Graphic Cards HD movies without dedicated graphic card

MrRIG said:
My Suggestion for Intel G41 chipset based boards (Blu-Ray or any video 1080p, 720p)

Intel® G41 Express Chipset supports Blu-Disk Playback if following conditions are fulfilled:

• Minimum Intel ® G41 Chisets or above

• Only Windows Vista or Windows 7 for Hardware acceleration of Blu-Ray contents.

• Latest version Video playback Software such as PowerDVD8, Corel DVD9, etc.

• Latest version of Graphics Driver, DirectX, Bios.

• Enable PAVP (Protected Audio Video Path). PAVP ensures that computers supporting hardware-based decode acceleration are properly utilized in order to deliver smooth playback. In addition, PAVP reduces processor utilization by off-loading the video decode onto the chipset to free up the processor to perform other tasks. If your chipset supports PAVP, your computer or motherboard manufacturer has not exposed the PAVP setting in the System BIOS, but has typically enabled PAVP-Lite mode by default. G4 series chips are the first Intel chipsets to support PAVP.

• Download other players such as Media Player Classic, K-Lite codec pack, CoreAVC Professional Codec.

• AVC video stream consumes CPU power, now some latest ATI Graphic cards use Hardware acceleration for AVC also, Nvidia supports hardware acceleration for AVC.

• If you are going for Dedicated graphic card go for latest version of Multimedia (cheapest and low power) graphic card ATI 6 series or so.

• Your chipset supports Full HD playback if you Install Windows7
I was under the impression that G41 can only use hardware acceleration if it has GMA X4500HD but since most entry level mobo like the one used by OP has X4500 only then they cannot decode using hardware acceleration... I've G41 but since I use HD4850 I never bothered about it... Can you confirm this...

also one more question - i have 512mb ATI graphic card in my Laptop sony vpceb14en , i use this laptop for just browsing internet, watching movies and youtube - no gaming

you can also do onething if you want to see HD movies on an HD monitor (that you are thinking to buy) you can connect your laptop to the monitor through hdmi cable if your laptop has hdmi port and you can watch movies on the monitor...

And I would advice you to buy E2220HD over E2200HD as it is newer and has more ports as compared to E2200HD... 11 ports to be specific including two hdmi ports...

I have a E2160 and I own a HD5770 GPU. Believe me i still experience hiccups while playing FULL HD ie. 1080p on my Samsung B2330. I dont know if there's something wrong with my PC? but IMO HD playback depends on CPU much more than GPU(altleast for me :(). Correct me if i am wrong. But i really can't play Full HD smoothly on my PC which are <10GB. Hence now I bought the Phenom II X6 :D so will have no problem now.
If you want to upgrade,upgrade both but it will be better if you use your Laptop for watching video by connecting it with a HDMI cable to your upcoming monitor as suggested by Hades. rather than buying a graphic card.Save now and Upgrade your System Later on.
P.S.-Guys if the above problem you've never heard from anyone but me then i'm :ashamed: and :(

^.. Are those L4.1 compliant HD files or plain old ones. Make sure you have Media Player Classic Home Cinema which support hardware acceleration... its supported after every HD4xxx chip onwards...

HailStonE said:
I was under the impression that G41 can only use hardware acceleration if it has GMA X4500HD but since most entry level mobo like the one used by OP has X4500 only then they cannot decode using hardware acceleration... I've G41 but since I use HD4850 I never bothered about it... Can you confirm this...
Graphics &mdash; Blu-ray Disc* playback with the Intel® Graphics FAQ
and
Intel® HD Graphics &mdash; Blu-Ray* Disc Playback with Intel® HD Graphics FAQ

I installed everything that could have been possible but could not find any solution then i thought it might be the cpu only as also i wanted to upgrade too so....No problem now anyways.

L4.1 compliant HD files or plain old ones

^about this i don't know what it is, can u explain a bit please?

^^the higher the level and bitrate used for encoding a video the higher the computational power is required for decoding that video that's the reason why most old generation CPUs struggles to decode H.264 videos... BTW have you seen on apple's site that iPhone 4 only supports AVC videos encoded upto L3.1... Why apple has mentioned this is because a video encoded using L4.1 wouldn't play smoothly the way a level 3.1 setting encoded video will play...

For more info you can checkout this link: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC

^Well I read it but frankly if i say i was just happy with what Hades said,
the higher the level and bitrate used for encoding a video the higher the computational power is required for decoding that video that's the reason why most old generation CPUs struggles to decode H.264 videos

Anyways thanks HailStonE.

thanks , yes we can use laptop to connect using hdmi

thanks for monitor suggestion , sure will buy e2220hd

Hades. said:
you can also do onething if you want to see HD movies on an HD monitor (that you are thinking to buy) you can connect your laptop to the monitor through hdmi cable if your laptop has hdmi port and you can watch movies on the monitor...

And I would advice you to buy E2220HD over E2200HD as it is newer and has more ports as compared to E2200HD... 11 ports to be specific including two hdmi ports...

On a couple of older computers that I have tried running 720p/1080p videos, I found that using the CoreAVC codec improved things a lot. It only costs $10, that is something people might want to look into in case they don't want to go for a GPU/CPU upgrade.

Back