HDMI cable & converter

knoughtyd

Skilled
I was thinking of getting a DVI-HDMI converter and along with it HDMI-HDMI cable,instead of a DVI-HDMI cable...:)

So is it a good choice or shud i stick to getting a DVI-HDMI cable...:p

Also I dont have any clue about their prices(Mumbai) & also need cheap ones(tightbudget)..:ashamed:

It would really depend on what the primary function of the cable is. You can always buy a dvi/hdmi adapter or an hdmi/dvi adapter after if you need. You are likely to get a better quality picture without an adapter, so I would suggest getting whatever you have a primary need for.

My primary need is to connect my bravia to my PC wich has a DVI port n watch movies:)

So i was thinking of buying an adapter n another HDMI cable along with it,so that i could use the HDMI cable later on seperately:p

But if quality suffers then i wud go with DVI-HDMI cable...wat wud b its cost??(Mumbai)

I'm surprised nobody replied to this one yet; :S

[And u should do a few search attempts cos there're umpteen no of threads based on this query alone :p]

Dude, try local shops for the MX branded ones; Might be as cheap as 500 bucks; :)

Else head to PRIME ABGB and ask for a DVI to HDMI adapter; the site shows the other one so they may have this one, just enquire;

Or get this cable instead;

http://www.primeabgb.com/index.php?...facturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Cables're expensive but then u need not keep on unplugging ang replugging ur existing HDMI cable from the device it is conected to like the PS3 or the DVD player; :)

gannu said:
I'm surprised nobody replied to this one yet; :S
[And u should do a few search attempts cos there're umpteen no of threads based on this query alone :p]
oops ya search feature:ashamed:

gannu said:
Dude, try local shops for the MX branded ones; Might be as cheap as 500 bucks; :)

Else head to PRIME ABGB and ask for a DVI to HDMI adapter; the site shows the other one so they may have this one, just enquire;

Or get this cable instead;
http://www.primeabgb.com/index.php?...facturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Cables're expensive but then u need not keep on unplugging ang replugging ur existing HDMI cable from the device it is conected to like the PS3 or the DVD player; :)
I dont wana spend lots on cable since on tight budget:ashamed: and also I have read that isntead of going for Branded gold plated stuff its better to stick with cheap ones:p
Brand-Name HDMI Cables: Are They Worth It?
Expensive cables aren't worth it

So I was thinking whether I could land some cheap ones at Lamignton road:)
If I dnt get cheap there then only option is to order online:cool2: but would these cables attract any customs or something like tat:S
Found DealExtreme it provides free international shipping:)

Yeah DealExtreme's a good one for cables and connectors; :)

Usually these teeny-weeny things wont attract any customs but just send them a mail asking them to undervalue the stuff;

gannu said:
Yeah DealExtreme's a good one for cables and connectors; :)

Usually these teeny-weeny things wont attract any customs but just send them a mail asking them to undervalue the stuff;

How are these:)
HDMI/F to DVI 24+5/M Adapter

I found two choices for the HDMI cable,Shielded would be a good buy rgt;)
HDMI-to-HDMI 1.3a Hi-Speed Cable for DVD/PS3/Receiver/Satellite/TV (1.5-Meter)

High Quality Shielded HDMI-HDMI Multimedia AV Cable (1.8-Meter)

So the total cost would come around 13-14$,so would such a small cost attract customs:S if yes,then by how much shud it by undervalued say to abt 10$(noob to international buyin):ashamed:

Not sure if this message is timely enough but did you try looking on amazon.com or solidsignal.com? Sometimes they might not ship to Mumbai but you can always use a parcel forwarding company like Shipito. I used them a few times to order dvds, books etc. they were cheap and fast. Hope this bit helps you in the future!

It would really depend on what the primary function of the cable is. You can always buy a dvi/hdmi adapter or an hdmi/dvi adapter from amazon...

Recently I came to know that there is a website named AmazingWatcher.Com which is a free website that will “watch†items for you on Amazon and let you know when amazon has them in stock at regular retail price.It got so awesome!
Good luck everybody!AmaZing Watcher

Even I wanted to buy HDMI, just read a review on cnet that they themselves use the cheapest and are quiet happy.And recommend it to

Link CNET Quick Guide: HDMI and HDMI cables: What HDMI cable should I buy? - CNET Reviews

I am Planning to buy from ebay INDIA but incase you are buying from online from outside INDIA, dont worry abt duty as these small items dont attract duty at all.Also note none of the sites except chinese undervalue their invoice. The main problem is courier cost. If adding that works out for you go ahead. But adding 'KMD' service will only add to the cost. Some websites are cheaper but they dont ship outside US and thats where KMD roles comes in and he can arrange it to your door step.

HOPE this helps

I am using a converter(Rs.250) + MX 3mtr HDMI1.3b cable(Rs.450).
I did not buy DVI to HDMI cable just bcose I can use HDMI cable as seperate whenever needed.

DriftKingNT said:
Check on monoprice.com and get them via kmd.
Gannu said:
^^Yup go ahead; :)

And 10$ seems fine enough; :lol:

Any place where I can cheaply buy HDMI cables in Mumbai? (Offline Store and/ or online options)

Prices that are similar to monoprice in the US?

I hate how they charge crazy $$ for HDMI cables in India.

I'd read the above articles back when I was in the US

UPDATE: I saw decent cables for 100/150 rupees on Ebay India.

Can I get these at some place in Mumbai without having to go online? Andheri / Bandra area preferable?

Back