HDTV buying advice template

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDTV buying advice thread

Gannu said:
^that is called the soap opera effect. :p
not a big fan of soaps except for baths :p
BTW having experienced 100hz effect how are the panasonic LCD displays?
cheaper than the c650 or the same price in 40 k range (with 100HZ)
if i get something in LA40 D550 range then i can get a media player in that case the advantage would be 3 years warranty. :)

EDIT : just noticed by what you mentioned about "the soap opera effect" :ashamed:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/291611/the-soap-opera-effect-on-modern-displays

i am also thinking of getting 40d550. after experiencing bad time with LG 42LD460. now i got cash repayment of 46000 cheque. i am actually decided to go for samsung 40d5500 led tv for 55500rs. but after seeing the newly bought samsung 32d5000 with CN panel.i see that picture quality is same compared to my LCD even good than sammy led.
so now thinking of panasonic plasma tv 42u30.
help me in this dilemma.
or any other lcd/led or plasma with in 55000

ggt said:
not a big fan of soaps except for baths :p

BTW having experienced 100hz effect how are the panasonic LCD displays?

cheaper than the c650 or the same price in 40 k range (with 100HZ)

if i get something in LA40 D550 range then i can get a media player in that case the advantage would be 3 years warranty. :)

They are certainly good and have IPS panels. The only gripe compared to the Sony and Samsung displays that have SPVA panels are the black levels being inferior. But the 3 yr warranty IMO takes the cake. Had this been around before, I think I'd have opted for the 42V20D plasma. :p

There's literally nothing that comes close to this plasma display!

Hi all,

My friend is looking at buy an LCD/LED tv... What's the best tv Rs. 20K can get you? Size/options do not matter... Price and quality does! ;)

EDIT: LED is preferred... thanks!

Guys I am looking for a 40-42" LED TV. My budget is 70K Max.

I will be mainly watching HD Content like Sports (So want atleast 100Hz) and want

good media format support from USB (should be able to play mkv files etc).

Any suggestions?

OK, After further reading I am not even sure if I want an LED.

Is there a lot of difference between an LCD and an LED? (In terms of picture quality, power consumption etc)

I will be watching HD Content, HD Sports and also normal SD Stuff.

Which TV will be good for the above combo of media?

And like mentioned above, also want good media format support from USB (should be able to play mkv files etc).

No idea about samsung but you can buy sony cx320 HD ready 32" in grey for as low as 19k (might be even cheaper now). If you want the latest picture engine (xreality) and a sureshot spva panel, then do prefer the cx52 which greytails for 22k (check current price). I heard from one person the cx320 is also spva but not sure... Finally bear in mind that if your priority is video format support then consider the sammy lcds but do note that it may lack spva panel by virtue of sammy's panel lottery system :p
Cool_dude_Prav said:
Hi all,

My friend is looking at buy an LCD/LED tv... What's the best tv Rs. 20K can get you? Size/options do not matter... Price and quality does! ;)
EDIT: LED is preferred... thanks!

Some questions about the panels.
Does the SQ in the version assure of the svpa panel?
And is the sony CX42 a guaranteed SVPA panel?
If yes then i might even skip the samsung if i do not get the svpa panel in the samsung.

^Yes and yes.

@DC: Consider the Samsung D5500/5900 also. Not sure if the D6000 falls within the 70k budget of yours.

Going to see the UA40D6000SR in the showroom now, heard many good things about it.
Not too keen on 3D so dont care. Thanks Gannu, will also check the D5500/5900 but the panel lottery
scheme of Samsung sucks, lets see if I can negotiate with the showroom guys to check the
panel before taking delivery.

1. Budget: 15K (max)

2. Viewing distance: 10-12 Ft

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players: HD DTH

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV: None

5. Preference for brands - None. Should be reliable.

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market? NO

I have no idea about TVs. Please help me.

And I am from Bangalore. So, if possible suggest some shops near marathalli area.

Thanks

Darthcoder said:
Going to see the UA40D6000SR in the showroom now, heard many good things about it.

Not too keen on 3D so dont care. Thanks Gannu, will also check the D5500/5900 but the panel lottery

scheme of Samsung sucks, lets see if I can negotiate with the showroom guys to check the

panel before taking delivery.

I maybe wrong here but a vast majority of the LED backlit panels I've seen by far are SPVA models. The panel lottery is evident in the LCD camp.

Just take a look at what the version number of the sticker stuck at the side of the displays says. Post back with the response. :)

D5000/5500 to date from what i saw in bangalore and from owners haven't got a SPVA panel,but the AMVA panel in these are quite good.

so which one from samsung panels can i choose?

saw my cousin brothers sony Bravia and that too had the halo effect.

my mind is shifting away from sony right now :no:

so i am thinking if i get the desired panel (SPVA or equivalent) then i will choose samsung LA 40 D550 or will get the LG LK450/430 from CSD (will save around 6 k from CSD).

think123 said:
is it ok to use pc ups with lcd or we should use v-guard stablizer?
i think you can use a ups for lcd tv since it comes with inbuilt avr. As far as pc is concerned the ups is a two in one unit which provides backup and regulates voltage. But for an lcd it is wise to use a stablizer than a ups as a UPS manual suggests to use it only for computer use .
But dont know if the ups can go to the level of harming your lcd. Let the others reply as even i have asked the same quey sometime back....

^thanks,hoping someone could give a definite answer to this.

i asked this because i have a spare ups while i will have to buy a new stablizer for my lcd if ups has any kind of problem with lcd.

Any recommendations for an LCD/LED TV for around Rs.20k ?

Should be Full HD with HDMI and PC connectivity... Size doesn't matter....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back