Laptops HCL Laptops

cheap and rubbish build quality battery life and performance!!

hcl/zenith all of them are the same--look the same and perform the same bcoz they are bought from the same oem which makes it and they brand the laptops and sell them.

go for dell/samsung/acer if you have a low budget.

sunny27 said:
cheap and rubbish build quality battery life and performance!!
hcl/zenith all of them are the same--look the same and perform the same bcoz they are bought from the same oem which makes it and they brand the laptops and sell them.
go for dell/samsung/acer if you have a low budget.

i would say not really. i hv a friend using a hcl laptop and it has been almost two years and it is still working without trouble. i have atleast read more than one reviews on the zenith gaming lappy here on te and the users seemed quite satisfied.

all laptop are in the end are made from standard components. what is different is the build of the chasis and the level of support offered.

at the given prices of hcl/zenith laptop they are quite good vfm. far better than acer atleast. though if you are looking for looks you might be disappointed.

bitsandpieces said:
i would say not really. i hv a friend using a hcl laptop and it has been almost two years and it is still working without trouble. i have atleast read more than one reviews on the zenith gaming lappy here on te and the users seemed quite satisfied.

all laptop are in the end are made from standard components. what is different is the build of the chasis and the level of support offered.

at the given prices of hcl/zenith laptop they are quite good vfm. far better than acer atleast. though if you are looking for looks you might be disappointed.

+1 to this...

Raider123 said:
+1 to this...

+1 from me also.
I have also used HCL lappy for like 2-2.5 years. here is the high light of config.

1.8 GHz Intel proccy(dont remember dual core or not)
2 GB ram
80GB HDD
Onboard graphics
13.? screen (1200X800)
Win XP Pro SP2

The laptop was fully used as a download/education/light gaming/mobile machine.
- Not a single time I had formatted the HDD. Or re-installed the OS:clap:
- Was used in playing CS at my college home LAN for like 2 year. And Never faced any issues.:cool2: We had 4 PCs and my laptop. so we had created our own LAN cafe. :p:p
- Also I have traveled a lot . When I say a lot, means really A LOT.
- Yes, after 2 years fan got malfunctioned. And It was replaced within 2 days by HCL Service Guys. :hap2:
- Even Rgiht now my father is using that same laptop since last 7-8 months. But no complaints from him also.:p

So I would say for entry level laptops, and for people whose budget is really an issue, they can definitely think about HCL.

nandu26 said:
I want opinions about HCL laptops. Is it good with regard to performance?

Hey if budget is your real constraint then you can look for Acer laptops aspire series. HCL laptops are good but not great in terms of configurations,looks and performance. So choose carefully before purchasing one.:hap2:

Back