HDTV buying advice template

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDTV buying advice thread

guys need help in buying a 32" full hd tv(no hd ready) with connectivity options like ethernet and wifi support

also should be able to play all format movies esp.avi,mp4,mkv

looking at lg 32 le 5500 meets most of requirements except it doesnot has wifi and no idea how is the quality of this product?

1. Budget.

around 30k can extend if needed to max 35-36k

2. Viewing distance.

6-10 ft

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc.

have hd tata sky,xbox 360,pc

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV.

lcd or led(led preferablly)

5. Preference for brands.

sony,samsung,panasonic,philips,lg

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market?

no

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room.

tubelight

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.

yes need wifi and dlna support,also it should support various resoultion so that i can connect my pc and use as monitor when required

adder said:
^samsung 32D5000 or if its the lcd 32D550

thanks for reply

does 32D550 comes with wifi or we need to buy adapter seperately

which is better in general led or lcd

is there any good full hd tv with all these features below 30k?

what are the other options beside samsung?

think123 said:
thanks for reply
which is better in general led or lcd
The LED tvs which samsung or LG call it are nothing but lcds with LED as their light source ,they are more efficient and should last longer then the CCFL backlight.So short answer LED-lcd is better then lcd.

adder said:
The LED tvs which samsung or LG call it are nothing but lcds with LED as their light source ,they are more efficient and should last longer then the CCFL backlight.So short answer LED-lcd is better then lcd.

so how much life does a normal lcd has compared with led

think123 said:
so how much life does a normal lcd has compared with led
While the CCFL and Led emitters may therotically last upto 50k hours,the same cannot be said for the power supply or some image processing boards.
You will be lucky if it lasts 7 to 10 years.
With a CCFL based lcd you may see them blackening at the corners just like a tube light after some 5000hrs or so of use.Some CCFL tubes after a few thousand hrs of use may be dimmer then the others,this can be seen quite easily in a grey screen or light blue sceens showing the sky.

i have heard about lottery system of samsung for lcd does the same apply for led sets also?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

any model below 30K range with all features i mentioned?

what are my other choices apart from samsung?

hey i am looking to buy one HDTV here.

i really like Samsung 40D5000. An elegant blend of practicality and performance - UA40D5000PRMXL - LED TV - Television | SAMSUNG

what are your views on it? Any other TV in the same size (40) and comparable price range?

PS- Samsung Only.

Thank you! :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

i also have another query.

i can go for 43' plasma (3D) in the same budget. how will that fare?

why arent people going for plasmas?

Essentially, i am asking plasma vs LED

The samsung D5000 will have blacker blacks then the base model plasma(infact samsung lcds have deeper blacks then the flagship samsung D8000 plasma) ,its also superior under ambient light and unlike the plasma it won't dim with increasing APL.

You could pay a bit more and get the D5500 which has the smart tv features and lots of applications*.

*depends on region.

My comparison has boiled down to 40D550 (LCD) vs 40D5000 (LED).. I can manage the LED but would rather not if the advantages are not that great..

think123 said:
which is better LG 32LE5500 or samsung lcd 32D550?

32D550 has better image processing and higher contrast.
wishmaster.dj said:
are the apps worth the extra money? also what extra features?
wishmaster.dj said:
My comparison has boiled down to 40D550 (LCD) vs 40D5000 (LED).. I can manage the LED but would rather not if the advantages are not that great..

The advantage you get over a CCFL lcd is power consumption.Well its better to check the samsung app store to see whether its worth it.

A close relative is coming back from Bangkok. Which LED TV to get in 32"/40" size from there and what would be the expected price of the same.

the thing holding me back form buying an LCD is 50hz refresh rate. will it really matter a lot? is it worth it to invest in a led with 100 hz, all other things remaining constant?

Switch said:
A close relative is coming back from Bangkok. Which LED TV to get in 32"/40" size from there and what would be the expected price of the same.

Check here for the prices osCommerce and
Product :: Stereo House, All you sight and sound needs. [Powered by Makewebeasy.com]
1 thailand Baht = Rs 1.48 .

Good models to select are D6400 and sony EX720 both are 3d and smart tvs.They also have motionflow/AMP.

In the lower end the D5500 and EX520 should be good.

was looking for lcd tv in market and found many new models from all companies have either arrived or soon to arrive.

all are boasting of there internet tv and panel quality and all are nearly priced.

here are few questions

Q1.who has the best display among lg,samsung,panasonic,sony?

Q2.is ips panel used by lg and panasonic better than the va panel used by samsung or sony?

Q3.who has the best smart tv samsung smart tv,lg netcast smart tv ,panasonic viera connect or sony internet tv?

Q4.who provides maximum connectivity features and playback of all formats?

Q5. is it better to go for smart tv now or just simple lcd tv?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back