Android HDMI Out on P3110 (wifi only galaxy tab2)

quartzap

Disciple
recently got a tab 2 P3110 (wifi only) and looking for adapters/docks to be able to output video ... while searching on amazon... discovered hat there are compatibilty issues with few models regarding hdmi out.. any1 here who has used the wifi only model to connect to hdmi and if it reuires rooting the device to be able to do so... looking for some help there ...

Easiest way is just walk into a samsung shop and ask.

But I don't think the Tab2 models allow HDMI out like the previous models did. This is how the Tab2 are cheaper. When i was looking at 10.1 tabs, i noticed the earlier 10.1 had the feature but the tab2 10.1 did not. Its not even mentioned until you research it. Rooting won't make a difference its a HW limitation. Does it really matter though. Only real use case is if you need to connect up to a projector.

The only adapter available for tab2 is the USB adapter and thats for hooking up to keyboards or game controllers or SD cards. No pen drive OTG possible.

I guess OTG pendrive is supported.. i got the adapter but hvnt checked hooking up a pd yet... time to check now ![DOUBLEPOST=1372182401][/DOUBLEPOST]checked today.... USB drives are supported very well through the OTG cable.

+1 for #2..

The tab 2 3100 will not output video even if there is any analog converter available as it lacks the component to do that task .. But since it can play any video you throw at it and there are tons of apps available, the video output feature could have been included to make the best bang for buck...

[quotit usb hard drive also , pls mention the OTG CABLE U BOUGHT, if feasible a link to buy the cable will b appreciated="quartzap, post: 1841137, member: 27422"]I guess OTG pendrive is supported.. i got the adapter but hvnt checked hooking up a pd yet... time to check now ![DOUBLEPOST=1372182401][/DOUBLEPOST]checked today.... USB drives are supported very well through the OTG cable.[/quote]
Does I

[quotit usb hard drive also , pls mention the OTG CABLE U BOUGHT, if feasible a link to buy the cable will b appreciated="quartzap, post: 1841137, member: 27422"]I guess OTG pendrive is supported.. i got the adapter but hvnt checked hooking up a pd yet... time to check now ![DOUBLEPOST=1372182401][/DOUBLEPOST]checked today.... USB drives are supported very well through the OTG cable.
Does I[/quote]
got it from a mobile accessories shop .. generic make.

Back