HDTV buying advice template

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDTV buying advice thread

I am taking about D5500 LED-lcd not D550,yes it was available for 45k in grey market delhi only i believe it was also listed in ebay.in

No idea about shops other then ones in bangalore.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

tech1978 said:
In that case for 2d its better to settle down on samsung series 5 instead of series 6.

series 6 also has 100hz frame insertion which can come handy at times,but most people usually disable the feature,so yes you could settle for the series 5.

leoking said:
i have a noob question...

i always doubt bout originality of grey market hdtvs....

how can grey market lower so much price comparing showroom price??

how can sony.LG,samsung allow their products steal or imported from forgein without passing tight check at customs...??

how these grey market products selling at such a price??

The grey market products are tvs brought to india without paying custom duties or other taxes,i don't think companies really care that much since the custom duties goes for government.

i am waiting for diwali to buy a 55". No 3D as content is not widely available in Indian market. What models should i look at ?

LED would be used Majorly for watching 1080p movies through a asus o player or wd player via HDMI cable.

Thank you

adder said:
No idea about shops other then ones in bangalore.

Can you please tell me the names of the shops in Bangalore. I know they r in National market, but specific names would help.

Since, I shifted here only recently.

^
I don't know the name of the shop ,but most dealers are found in the mall next to called sukh sagar mall.

*** URGENT ***

1. Budget - 50k to 80K max.

2. Viewing distance - 8 to 15ft.

3. Sources/inputs - HD DTH, regular cable, Existing DVD player, A future bluray player.

4. Preference - LED-LCD TV.

5. Preference for brands - Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, LG.

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market - NO.

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room - Dim-normal lighting at night, Ambient daylight during the day.

8. TV size minimum 46 inches needed. USB playback with maximum format support. Not interested in 3D, no problem if its a part of the deal. Do not want glossy screen. Might consider 46"+ plasma at max 60k budget from Panasonic if such an option available.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi all,my uncle has bought new toshiba regza 40PS10ZE led-lcd tv last week everything works perfect but i cannot any mobile to it in mass storage/media mode.can connect pen drive and it works perfectly & can play many formats.Is their anything like upgrading firmware to fix this issue?.

Anyone owns a regza here..?

1. Budget.

~40-45k ( I have a Sony CRT 21" so can be <=45k effetively after exchange)

2. Viewing distance.

10 feet

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc.

Cable DTH,USB. PS3/Xbox would be a plus

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV.

LCD or LED.

5. Preference for brands.

Open to Samsung/Sony/LG

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market?

No.

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room.

Windows to the east

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.

None.. If there are any, then its a bonus.

Gannu, adder suggestions please? :p

sahilshah1987 said:
1. Budget.
~40-45k ( I have a Sony CRT 21" so can be <=45k effetively after exchange)

2. Viewing distance.
10 feet

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc.
Cable DTH,USB. PS3/Xbox would be a plus

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV.
LCD or LED.

5. Preference for brands.
Open to Samsung/Sony/LG

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market?
No.

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room.
Windows to the east

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.
None.. If there are any, then its a bonus.

Gannu, adder suggestions please? :p
i have bought samsung 40d550 for 45000. you can go for this lcd tv but problem is panel lottery system. mine is HN01 which is C Panel. my friend bought 46d550 for 64000rs which has SQ01 panel. so samsung gives beter panel with higher price.samsung gives beter panel with higher price.

Hi guys, Need advice for buying 32" LCD/LED TV for 35-40K. I was not planning to upgrade before diwali, but just found someone who wants to buy my 29" CRT TV. So I am in a hurry to buy a new LCD/LED TV so that I can offload my old CRT.
I am not looking to spend too much on this one, since I plan to go in for a bigger 46-50" 3D TV once the technology has sufficiently matured, say in a year or so.
1. Budget. : 35-40K

2. Viewing distance. : 6-12 feet

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc.: Cable DTH /USB for movies/ Sony Home theater. Would upgrade DTH to HD once the TV has HD capabilities. Future Console usage.

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV. : LCD or LED, budget is important since I will go for a 3D TV in a year and then this TV will be used in the bedroom.

5. Preference for brands. Open to Samsung/Song/LG/Panasonic

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market? : No.

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room. : Sliding door behind the TV stand, mostly covered/closed.

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.: not specifically looking for any other features, web connectivity feature will be a plus but not absolutely necessary. playback support for divx, mp4, mkv, flv is a must.
Usage will be basically Cable/DTH and USB movie playback. I have read that LG(especially the Jazz series) has excellent sound quality, so am a bit more in favour of LG.
Please help me out guys, all suggestions will be appreciated.

@dream catcher
A samsung series 46" series 6000 or 6600

@sahilshah1987
You will need a tv with matte screen since you have windows facing east,at your budget you cannot get a 40" tv with a matte screen,not sure what screen the 40D550 samsung had but it comes with SMVA panel made by CMO.
I suggest you to try the grey market,you can get a 40CX520 for around 40k.You cannot exchange your old tv in grey market.

@axis
samsung 32D580 is a excellent choice.

So the samsung UA40D55000 sourced through CSD we got a quote of about 57K. Price fair enough?
Can anybody confirm getting an SPVA panel for the LED 40D5500?
Because getting from CSD those are directly delivered from the samsung warehouse. else for a budget of 50k what options do i have for an LED model in 40+ category in the grey market? in sony too.

^Well to date i haven't seen a SPVA panel on the D5500,you will most likely get a AMVA panel.I hear quotes of 57k in showroom.

In the grey market you can get a Sony EX520 for around 50k or less.

Thanks adder, I am getting 32D550 for 29.5K, haven't checked the price of the 32D580 but I guess it should be about 1K more i.e. ~30.5K. Would that be a good deal?

adder said:
^Well to date i haven't seen a SPVA panel on the D5500,you will most likely get a AMVA panel.I hear quotes of 57k in showroom.

In the grey market you can get a Sony EX520 for around 50k or less.

any similar options for an LG LED-LCD ? in ~50k bracket ?

the problem with the EX520 would be the limited playback options so i might as well have to buy a media player for about 4k.

that would increase the overall costs .

any similar options with the panasonic/Sharp worth considering (100hz panel)

axis said:
Thanks adder, I am getting 32D550 for 29.5K, haven't checked the price of the 32D580 but I guess it should be about 1K more i.e. ~30.5K. Would that be a good deal?
I think its a good deal,you are more likely to get a SPVA panel in 32D580.

ggt said:
any similar options for an LG LED-LCD ? in ~50k bracket ?

the problem with the EX520 would be the limited playback options so i might as well have to buy a media player for about 4k.
that would increase the overall costs .
any similar options with the panasonic/Sharp worth considering (100hz panel)

Lg and panasonic lcd will have low contrast levels,their image processing again is bit inferior to the ones in the samsung or sony.
Sharp has neither that impressive contrast nor a good image processing and its service is a ? Even panasonic service ain't good.

D5500 AMVA panel ain't bad.A standalone media player is still better then the inbuilt ones in tv.

*** MOST URGENT - NEED TO BUY TOMORROW EVENING ***

1. Budget - 50k to 60K max.

2. Viewing distance - 6 to 10ft.

3. Sources/inputs - HD DTH, regular cable, Existing DVD player, A future bluray player.

4. Preference - LED-LCD TV (32" or greater). MUST BE FULL HD (1080p)

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room - TV faces East. Window opposes TV on east wall. Window on South wall to left when facing TV. Room lighting - Sunlight (East & South), and Fluorescent (behind TV - West Wall). TV located near South-West corner of room.

8. Location - Trivandrum

Well;

Having received no response to my query above, I have gone out and got myself a Samsung UA32D6000SRMXL 32" LED-LCD TV.

Got it from QRS Trivandrum for 54K.

pillainp said:
*** MOST URGENT - NEED TO BUY TOMORROW EVENING ***

1. Budget - 50k to 60K max.

2. Viewing distance - 6 to 10ft.

4. Preference - LED-LCD TV (32" or greater). MUST BE FULL HD (1080p)

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room - TV faces East. Window opposes TV on east wall. Window on South wall to left when facing TV. Room lighting - Sunlight (East & South), and Fluorescent (behind TV - West Wall). TV located near South-West corner of room.

8. Location - Trivandrum

Well;

Having received no response to my query above, I have gone out and got myself a Samsung UA32D6000SRMXL 32" LED-LCD TV.

Got it from QRS Trivandrum for 54K.

Congrats!! Samsung LED TVs are the best out there! :)

adder: How risky is it to buy from grey market? I havent bought anything from grey before and what if something happens during the first year or piece is defective ? We are spending around 50k so isnt it too much of a risk to buy from grey?

^ Whether there is a risk absolutely.As long as you make sure you put a good stabilizer like a V-guard crystal you should be fine.People in this forums itself have spent more then a lakh for a tvs in grey market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back