Graphic Cards HD 5670 512 MB Vs HD5670 1 GB

prince_20003

Disciple
:S

Is there any gr8 performance difference between these two?

and wats exactly price difference between the two ?
:S

plzz help guys...

i m on very tight budget ,,n m medium kind of gamer...

no difference at all except in higher resolutions and of course,GTA4.HD 5670 is more of a budget card, so i don't think you will be playing at 1650*1080 or 1920*1280 or some higher resolutions.If on a tight budget get the HD 5670 512mb version as there is considerable price diff between the 512mb and 1gb version.almost 1k, i think.

crvinay_4u said:
no difference at all except in higher resolutions and of course,GTA4.HD 5670 is more of a budget card, so i don't think you will be playing at 1650*1080 or 1920*1280 or some higher resolutions.If on a tight budget get the HD 5670 512mb version as there is considerable price diff between the 512mb and 1gb version.almost 1k, i think.

but considering for games coming in another 1 or 1 n half years which will be better...:huh:

Games a year from now will support dx11 and make heavy use of tessallation, something this card already struggles with. It's a great card for current releases, and older titles, but future proof, it is not.
Get the 512mb version, and save yourself some cash.

iamddevil said:
Games a year from now will support dx11 and make heavy use of tessallation, something this card already struggles with. It's a great card for current releases, and older titles, but future proof, it is not.
Get the 512mb version, and save yourself some cash.
thats sound some logic... :)

anyways now little more confusion...:huh:

GTS 250 or HD5670 (512 MB) ??
these two almost priced nearly same ....now which one to get ??:S

depends on your gaming resolution, psu, and how power efficient you want to be.

the 250 is faster, but needs a better psu, and consumes more power.

iamddevil said:
depends on your gaming resolution, psu, and how power efficient you want to be.

the 250 is faster, but needs a better psu, and consumes more power.

wr8_utd said:
If they are priced nearly the same then with PSU included GTS 250 will become more expensive..

yaaa .. both are true.... again confused :p

GTS250 is definitely a better performer but it'll need a good PSU too..

HD5670 won't properly utilize 1GB VRAM so its pointless to spend extra money on a 1GB version..512mb is just enough for this card..

111diablo111 said:
GTS250 is definitely a better performer but it'll need a good PSU too..

HD5670 won't properly utilize 1GB VRAM so its pointless to spend extra money on a 1GB version..512mb is just enough for this card..

yaa...thats seems ok for me now..... as i will be upgrading my GPU and PSU after abt 1 n half year ,,,its ok to go for hd5670 --512 MB variant for now...

111diablo111 said:
yaa that will be a wise decision :)

hello 111diablo111,

my config

Athlon II X4 630
Gigabyte MA785GMT US2H
4 GB DDr3 1333 MHz
Gigabyte 460 Superb
CM Elite 310
500 Gb HDD saegate
Now HD 5670;)

tell me except gfx card whther rest config will give decent performance in coming 4 yrs ??

i will only upgrade Gfx card n PSU ...in coming 1 n half year ...whether rest config is fine for decent performance in coming 4 yrs ??

if u'll change ur gpu in next 1-1.5yr span den i suggest u to go for GTS250/HD4850..cuz dere rn't much DX11 games floating around in the market n also ur PSU n gud enough for both cards..GTS250/HD4850 performs much better in DX9/10..

so if u can stretch just few xtra bucks for GTS250 or HD4850 den its cool otherwise go for HD5670 512mb..

111diablo111 said:
if u'll change ur gpu in next 1-1.5yr span den i suggest u to go for GTS250/HD4850..cuz dere rn't much DX11 games floating around in the market n also ur PSU n gud enough for both cards..GTS250/HD4850 performs much better in DX9/10..

so if u can stretch just few xtra bucks for GTS250 or HD4850 den its cool otherwise go for HD5670 512mb..

yaa....abt card i got wat u wanna tell me.....

But i was asking u abt rest of the config .....not card/psu

Is rest config is good enuf to perform for next 4 yrs,,,,since i dnt wish to upgrade rest of config in next 4 years...

prince_20003 said:
yaa....abt card i got wat u wanna tell me.....

But i was asking u abt rest of the config .....not card/psu

Is rest config is good enuf to perform for next 4 yrs,,,,since i dnt wish to upgrade rest of config in next 4 years...

4 years!!!:S Going bu the pace of today's computing world,you may be surprised by how hopelessly your config has outdated.
Futureproofing..forget it.It's not even possinle in the high end segment also.

techno_funky said:
If you are getting this card, do tell me where you are getting it from.

Tonight i m leaving for mumbai....

probably will go to Lamington road in eve,,,, lets c wat prices ppl quotes there...

will post the prices after returning from there ,,,may b after 2-3 days

Back