim your role?
2. HBPL is *not* the only company involved in "Hayai". HOW ARE YOU STILL NOT GETTING IT??
Frankly speaking, I have tried to investigate whatever the content you have been claiming and whatever the video content was there on your channels based on the upload date. Now i am not Changing my words like you.
2. I got the point later when you Told me later. Do not have any problem in understanding. But you failed to specify it before my Question Do you(Hayai) has an license? "Yes" was the answer. That Tells ME or the other Guy Reading it that you have License in the name of Hayai that's why i have been insisting you to tell the name and show it.

In Good Spirit I am Seriously Interested in Ending this conversation Here rather than waste my time on this. Well, I will agree again i have tried to investigate your claims on the basis of what you've told earlier on twitter. After that moment you have come here to TE and Explain that License/legal Transfer processes are Going on and Hence you are declining to provide the document to public. That is what you should have told on twitter.
Given what you have spoken on twitter and my response are Clear Pics and linked Twitter conversations have the entire stuff which i claimed. At the end of this I just Felt I shouldn't have used your name and That thing has been removed.
As thing is about hayai, the name will be remain and above accusations will remain on the thread.. I would like to see to a Review from @aasimenator and other Real users. I want you to answer your critics including me via Real users and keep their mouth shut with a Clear Video Speedtest and with the stuff you have claimed to own on the name of Hayai or its sister companies. get my drift?

Last edited:
Frankly speaking, I have tried to investigate whatever the content you have been claiming and whatever the video content was there on your channels based on the upload date. Now i am not Changing my words like you.
1. Clearly you didn't, otherwise you would have noticed that the video was identical.
2. Changing my words compared to last week, no. Changing my words compared to 2+ years ago. Damn right I am. A lot has happened in that time. We also changed the original plans to start our minimum speeds at 2 and later 5mbps... Things change.

2. I got the point later when you Told me later. Do not have any problem in understanding. But you failed to specify it before my Question Do you(Hayai) has an license? "Yes" was the answer. That Tells ME or the other Guy Reading it that you have License in the name of Hayai that's why i have been insisting you to tell the name and show it.
That would be nitpicking. It's like complaining that Gwalior Cable & Datacom doesn't have a license even though it is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hathway Cable and Datacom Limited. HBPL has a similar arrangement with it's parent(s), as I have already mentioned to you numerous times, and as I have done before, I must continue to decline to name that parent at this time due to the things we are currently undertaking. You may also remember asking about this time last year and similarly being declined at that time also. Right around the same time you started interacting with Shiv. Remember him?

In Good Spirit I am Seriously Interested in Ending this conversation Here rather than waste my time on this. Well, I will agree again i have tried to investigate your claims on the basis of what you've told earlier on twitter. After that moment you have come here to TE and Explain that License/legal Transfer processes are Going on and Hence you are declining to provide the document to public. That is what you should have told on twitter.
I did. Around a year ago - I re-checked your twitter feed, it's still there. Circumstances did not change since then. This is partly my fault. Actually a significant part is my fault. But that's not the issue being raised.

Given what you have spoken on twitter and my response are Clear Pics and linked Twitter conversations have the entire stuff which i claimed.
I'm not sure I understand this sentence as it does not seem coherantly phrased. Nodding & agreeing.

At the end of this I just Felt I shouldn't have used your name and That thing has been removed.
Irrespective of that, you did. Like it or not, your little smear campaign does have the potential to cause some kind of damage. Whether it does or not remains to be seen.

As thing is about hayai, the name will be remain and above accusations will remain on the thread.. I would like to see to a Review from @aasimenator and other Real users. I want you to answer your critics including me via Real users and keep their mouth shut with a Clear Video Speedtest and with the stuff you have claimed to own on the name of Hayai or its sister companies. get my drift?
Once a day has been organized for them to do so, you can get some independent reviews.

@Swatkats.. Man..! At the end of it all, you aren't even sure what Mgcarley would gain from what you are accusing him of doing. *Facepalm* "To make people aware of this phony company and No one should waste their time and money on this fake broadband unless and until some proper ISP license is provided" Umm.. Well.. The only person wasting his time here is you. Besides, Hayai hasn't been asking people to make payments in advance. So, your statement makes no sense.. If you really were a person who doesn't tolerate false claims and such, you would've been talking about cases where companies are actually ripping people off, and not Hayai.

@Swatkats.. Man..! At the end of it all, you aren't even sure what Mgcarley would gain from what you are accusing him of doing. *Facepalm* "To make people aware of this phony company and No one should waste their time and money on this fake broadband unless and until some proper ISP license is provided" Umm.. Well.. The only person wasting his time here is you. Besides, Hayai hasn't been asking people to make payments in advance. So, your statement makes no sense.. If you really were a person who doesn't tolerate false claims and such, you would've been talking about cases where companies are actually ripping people off, and not Hayai.

Actually it may not be yours / my money but there are investors involved in this business (like any other), that we don't know anything about (that's ok) but how Hayai is received here on forums or anywhere else it is being discussed is closely related to the amount of money the investors will invest. That may be why MgCarley is & was so active on forums & elsewhere to show investors that there is a buzz for this. The more hype created for Hayai = more investors joining & giving money to Hayai, Maybe Hayai did not have any Infrastructure whatsoever and started the topics on forum, Investors saw this opportunity and jumped in, Hayai finally got the money to start buying stuff. So yeah there is money involved but its not yours or mine.

I must continue to decline to name that parent at this time due to the things we are currently undertaking.
This comment of his makes me think that Hayai is just a local cablewala types :) No license Class A just reselling what is being sold to him. I am pretty sure that this parent company would be one of the more bigger ISP's (TATA, Reliance, maybe even SYSCON / YOU or even HNS) & if thats the case that Hayai's Parent company has a license, MgCarely cannot claim that license as its OWN!!!

That's my allegation also.
A company cannot run without Investors. True.
The bitter truth is Investment just doesn't come just like that. They have to show they run an ISP at least with limited coverage and they have to promise they can Grow at (?)% Etc..

Last edited:
Just Said. That's my allegation also.
A company cannot run without Investors. True.
The bitter truth is Investment just doesn't come just like that. They have to show they run an ISP at least with limited coverage and they have to promise they can Grow at (?)% Etc..

I am not defending anyone, but what you are saying is not necessarily true. I agree with aasimenator. Here is my take on whatever this is.

He had an idea of the way internet services should be provided. He shares these ideas on the tech forums and people like what they see. Maybe it was his plan all along or maybe he now realizes that this hype/goodwill can be used to rake in investors. The thing is not every piece of the puzzle falls into place. When you have your own money then you can do whatever you want, but when it is someone else's money the gameplan changes a lot. It is not at all easy to start a business and a lot of times you have to make compromises and revisit your strategies and sometimes even go back on the promises you made because it just isn't as profitable as you thought it would be.
One would expect that if that happens, that person would come out and tell the world that he is sorry he couldn't deliver on those promises. But in business, that would be a suicide. Nobody in their right mind would ever do that, because even if you or I would appreciate the honesty, we would never even look at their offerings again even if they eventually prove to be the best out there.
If you are expecting him to apologize or stop making these tall claims then I would say you are acting a bit naive. If failing to deliver on promises was a criminal offence, all the elected representatives would be in jails.
You have every right to investigate and voice your opinions but only for your sake, I would suggest that you sit down and think that is this even worth your time and effort. If you believe it is, then more power to you.
Just my 2 cents.

Our Friend on TE had filed an RTI and he got the Reply as Expected.
dgqB7GJ.jpg?1

PS: RTI works.

Back